Injury Jon Griffin.

Remove this Banner Ad

ah, fair enough. Just should be intresting how much it will take to convince Andrew Demetriou about allthese season ending injuries needs to be looked at has to do with limited interchanges maybe?

Our luck with injured knees specifically to our key position players is just absolutely awful.

I saw a bit of how Griff's happened on a replay, and it looked like he had not planted his foot down properly as he was contesting when Lynch appeared to put considerable weight on Griff, causing the knee to twist and give way. Hopefully, it's not a bad an injury as Keps is.

ah, fair enough. Just should be intresting how much it will take to convince Andrew Demetriou about allthese season ending injuries needs to be looked at has to do with limited interchanges maybe?
Someone I know in the WAFL has said that it relates to the new tackling/sliding rules, where players have to keep their feet. This is result in ankle and knee injuries as people are getting twisted whilst they are being tackled. If all their weight happens to be on the leg that gets twisted something gives. I know this isn't how all the injuries have happened but it is a major cause for concern.

Someone I know in the WAFL has said that it relates to the new tackling/sliding rules, where players have to keep their feet. This is result in ankle and knee injuries as people are getting twisted whilst they are being tackled. If all their weight happens to be on the leg that gets twisted something gives. I know this isn't how all the injuries have happened but it is a major cause for concern.

Very interesting theory and quite plausible imo.

Maybe my memory is leaving me, but I cannot remember severe knee injuries happening at this rate say 10-15 years ago.

Is anyone aware of any comparitive studies done on the actual figures over the years?

My thoughts are that footballers are now full time athletes and can build their bodies and muscles to such an elite level. The training levels and demands have increased from where they were 10 or twenty years ago.
The superior fitness levels and more muscular physiques allow them to go in harder and stronger and everything is faster and more congested.
Don't know that ACLs and all these other joints in their knees and ankles have improved in proportion to the extra pressure being applied hence the damage.

Gutted for Griff, really sad we're not going to see Griff and Sandi working in tandem Ruck/Forward. Would have been best ruck combo in the league.
We'll see them doing regular tandem towellings of all other ruck divisions,just not this season.

Q:When does a wedding feel like a funeral?
A:When the Dog-Tooth Dockers play the Piddling Pies at home at the same time.So you go to the wedding and the first update received says JG has done his knee!

Feel horrible for Jon, was just stamping himself as a strong genuine #1 ruckman.
Wish him a swift, successful recovery.
Got a feeling Zac Clarke will step up in his absence, think he will surprise a few. Always rated him when he actually plays ruck. Played so well in that derby where we lost sandi (or griff?) and he had to take over rucking duties - had about 10 tackles IIRC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back