Traded Jon Ceglar and F4 to Geelong for F3 (Bris)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the issue is only worth kicking down the road long enough for Tsapatolis and Neale to get a go. If they don't make it we trade for a ruck in 2 years time

I think with 2 30yo rucks that would have to be the plan-rotate them both so you get 3 years out of them and when they retire either neale is ready or you trade for a ruck again. Im surprised ceglar wants to come tbh.

Id rather we get lynch personally but thats a fair enough swap.
Possible if you see Geelong's list a bit further away from a premiership. Ceglar is a better player right now.

A swap for the same pick as Darcy Fort would be ok but trading our current 3rd #41 seems fanciful.

Herald Sun reporting that Haw are picking up Max Lynch and have Reeves and McEvoy. They are the ones that need 31 year old Ceglar gone not the other way round.

Future 3rd id say is what we would offer. Or say pick 50 (with some other pick shuffles) assuming thats what we get for fort.

Possible if you see Geelong's list a bit further away from a premiership. Ceglar is a better player right now.

I agree he is im just concerned about if our 2 30yo rucks decline at the same time and the 19yo ruck behind them isnt ready which is why id rather a middle aged ruck but ceglar is a decent ruck and will give us a better quality of backup than we've had for stanley in recent years.

Hawks are reported to be offering to pay half of his salary. If this happens Ild expect a 2nd rounder to be involved

Unlikely given his age..geelong are going to have stacks of cap room in 2023 so we could restructure his deal over 2 years and pay it easily..we dont really need the cap help.

Unlikely given his age..geelong are going to have stacks of cap room in 2023 so we could restructure his deal over 2 years and pay it easily..we dont really need the cap help.
That’s why I said “if”. Other clubs like the dogs for example might need the help

That’s why I said “if”. Other clubs like the dogs for example might need the help

Dogs definitelt that would help you get a better pick im not sure it would with us when we have so many retirements coming

I wonder if the cap help speculation is coming from the Doggies and Brisbane discussion. I really don't know how to value the cap room components! We will just need to wait and see what happens.
One of the media talking heads are suggesting the Bulldogs 2022 2nd rounder would be involved if the salary contribution is high enough and Ceglar chooses the Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the media talking heads are suggesting the Bulldogs 2022 2nd rounder would be involved if the salary contribution is high enough and Ceglar chooses the Bulldogs.
Yeah makes more sense since we don't have enough points to hand back for 23. I think you might ask for one or both of our 4th rounders as well.
Like a package of points + salary + Ceglar for a good pick.

But it does sound like the cats discussion is all but agreed. Just pending the fort trade.

Maybe doggies come and out bid them....tbh I'm finding it a little hard to wrap my head around cegs causing a bidding war but maybe it's the value clubs are putting on cap space?

Yeah makes more sense since we don't have enough points to hand back for 23. I think you might ask for one or both of our 4th rounders as well.
Like a package of points + salary + Ceglar for a good pick.

But it does sound like the cats discussion is all but agreed. Just pending the fort trade.

Maybe doggies come and out bid them....tbh I'm finding it a little hard to wrap my head around cegs causing a bidding war but maybe it's the value clubs are putting on cap space?
It's probably the perfect storm of two top 4 clubs this year having terrible ruck divisions, and not many rucks being available.

It's probably the perfect storm of two top 4 clubs this year having terrible ruck divisions, and not many rucks being available.
That's a good point, both teams have value in the other not having him.

Ah in that case you'd be more than welcome to him. Trade on
It's his decision in the end and he may well prefer to live in Geelong.
I'm a little concerned about our ruck stocks next year though - we may be stuck with Mason Cox as the only available candidate to boost that area of the ground.

It’s a tough one, clearly a 2nd for him is overs.

However I wouldn’t be happy paying a cent of his contract if we were getting anything less, paying an okay player to play for another club and getting next to nothing in return just isn’t good business.

If wherever he goes can take on his full contract a 3rd seems about right.

It’s a tough one, clearly a 2nd for him is overs.

However I wouldn’t be happy paying a cent of his contract if we were getting anything less, paying an okay player to play for another club and getting next to nothing in return just isn’t good business.

If wherever he goes can take on his full contract a 3rd seems about right.

We would happily take on his contract for a R3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back