Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

So did his mental health issues cause him to do the misdemeanors or did the misdemeanors cause his mental health issues? (and being caught out)
Well getting tot he point where you think it is ok and safe to send picutres of yourself flaying John Thomas indicates to me that he may have had issues already. Being forced to face them would only exacerbate them.

and he has been outed as having a foot fetish, something which most people find to be rather gross.

I do think though Patton was on very good money at GWS for a number of years so if he was wise with how he spent his money he may not need a full time job post football career.

A lot of footballers live pretty lavishly while they're playing. Rent expensive places, spend a stack on things like clothes and expensive dinners out because they've got the disposable income to do so, and there's also a disproportionate balance sheet at the club meaning players have to keep up with the Joneses - even if they're earning 300k pa more.

The players who are set up best post-career have other interests, and most clubs encourage part-time study or other vocational stuff like working a half day a week in finance.

Not sure what Patton has done throughout his career, but I think his personality and IQ would preclude him from working in most industries.

A lot of footballers live pretty lavishly while they're playing. Rent expensive places, spend a stack on things like clothes and expensive dinners out because they've got the disposable income to do so, and there's also a disproportionate balance sheet at the club meaning players have to keep up with the Joneses - even if they're earning 300k pa more.

The players who are set up best post-career have other interests, and most clubs encourage part-time study or other vocational stuff like working a half day a week in finance.

Not sure what Patton has done throughout his career, but I think his personality and IQ would preclude him from working in most industries.

Well he is going to have to live with his actions then. Every potential future employer will be very aware of his history and they will have to decide for themselves if that is the sort of person they want to employ.

and he has been outed as having a foot fetish, something which most people find to be rather gross.

I do think though Patton was on very good money at GWS for a number of years so if he was wise with how he spent his money he may not need a full time job post football career.
I know players get paid well but I highly doubt he can afford to not work for the next 40 years.

So people should just ignore and not report it then. And what happens if he does it to 20, 30, 40 women, and then it escalates to younger girls or to something more harmful, because noone ever said anything so nothing was done to stop him.

Ignoring things has never, ever, made something stop happening.
Wow, is that what I said? Classic example of how people can create their own narrative.

When he first started I thought that this bloke would have a Carey (the footballer) type profile over the next decade.

Thought he would be sitting on top of the world with media jobs to supplement a massive football salary.

Never thought that by 27 he would have had no memorable football moments and be an object of embarrassment.

These blokes must be mingling enough with girls to know that in general girls are not attracted to the male appendage as a starting point of attraction.

Is he important enough to Hawthorn structure wise to keep his spot as that is what it will come down to.

either way, he has been caught and then he proceeds to be hospitalised for treatment. On its face, the onset of this twit being found out and the realisation of the potential repercussions to follow for his own dim witted actions has caused him to be hospitalised. Betting man says he’d still be sending lewd messages if he hadn’t been founded out. No sympathy. DH has blown a chance of continuing a career doing what many others dream of doing.
Reckon this is pretty close to the mark

Even sending solicited pics you are likely inviting embarrassment and trouble

The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze

Well he is going to have to live with his actions then. Every potential future employer will be very aware of his history and they will have to decide for themselves if that is the sort of person they want to employ.

He'll control the flow of traffic on the Western Highway at 3am or something IMO.

Not unemployable, just going to struggle far more than he might have otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So people should just ignore and not report it then. And what happens if he does it to 20, 30, 40 women, and then it escalates to younger girls or to something more harmful, because noone ever said anything so nothing was done to stop him.

Ignoring things has never, ever, made something stop happening.
Seriously. Of course you report it, just don't expect it to stop because you reported it. However, social media allows you to block it. Imagine if reporting a break in to the police magically caused that to stop happening because crooks never revisit crime scenes.

Haven't seen too many cases of depression resulting in perpetual dicpicing.

Maybe he's gone full tiger Woods and has a sex (foot) addiction.

I just hope that the young lad finds what he is looking for.

A lot of people on here have never made a mistake in their lives it would appear. Mostly jealous and taking the opportunity to kick a man while down. He who has not sinned may cast the first stone
So what you're saying is you are personally worried because you've acted in a similar manner?

Its not a mistake it's a habit.

He just needs to ask permission before sending pics, or not send pics unless requested and everyone moves on.

I don't think the people are asking for too much here, just don't send dicpics. Unless prompted by the lady... in which case, go nuts. No pun intended

How is saying that people with depression are not more violent than the average person without depression a bad thing?
Because depression doesn't need anymore excusing than farting unnecessarily, scratching genitals publicly, blowing your nose loudly etc. Many people with depression manage it without any social exposure.

Imo this shouldn’t result in losing his career. I mean yea it’s not normal behavior and I know he’s made a number of people feel uncomfortable etc and he needs to pull his head in, maybe find some counselling and obviously sincerely apologise to women he has harassed/offended but he hasn’t raped anyone , hasn’t beaten anyone. The public humiliation and shame is more than enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back