Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

How much of the antipathy toward Patton in this thread is driven, at least in part, by envy?

Most men don't get to the lead the life a pro footballer, we don't get the perks which come with the profile.

For a lot of guys, to see one of the 'lucky' ones fall from grace, they enjoy the spectacle of it.

Sure, they dress it up as moral righteousness and indignation, they might even be able to fool themselves.

But in reality, envy is playing a part in it all.

I hope Patton is able to get the help he needs and sort his sh*t out. 27 is not that old in the grand scheme.

Nobody is jealous of a sex pest mate

I wonder if this could have been dealt with in a private manner?

Girl goes to Hawthorn FC management and makes a confidential complaint about Patton's behavior.

Hawthorn and his family deal with it internally and Patton is stood down for mental health reasons

Patton learns his lesson and gets the help he needs without being publicly shamed.

Sure the young lady had a burning desire to bring the issue to light (and maybe herself) but I reckon it could have been handled very differently.

That said ....... it would mean less gossip for us desperate plebs ....... and we cant have that can we! ;)

I reckon this is how it gets handled 9.9 times out of 10.

I'm definitely jealous of 6'5'' athletes who make half a million a year when it comes to the chick pulling stakes. Some of them are good looking and charming to begin with. Jerks.

Definitely not jealous of the fact that every time I send creepy texts to girls there aren't 30 page threads and news articles about it, and I don't get dragged in front of HR unless it's work related. So swings and roundabouts there.

There would be thousands of group chats with girls roasting Patton-esque behaviour from no names, but everyone loves the scandal when it's a famous person.

Stopped giving players the benefit of the doubt RE: mental health years ago. Public figure gets sprung doing something bad, claims mental health. Haven't seen that 100 times before... Bigger problems in society than 20 somethings who aren't cut out to handle fame and fortune.

If someones harrasing me non stop on social media - im sure as hell going to put it up on my story so the person fu**s off and stops it. Name and shame, you put yourself out there you deal with the consequences. Why is it her responsibility to take it to his place of work?

So someone is harrassing you on social media and you would take it directly to where they work? If they did that then people would have jumped all over them saying they have gone too far and they are literally trying to do it for a cash grab and get some money out of the player or club to keep it hush.

It seems that public shaming is all the rage these days however there is a school of thought that public shaming might do more harm than the sense of justice does us good

Of course what Patton has done is absolutely inexcusable and his behavior should be brought to task but there is case to say his actions could have been reported differently without causing further hurt and embarrasment to all concerned.

Doesn't matter, the mental health wildcard absolves him of any wrong doing.

The majority public consensus would be that no matter his state of mental health (before or after his public outing) what he was doing is socially unacceptable & wrong.

Have you absolved him of any wrong doing?

Is it really non stop harassing when one of the screenshots dates back to 2014-15? If that was the last correspondence its a very long time ago..surely Patton saying "hey" 8 times in a row isnt exposure worthy is it? He would have been 21-22 at the time.

A couple of things that need to be addressed, the facetime stuff for eg is disgusting, but we cant have everyone digging through years old msgs jumping on the bandwagon trying to get a gotch ya moment. Thats not how it needs to play out.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comparing Patton to Ivan Milat.

Lol.

Some people :tearsofjoy:

Yes, that's an outrageous accusation as everyone knows Milat never exposed his genitals to strangers in public or over the Internet - he done so it in the privacy of his own numerous sheds and caves and although he was sentenced to an equivalent of 718 years in jail (for brutally raping, torturing and murdering a bunch of backpackers) he at no time publicly exposed himself..!
Accordingly, if Patton enters an early plea he might get 100 years or so knocked off his sentence...

How much of the antipathy toward Patton in this thread is driven, at least in part, by envy?

Most men don't get to the lead the life a pro footballer, we don't get the perks which come with the profile.

For a lot of guys, to see one of the 'lucky' ones fall from grace, they enjoy the spectacle of it.

Sure, they dress it up as moral righteousness and indignation, they might even be able to fool themselves.

I hope Patton is able to get the help he needs and sort his sh*t out. 27 is not that old in the grand scheme.

Speak for yourself, goose

Speak for yourself, goose
Hope I didn't strike a raw nerve, young fella.

What kind of secure man feels the need to s**t all over a 27yo going through a public tarring and feathering?

There's some pretty sorry sorts in this thread. As per usual.

The same people would be leading the witch hunts if they were born just a few hundred years earlier.

No nous, no independent thought. Just rabble rabble rabble.

It's pathetic.

Yeah, I'm completely envious of a grown man acting like a total sleaze-bag & creep ...............

Take your warped logic elsewhere Mouncey !!

Is it really non stop harassing when one of the screenshots dates back to 2014-15? If that was the last correspondence its a very long time ago..surely Patton saying "hey" 8 times in a row isnt exposure worthy is it? He would have been 21-22 at the time.

A couple of things that need to be addressed, the facetime stuff for eg is disgusting, but we cant have everyone digging through years old msgs jumping on the bandwagon trying to get a gotch ya moment. Thats not how it needs to play out.
Let's just say I can't put the other screenshots up on BigFooty.
He's a dirtbag.

fu** me, I don’t know my TLS login deets.

Username “Kangas4Eva” but password of “diereep” isn’t working :(
My account died a few years ago. Reep never let me make a new one :'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back