Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

I don’t doubt the genuineness of the admission. I’ve known a few people find themselves in a pretty dark spot and sometimes a serious humiliation has been a tipping point for seeking treatment.

The fact all of the footy going public now know he’s a sleaze and likes to parade his wang online, coupled with the prospect of his already precariously placed career ending will not feel great.

Feel sorry for him, but he can’t use it as an out.

How do you feel when read people dismissing J Pattons mental health case
I have made banter about it on this thread which may seem hypocritical. I have said about Patton playing the mental health card and I think people lose respect for mental health when we hear about those who make mistakes cite mental health.
I try to make banter on every thread and this was my main strategy for years. Life of party, always cracking jokes etc underneath it all I was struggling. Mental health is a demon , you think you can handle it on your own but in the end you need help

How do you feel when read people dismissing J Pattons mental health case
I find it really frustrating .
We all know what he did is a crime and just so stupid.

What worries me is young people will read this thread and the day will come when they will need mental health help and will not as they dismiss themselves as just copping out, not taking responsibility, needIng to toughen up.

Quite happy for all to kick Patton for his crime but for him to put his hand up and say I have mental health issues this is not a crime, weakness but is just a fact.
it is just wrong to suggest that he is using this as a ploy to minimise his fault.

The guy needs help, he will lose his job, has been publicly outed as a sexual deviant and will possibly face criminal action.
That would send anyone to a breakdown.

He has been living this life which is based around the lie to himself that it is ok and people actually like him sending dick pics . To anyone it would seem obvious that this is wrong but those caught up in it they justify it to themselves and when it all comes tumbling down it would be extremely confronting and demoralising process to go through.

I think the mods should stop the posters from posting that this all a ploy or not just facing up to his actions. Think about other young people who at some stage will consider seeking psych help, these attitudes are the barriers which stop people form seeking help and instead taking more drastic actions. _Mike_ Wosh ShanDog Gralin Ant_ All very well to have a Beyond Blue thread But preventative action is needed in these threads.

Last edited:
Many would agree that's the best way to do it, but there's always the risk that by shutting down a dissenting opinion, it reinforces it even further. As long as people are genuine in their criticism or disbelief, I'm ok with them posting so. If it turns into a pile-on or they are trolling, then it's a different story.
Last night and today to me it has been a pile on. Many posters just taking tome out to enjoy Accusing Paton of faKing it.

One of those girls is on onlyfans. Would you be proud of your daughter or sister if they were on onlyfans ?

in this economy? hell yes.

also pretty sure my daughter or sister would not give af about what i thought about what they did with their body, or the boomer mentality of blokes who will happily go to the strip club, ask women to send nudes or watch pr0n but shame someone else for making it.

Many would agree that's the best way to do it, but there's always the risk that by shutting down a dissenting opinion, it reinforces it even further. As long as people are genuine in their criticism or disbelief, I'm ok with them posting so. If it turns into a pile-on or they are trolling, then it's a different story.
Myself and other posters have offered a counter debate but they dont engage , they continue with sarcastic posts.
I get no sense that it is a genuine heart felt belief but just about knocking a tall poppy doWn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it really frustrating .
We all know what he did is a crime and just so stupid.

What worries me is young people will read this thread and the day will come when they will need mental health help and will not as they dismiss themselves as just copping out, not taking responsibility, needIng to toughen up.

Quite happy for all to kick Patton for his crime but for him to put his hand up and say I have mental health issues this is not a crime, weakness but is just a fact.
it is just wrong to suggest that he is using this as a ploy to minimise his fault.

The guy needs help, he will lose his job, has been publicly outed as a sexual deviant and will possibly face criminal action.
That would send anyone to a breakdown.

He has been living this life which is based around the lie to himself that it is ok and people actually like him sending dick pics . To anyone it would seem obvious that this is wrong but those caught up in it they justify its to themselves and when it all comes tumbling down it would be extremely confronting and demoralising process to go through.

I think the mods should stop the posters from posting that this all a ploy or not just facing up to his actions. Think about other young people who at some stage will consider seeking psych help, these attitudes are the barriers which stop people form seeking help and instead taking more drastic actions. _Mike_ Wosh ShanDog Gralin Ant_ All very well to have a Beyond Blue thread But preventative action is needed in these threads.
Another earlier post suggested that he is possibly stuck at the emotional intelligence reached when his football talent is initially identified. I would suggest that this is something that should be investigated across the board. As young adolescents males are at least ten years away from cognitive and social maturity. We now have "academies" where 12/13 year old boys are being sold the AFL dream with families paying big dollars for the privilege. Where is the AFL in regulating all of these opportunists? Many years ago at a coaches forum Ray "Slug" Jordan explained to us the attrition numbers of young footballers based on what was then a developing TAC Cup system and it was damning. It's time to raise the draft age to 21 so that these young bloke have a chance to work, study, learn a trade etc and some real life experiences instead of p***** in the pockets of 17 year old boys only to cut them loose at an age where their peers now have a qualification and they have nothing but a handful of games and no other skill set.

Another earlier post suggested that he is possibly stuck at the emotional intelligence reached when his football talent is initially identified. I would suggest that this is something that should be investigated across the board. As young adolescents males are at least ten years away from cognitive and social maturity. We now have "academies" where 12/13 year old boys are being sold the AFL dream with families paying big dollars for the privilege. Where is the AFL in regulating all of these opportunists? Many years ago at a coaches forum Ray "Slug" Jordan explained to us the attrition numbers of young footballers based on what was then a developing TAC Cup system and it was damning. It's time to raise the draft age to 21 so that these young bloke have a chance to work, study, learn a trade etc and some real life experiences instead of p***** in the pockets of 17 year old boys only to cut them loose at an age where their peers now have a qualification and they have nothing but a handful of games and no other skill set.

nah. locking up rowell in the vfl for another 2 years? please

Already done a serious injury. Definite talent but there are plenty of young blokes who have starred as 18/19 year olds and then disappeared. Young bloke are treated as fodder!
No different to any other sport. Most clubs encourage them to complete studies and offer support when they are released. What’s this got to do with Patton being a sex pest though? I’m not seeing the link. All young boys should be educated by school, family, and peers to not be sex pests regardless of their vocation.

Wonder if he has gone to the same hospital as Gary Lyon went to? The old mental health, respect my privacy until it blows over with added bonus at club level that the investigation will take along time. the public are not mugs, just a ploy to not answer questions just like Andrews setting up Grandma Cotes to run the quarantine inquiry.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back