Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

The sad thing about this whole saga is the fact we are in 2021 and still living under victorian values. I remember my first trip to Amsterdam walking along the main shopping st (like swanston st in Melb) and coming across an adult book store. No painted window with a big R for this place. Every dildo known to man and magazines opened at pages to make your straight hair curl were on open display for anyone to see. Families walking past not batting an eyelid, only middle aged tourists from the UK giggling at what they were seeing. So someone saw a dick pick, WOW what a shock. There are so many female trainers these days in the change rooms, seeing more dick you can through a stick at. Seen one, seen them all. Big deal !!

Judging by the texts, the biggest issue was he was a campaigner to the girls afterwards.. Didn't take rejection well.

He cant be too far off retirement anyway. Before he was traded to the hawks he refused to play out the back half of the season for GWS because his reality is games = injuries.
No idea why anyone would recruit a footballer who is either injured and cant play, or wont play in case he gets injured.

That’s a US sport move, especially in the NBA. When you know you’re done with a team and about to be traded the player sits out.

Works for team and player, for a team an injury can ruin a trade or trade value. For the player a severe injury can cost a fortune when it comes to their next contract.

Had Patton played, most likely just in NEAFL, and injured himself, which he does quite often, Hawthorn wouldn’t have done the trade, GWS stuck with his crazy contract for no return.

I suspect they are managing the optics because of the mental health thing. As soon as they can quietly do it, they'll cut him loose.
Stage managed by the AFL it seems. I think we’d have made a statement of intent by now, but the “integrity dept” are in control.

Stage managed by the AFL it seems. I think we’d have made a statement of intent by now, but the “integrity dept” are in control.

They have a very careful balancing act between dealing with the situation appropriately and opening a giant can of worms because if AFL players acting like complete dogs becomes too publicly punished then about 1/3 of the AFL player list is about to lose their livelihood.

They have a very careful balancing act between dealing with the situation appropriately and opening a giant can of worms because if AFL players acting like complete dogs becomes too publicly punished then about 1/3 of the AFL player list is about to lose their livelihood.

Odds are he'll "retire due to mental health issues" and get paid out in near full, with the AFL very quietly footing a large portion of the bill.

To ensure everything gets swept under the carpet as quietly as possible. I'm sure Patton has a few stories about other players behaving the same way, and valid or not the mental health card is a powerful one to play.

What does the mental health card do here? He is contracted to 2022, Hawthorn delist him and due to the mental health card they probably have to pay him out.

Why would the AFL pony up to keep Jon Patton of all people quiet? Is he going to do a tell all interview and name the other players?

What does the mental health card do here? He is contracted to 2022, Hawthorn delist him and due to the mental health card they probably have to pay him out.

Why would the AFL pony up to keep Jon Patton of all people quiet? Is he going to do a tell all interview and name the other players?

He's still 27, he potentially would have years of football ahead of him if he ever got his body right, so there's a very good chance he wouldn't want to simply retire and forfeit any future contracts, even if he did have a personally bad reputation. The AFL, and Hawthorn AKA The Family Club, sure as s**t don't want a walking PR disaster like him playing though.

IMO the obvious compromise is that they quietly pay him out his full contract, under the guise of him retiring due to mental health issues, and let him slink off into the night, possibly to pop up in a lower league next year.

The AFL itself probably shouldn't be involved in the pay out, but I trust those pricks as far as I can throw them, and think them taking on some of the financial burden (or taking it out of the cap or some other nonsense) is probably the path of least resistance for all parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still 27, he potentially would have years of football ahead of him if he ever got his body right, so there's a very good chance he wouldn't want to simply retire and forfeit any future contracts, even if he did have a personally bad reputation. The AFL, and Hawthorn AKA The Family Club, sure as sh*t don't want a walking PR disaster like him playing though.

IMO the obvious compromise is that they quietly pay him out his full contract, under the guise of him retiring due to mental health issues, and let him slink off into the night, possibly to pop up in a lower league next year.

The AFL itself probably shouldn't be involved in the pay out, but I trust those pricks as far as I can throw them, and think them taking on some of the financial burden (or taking it out of the cap or some other nonsense) is probably the path of least resistance for all parties.

Hawthorn are probably struggling to pay the cap so not sure they would want it off cap - and the AFL set the precedent with Beams. Anyway I agree he won't play again and I agree the AFL are dodgy AF, I just don't think Patton is significant enough to warrant their intervention in resolving this.

Hawthorn are probably struggling to pay the cap so not sure they would want it off cap - and the AFL set the precedent with Beams. Anyway I agree he won't play again and I agree the AFL are dodgy AF, I just don't think Patton is significant enough to warrant their intervention in resolving this.
Yeah, fair enough point about Hawthorn and their cap. Kind of makes everything else a moot point if them fronting up the money just isn't something they'd even be concerned trying to argue/bargain about.

Very odd that the AFL has acknowledged and accepted his retirement in a public statement.

Likely wanting to wash their hands of the situations so if there are any complaints and the like it isn’t to the AFL as they are trying to make it clear he is no longer an AFL player.

Odds are he'll "retire due to mental health issues" and get paid out in near full, with the AFL very quietly footing a large portion of the bill.

Attachments

• giphy (13).gif
    giphy (13).gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
The sad thing about this whole saga is the fact we are in 2021 and still living under victorian values. I remember my first trip to Amsterdam walking along the main shopping st (like swanston st in Melb) and coming across an adult book store. No painted window with a big R for this place. Every dildo known to man and magazines opened at pages to make your straight hair curl were on open display for anyone to see. Families walking past not batting an eyelid, only middle aged tourists from the UK giggling at what they were seeing. So someone saw a dick pick, WOW what a shock. There are so many female trainers these days in the change rooms, seeing more dick you can through a stick at. Seen one, seen them all. Big deal !!

If you don't understand that it's not the dick pic that's the problem, but it's the non-consensual nature of sending said pic to harass the woman in question - then you are part of the problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back