Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

The only issue is the unsolicited pics and alleged video, if they were all consensual who cares if he’s slept with 100 women? Even the one where he texts the girl over the course of 2 years just makes him sound like a desperate 21 yr old (dates back 6 years), nothing illegal there that should be outed and really shouldn’t even be released.

Enough material circulating to embarass him for life but we don’t need his entire chat history.

No different to any other sport. Most clubs encourage them to complete studies and offer support when they are released. What’s this got to do with Patton being a sex pest though? I’m not seeing the link. All young boys should be educated by school, family, and peers to not be sex pests regardless of their vocation.
I'd suggest that the "support" frameworks in Australia are poorly developed or even non existent.

he is faking it. Why wasn’t he in hospital BEFORE this came out??? Why do all these celebs call the mental health issue after the event?. It’s called PR mate, nothing more, nothing less.
Umm because it’s the coming out of all this that has caused this mental health episode. There’s nothing to suggest he’s claiming mental health made him do what he did. The mental health episode is him dealing with the fallout which is major.
What he did is abhorrent and he should have to face the consequences as well.

I'd suggest that the "support" frameworks in Australia are poorly developed or even non existent.
That might be true and I agree that he’s probably emotionally stunted due to his footy upbringing. I just don’t get the link to arbitrarily increasing the draft age for all kids due to one weirdo.

Haven’t read whole thread so not sure if mentioned but just got sent a video of Giants’ tv where Patton and some other clown are talking about his milestone and ice cream cake. Clowns.

Amazing.

Read the rumor about 100 girls when he was around 18 years old, and celebrating it with an ice cream cake - and then someone finds the old interview where he basically confirms the story. Pretty funny - until you put it into context.

The guy is clearly a complete moron, and 'mental health issues' due to your own stupidity and shitful behaviour isn't a get out of jail free card.

Last night and today to me it has been a pile on. Many posters just taking tome out to enjoy Accusing Paton of faKing it.
He's been doing this same s**t for a decade and only now when publicly outed cares about it and feels mental anguish. Come on wake up and smell the roses

Amazing.

Read the rumor about 100 girls when he was around 18 years old, and celebrating it with an ice cream cake - and then someone finds the old interview where he basically confirms the story. Pretty funny - until you put it into context.

The guy is clearly a complete moron, and 'mental health issues' due to your own stupidity and shitful behaviour isn't a get out of jail free card.

Again as long as they were consensual who cares if he had 100 by the age of 18? if that story is true if anything when he was underage he probably slept with woman who were overage, imagine the plot twist if he started naming women who slept with him when he was a minor!

Again as long as they were consensual who cares if he had 100 by the age of 18? if that story is true if anything when he was underage he probably slept with woman who were overage, imagine the plot twist if he started naming women who slept with him when he was a minor!

yes imagine

<crickets>

"Put it into context."

In isolation, it's pretty funny, and the ice cream cake celebration is hilarious - but it doesn't look good in light of his other behavior.

Pure speculation. For all you know maybe his mum is also his sister, and he was badly scared by a gold fish when he was three.
What we DO know however is that he’s a sex pest... maybe not a bad one, but he’s been called on it, has realised this has cut the slender thread his football career was hanging on by. So he’s feeling pretty ****ed up about it... as I’m sure I’d be in his boots... but mental illness please. He screwed up and because of his situation it became more than a couple of mates laughing at him at the pub.
I have no doubt he is suffering... the man-child - from what I know about him through a friend- has two things going for him... the gravy train that being first a number one pick brings, then being an AFL footballer and all the girls that brings. And now it’s all gone. Oh well.
So he is feeling like a dogs breakfast. So would I. But that’s not mental illness. That’s someone that is pulling the covers over their head and hopes it all goes away. I have zero sympathy for someone that wants to be the eternal 16 yo school yard star and runs and hides when he realises real world decisions as an adult have real world consequences

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, there is nothing wrong with admiring a fantastic set of feet. Provided said kink is executed politely with clear boundaries and with delightful engrish to boot (no pun intended). It's important to not let Jon Patton tarnish a good ol kink.

