Joining a club, out of the scene for 8-10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

oldboyz

Draftee
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey guys,

This thread's probably super naive. But I'm looking to join a club for something to do during the week asides from gym and work, and for a good mess around with some blokes. Loved playing sport my whole life, but after turning 18, like alot of guys I assume it took a back seat to life. Missing it to be honest.

Anyway, I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to the local footy scene these days. Do I just give the coach a call and rock up for a couple training sesh's or what? What's the usual process with joining a club, and are there any recommendations about the ethos of specific clubs - ie do they cater to different types of people? Do you just get chucked in the lowest div and work your way up as you go I assume? How serious do the different divs get?

I played all through primary and high school then pretty much stopped immediately after that. Played mostly 2's and some games in 1's for an APS school yr 7-12, not that this means much. I'm 28 now. I'm decently fit and co-ordinated but obviously rusty af in terms of footy specifically. Honestly only wanting to play for a bit of fun at first - not as in a complete mess around but yeah.

Grew up in Burwood and live around the around now so East Burwood FC seemed like a no brainer.

Cheers

Come on down. Ring the club and find out the date when training begins. You will be more than welcome to join the Rams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back