Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
this bloke is a deadset creep, he'd already been harassing a female friend of mine about a year ago on instagram.
she was too scared to speak out about it.
glad hes been sprung now.

It isn't about sex either. It is about power. Patton is good looking, and presumably very wealthy as well. He in theory would not have a problem finding a girl who actually wanted to have sex with him. He doesn't necessarily want that though, he wants to make the girls feel small and powerless, and to make him feel powerful by making them feel powerless.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
What population group did they sample from for that survey? AFL and NRL players?

(it's worth noting that "sexting" doesn't necessarily equate to pictures)

(it's worth noting that "sexting" doesn't necessarily equate to pictures)

The study consisted of an analysis of 39 previous studies with 110,000 participants, split between girls and boys between the ages of 11 and 18. The average age was 15.

Not saying it doesn't happen - but 80% of adults would surprise me. Maybe I don't hang around the right (or wrong) crowd.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Consensual sexting though. Consensual sexting is completely fine and if these women asked or approved of Parton sending those photos before he sent them then this would not be a scandal.

Agree 100%.
Which I was only replying to someone's implication that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
The study consisted of an analysis of 39 previous studies with 110,000 participants, split between girls and boys between the ages of 11 and 18. The average age was 15.

Not saying it doesn't happen - but 80% of adults would surprise me. Maybe I don't hang around the right (or wrong) crowd.

The link I posted relevant to adults
To get a clearer picture of the state of sexting among American adults, Stasko and Geller enlisted 870 heterosexual adults to answer an online survey about sexting. The participants ranged in age between 18 and 82, with an average age of 35. The survey takers were recruited through the Internet site Amazon Mechanical Turk, and whites and women were overrepresented compared with the U.S. population as a whole.

The survey revealed that 88% of the respondents had sexted at least once in their lives and that 82% had done so in the last year. What’s more, 96% of these sexters said they endorsed the practice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Agree 100%.
Which I was only replying to someone's implication that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

Yep. I used to be a teacher and when I was a student teacher I was given a health class lesson plan to discuss sexting with a bunch of 10 to 12 year olds. Hopefully none of them were sexting but it needed to be taught before they would become interested in it, and also taught from a child protection standpoint as kids needed to know what it was in case an adult tried to get them to take pictures of themselves.

It was an awkward lesson, but I feel a necessary one.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I also received an instant message from Jon Patton with a picture of his penis in my DM’s this morning.

I replied with “Sorry Jonny, I’m not interested. Best of luck for next season” to which he replied “You Bigfooty posters are all the same” and promptly forwarded the pic on to 8 of my mates.

#metoo

Mar 20, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dolphins, Bulls, Red Sox, Arsenal
It isn't about sex either. It is about power. Patton is good looking, and presumably very wealthy as well. He in theory would not have a problem finding a girl who actually wanted to have sex with him. He doesn't necessarily want that though, he wants to make the girls feel small and powerless, and to make him feel powerful by making them feel powerless.
I hear he makes girls kneel in front of him to show him what fully functioning knees look like in some sort of twisted bdsm style kink. What a pervert

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep. I used to be a teacher and when I was a student teacher I was given a health class lesson plan to discuss sexting with a bunch of 10 to 12 year olds. Hopefully none of them were sexting but it needed to be taught before they would become interested in it, and also taught from a child protection standpoint as kids needed to know what it was in case an adult tried to get them to take pictures of themselves.

It was an awkward lesson, but I feel a necessary one.
All that in one lesson? You were stitched up!

brmi

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surprised it hasn't been asked yet, but is he your Nick Dal Santo type or your Robin Nahas type? Asking for a friend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back