Rumour Jon Patton

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It was a punt for Hawthorn, IIRC GWS were paying part of his salary and he didn't cost much in picks. A big mature body to take the big hits while other forwards develop, with a very small chance that he might show some signs of the player who was once a hugely promising KPF.

Didn't work out and appears that Patton has quite a few off field issues. I imagine most Hawks fans would say meh.
Yep, good call. Unfortunately we’ve taken too many ‘punts’ for my liking in recent years. Oh well.

woopy doo

Senior List
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
1612436115879.png

The unfortunate thing is that there’s a number of people who will not be able to decipher that message as anything but completely legit.

Qanon for footy heads.

Kozzie_Magic

Senior List
Nov 7, 2020
Bigfooty t/as Aust Antifa - Endorsed by chief
AFL Club
Melbourne
He cant be too far off retirement anyway. Before he was traded to the hawks he refused to play out the back half of the season for GWS because his reality is games = injuries.
No idea why anyone would recruit a footballer who is either injured and cant play, or wont play in case he gets injured.

Good post and just highlights the character of the player.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
It was a punt for Hawthorn, IIRC GWS were paying part of his salary and he didn't cost much in picks. A big mature body to take the big hits while other forwards develop, with a very small chance that he might show some signs of the player who was once a hugely promising KPF.

Didn't work out and appears that Patton has quite a few off field issues. I imagine most Hawks fans would say meh.
Hawks took his salary... that’s why they got him for nothing.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Hawks took his salary... that’s why they got him for nothing.
Yep, You guys took a little bit of Scullys, Patton was free. Which is why he was delt for nothing and a win/win, Help move money off your books, we get a punt on talent for free, classic "Both teams win" as we have to pay 92% of the player salary.

Real loser here is Patton, Who got a fresh start and seems to have buried it without his injury history being taken into play

magpielicious

All Australian
Apr 29, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
The sad thing about this whole saga is the fact we are in 2021 and still living under victorian values. I remember my first trip to Amsterdam walking along the main shopping st (like swanston st in Melb) and coming across an adult book store. No painted window with a big R for this place. Every dildo known to man and magazines opened at pages to make your straight hair curl were on open display for anyone to see. Families walking past not batting an eyelid, only middle aged tourists from the UK giggling at what they were seeing. So someone saw a dick pick, WOW what a shock. There are so many female trainers these days in the change rooms, seeing more dick you can through a stick at. Seen one, seen them all. Big deal !!

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The sad thing about this whole saga is the fact we are in 2021 and still living under victorian values. I remember my first trip to Amsterdam walking along the main shopping st (like swanston st in Melb) and coming across an adult book store. No painted window with a big R for this place. Every dildo known to man and magazines opened at pages to make your straight hair curl were on open display for anyone to see. Families walking past not batting an eyelid, only middle aged tourists from the UK giggling at what they were seeing. So someone saw a dick pick, WOW what a shock. There are so many female trainers these days in the change rooms, seeing more dick you can through a stick at. Seen one, seen them all. Big deal !!

It is all about consent though. Patton was sending photos of himself without consent. If he had consent then there would be no issue.

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Patton got outed as a sex pest and went to hospital for mental health once some of the girls made it public. No one's living under Victorian values. Thrilling anecdote by the way.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Um yeah OK.

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The ghost of Trump has taken over this thread.

Getting back to topic, anyone know how long this investigation will take? Assuming he's cut does that free up a pre season rookie pick for us?
Free Rookie pick for a Circumcised General ? what ever goes on with the influence of Rabbii Clarko over AFL house ?

Back