Patton appears to have come to the realisation the only pioneering modern art form that humanity has going for itself is the run-of-the-mill mobile phone genitalia snapshot. He probably picked the wrong year for it? I also think he's played his last game?

I wonder if this could have been dealt with in a private manner?

Girl goes to Hawthorn FC management and makes a confidential complaint about Patton's behavior.

Hawthorn and his family deal with it internally and Patton is stood down for mental health reasons

Patton learns his lesson and gets the help he needs without being publicly shamed.

Sure the young lady had a burning desire to bring the issue to light (and maybe herself) but I reckon it could have been handled very differently.

That said ....... it would mean less gossip for us desperate plebs ....... and we cant have that can we! ;)

No, it's not relevant to the story.

How does the fact that she has a 'Fans Only' account change the facts of the story in any way at all?

It's just a deceptive way of attempting to 'sl*t shame' a victim.

She is quoted saying he asked about her feet, she sells photos of her feet on only fans. It’s not **** shaming. The article is shaming him for asking for something that she’s selling ffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Girl goes to Hawthorn FC management and makes a confidential complaint about Patton's behavior.

Hawthorn and his family deal with it internally and Patton is stood down for mental health reasons

Patton learns his lesson and gets the help he needs without being publicly shamed.

Sure the young lady had a burning desire to bring the issue to light (and maybe herself) but I reckon it could have been handled very differently.

That said ....... it would mean less gossip for us desperate plebs ....... and we cant have that can we! ;)
If someones harrasing me non stop on social media - im sure as hell going to put it up on my story so the person *s off and stops it. Name and shame, you put yourself out there you deal with the consequences. Why is it her responsibility to take it to his place of work?

So someone is harrassing you on social media and you would take it directly to where they work? If they did that then people would have jumped all over them saying they have gone too far and they are literally trying to do it for a cash grab and get some money out of the player or club to keep it hush.

So, I was like Patton from the age of 15-18.

No unsolicited pictures or other material (to be frank it wasn't the done thing on MSN messenger), but I did pursue inappropriate conversations with other teenage girls wherever possible. As I recall, it took me 1-2 times in some instances to get the picture (not interested) before moving on to the next one. Some key memories:

- I didn't consider or think about the impact to the other person. My compulsive self-interests were so strong that I either couldn't or didn't want to reflect upon how such conversations might be received.
- All the kids in high school talked about sex constantly (even though it was a strict catholic school) and I assumed it was normal for teenage boys to act like this, and I also assumed girls were similar.
- I was too uncomfortable to embrace emotional connections with girls, for example I can recall some coming up to me in the mode of 'so you know so and so has a crush', I instead withdrew back into the internet safety net.

All this stopped in my first year of University - I was held to account by some male peers who had some very stern words with me. After that I was forced with no option but to address these horrendous behaviours (after dropping out of Uni for a year and returning later on).

Luckily for me I managed to sort it all out and meet my future wife a couple of years later, but not sure how long it might have taken if I hadn't been shamed in a public group setting like that. The interesting thing is I had no issues following other accepted societal rules, ie school rules, employment rules, general law and order but couldn't seem to get on top of the other behaviour. Also, it genuinely took enormous hard work and perseverance to overcome the negative behaviours and instead focus on forging genuine emotional connections with women. The natural default was actually to engage inappropriately.

This isn't a defence of Patton just providing a related perspective, certainly have nothing to gain by sharing on Bigfooty.

Yeah I reckon I'll delete this by tomorrow.

