Society & Culture Joining the Army in your 30's.

Remove this Banner Ad

CasuallyDressed

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers. Rockies. Coyotes
I've been thinking about joining the Army reserves... think at 33 I'm too old to join the regular Army. I want a change in my life and frankly there aren't many jobs out there I could do.

Is there anybody out there who has joined the Army in their early 30's? I'm relatively fit but have had a few injuries. Does anybody know if the Reserves can lead into a FT job later on?

Obviously I could call the recruitment office and ask this, but I've heard they might spin stuff a little and wanted a more "regular" opinion.

jerry springer

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
I've been thinking about joining the Army reserves... think at 33 I'm too old to join the regular Army. I want a change in my life and frankly there aren't many jobs out there I could do.

Is there anybody out there who has joined the Army in their early 30's? I'm relatively fit but have had a few injuries. Does anybody know if the Reserves can lead into a FT job later on?

Obviously I could call the recruitment office and ask this, but I've heard they might spin stuff a little and wanted a more "regular" opinion.

33 defiantly is not too old, they are taking 50 year old at the moment, especially ones with a trade.

there has been a massive surge for people joining the forces this year as it is it a stable job with a regular income, so be aware they are being very choosy.

defiantly joining reserves is a good pathway

what do you want to do in the green? are you after a trade? have you thought about the Navy as well?

Remove this Banner Ad