News JOM offered a week

Remove this Banner Ad

Every single one of those points is actually wrong. That argument would crumble in a proper deliberation.

Left arm was actually free when the tackle started. Tackle did not produce rotational or driving force. That was Spargo who produced that.

Wish the club would come out and just blast this decision (and others) publically. Stop being so weak. We are always seen as an easy and irrelevant target.
Agree.

Would love us to show some proper mongrel on and off the field. What's the worst that would happen? A Please Explain? Who gives a s**t about that when we're already shafted regularly being the nice guys.

Last edited:
Something that bemuses me is a term that the Tribunal members have used... "A reasonable footballer".
The term has been used in things like, A reasonable player, would under these circumstances, release the oppositions arm.
Can someone please explain to me what it means.
Does it mean that those that are suspended are not reasonable players?

Was watching a replay of the game and 4:26 to go in the 2nd quarter ... JOM tackles Sparrow and it is almost an identical action. The only difference here is Sparrow gets rid of the ball and doesn't flop like Spargo. To repeat what Spargo did, he just has to hold the ball, fling his lower right leg up and dive towards Grundy. Clear evidence of JOM's tackling technique. Not sure if this could/would have been used in the defence.

View attachment 1701799
This is outstanding evidence. Can clearly see that his method is consistent. Given his longevity and lack of disciplinary measures previously, one could infer that he actually has incredibly sound technique (looking at that, it's textbook to prevent anything other than a wayward kick, most likely get a HTB or incorrect disposal). Don't understand the lack of appeal.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Something that bemuses me is a term that the Tribunal members have used... "A reasonable footballer".
The term has been used in things like, A reasonable player, would under these circumstances, release the oppositions arm.

It’s a carry-over from legalese speak to describe an ‘average’ person or common person in the courts.
Just adapted to football speak

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Legal jargon to distinguish from the accused

Sorry, my intention was to suggest a reality where if the MRO says it's low impact and not warranting a suspension then it's low impact but the tribunal will always use their potential to cause harm rule to upgrade force to medium when it's in their temple.
They have such a rule for high bumps but not for rough conduct which is weird Screenshot_20230601_090001_Samsung Notes.jpg .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back