Pure speculation. For all you know maybe his mum is also his sister, and he was badly scared by a gold fish when he was three.
What we DO know however is that he’s a sex pest... maybe not a bad one, but he’s been called on it, has realised this has cut the slender thread his football career was hanging on by. So he’s feeling pretty f’ed up about it... as I’m sure I’d be in his boots... but mental illness please. He screwed up and because of his situation it became more than a couple of mates laughing at him at the pub.
I have no doubt he is suffering... the man-child - from what I know about him through a friend- has two things going for him... the gravy train that being first a number one pick brings, then being an AFL footballer and all the girls that brings. And now it’s all gone. Oh well.
So he is feeling like a dogs breakfast. So would I. But that’s not mental illness. That’s someone that is pulling the covers over their head and hopes it all goes away. I have zero sympathy for someone that wants to be the eternal 16 yo school yard star and runs and hides when he realises real world decisions as an adult have real world consequences
When your world collapses and you want to hurt yourself that is “mental health”.

Pretty sure it doesn’t receive another definition based on the previous actions of the person.

So, I was like Patton from the age of 15-18.

No unsolicited pictures or other material (to be frank it wasn't the done thing on MSN messenger), but I did pursue inappropriate conversations with other teenage girls wherever possible. As I recall, it took me 1-2 times in some instances to get the picture (not interested) before moving on to the next one. Some key memories:

- I didn't consider or think about the impact to the other person. My compulsive self-interests were so strong that I either couldn't or didn't want to reflect upon how such conversations might be received.
- All the kids in high school talked about sex constantly (even though it was a strict catholic school) and I assumed it was normal for teenage boys to act like this, and I also assumed girls were similar.
- I was too uncomfortable to embrace emotional connections with girls, for example I can recall some coming up to me in the mode of 'so you know so and so has a crush', I instead withdrew back into the internet safety net.

All this stopped in my first year of University - I was held to account by some male peers who had some very stern words with me. After that I was forced with no option but to address these horrendous behaviours (after dropping out of Uni for a year and returning later on).

Luckily for me I managed to sort it all out and meet my future wife a couple of years later, but not sure how long it might have taken if I hadn't been shamed in a public group setting like that. The interesting thing is I had no issues following other accepted societal rules, ie school rules, employment rules, general law and order but couldn't seem to get on top of the other behaviour. Also, it genuinely took enormous hard work and perseverance to overcome the negative behaviours and instead focus on forging genuine emotional connections with women. The natural default was actually to engage inappropriately.

This isn't a defence of Patton just providing a related perspective, certainly have nothing to gain by sharing on Bigfooty.

Yeah I reckon I'll delete this by tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing and good to hear it worked out for you well in the end.

If Patton was 15-18, hell id even give him 18-23 this would be more relatable for him. The problem is hes a few months off turning 28 - it just looks pathetic.

Or just as likely

Hawthorn ignore her

How much of the antipathy toward Patton in this thread is driven, at least in part, by envy?

Most men don't get to the lead the life a pro footballer, we don't get the perks which come with the profile.

For a lot of guys, to see one of the 'lucky' ones fall from grace, they enjoy the spectacle of it.

Sure, they dress it up as moral righteousness and indignation, they might even be able to fool themselves.

But in reality, envy is playing a part in it all.

I hope Patton is able to get the help he needs and sort his s**t out. 27 is not that old in the grand scheme.

How much of the antipathy toward Patton in this thread is driven, at least in part, by envy?

Most men don't get to the lead the life a pro footballer, we don't get the perks which come with the profile.

For a lot of guys, to see one of the 'lucky' ones fall from grace, they enjoy the spectacle of it.

Sure, they dress it up as moral righteousness and indignation, they might even be able to fool themselves.

But in reality, envy is playing a part in it all.

I hope Patton is able to get the help he needs and sort his sh*t out. 27 is not that old in the grand scheme.

I think that is a cop-out to be honest. I think most guys if they were in Patton's shoes of being a good looking well paid AFL footballer would not have done what he did, just like if most people were Ivan Milat they would not have done what he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back