Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

What did that cost us?

A 4th and a future 4th and money we had plenty of because we have been under the cap for years.

Here is your chance. Rather than cheap pot shots tell us your plan.

The floor is yours. What would you do with a 4th round and a future 4th round pick?

Exactly what we should have done instead of trading for Omera and Wingard... go to the draft...and yes I know what you’re going to say “but fourth round draft picks are a lottery”...

I would say getting injury prone washed up players is much worse..Scully and Patton were both cooked before coming to us...the worst part was the fact they continued to be gifted senior games over our youngsters...

Patton consistently got games last season when he didn’t deserve to play..and we wonder why Mitch Lewis was so poor..yes he was injured in pre-season, but he wasn’t giving a consistent go.

Scully continued to get games the last two seasons when he didn’t deserve too..he was a liability..my favourite from our supporters was the “but he works really hard and opens up space for our midfielders”....he was an absolute potato every time he played...he did not have a single above average game...we also had smith and Henderson and still gave him games.. he was soft and didn’t get the ball despite running more than anyone on the ground...

The development and growth already this season in guys like Morrison, jiath, Moore proves exactly what a waste of time and resource it was bringing in those guys...

Please tell me what draft picks we selected guys like sicily, Hardwick, Worpel (despite being a spud this season, he’s won a B and F), Moore, Lewis, Koschitzke with and tell me paying guys like vickery, Patton and Scully over $500k a season and gifting them games was a smart decision and good list management.

Exactly what we should have done instead of trading for Omera and Wingard... go to the draft...and yes I know what you’re going to say “but fourth round draft picks are a lottery”...

I would say getting injury prone washed up players is much worse..Scully and Patton were both cooked before coming to us...the worst part was the fact they continued to be gifted senior games over our youngsters...

Patton consistently got games last season when he didn’t deserve to play..and we wonder why Mitch Lewis was so poor..yes he was injured in pre-season, but he wasn’t giving a consistent go.

Scully continued to get games the last two seasons when he didn’t deserve too..he was a liability..my favourite from our supporters was the “but he works really hard and opens up space for our midfielders”....he was an absolute potato every time he played...he did not have a single above average game...we also had smith and Henderson and still gave him games.. he was soft and didn’t get the ball despite running more than anyone on the ground...

The development and growth already this season in guys like Morrison, jiath, Moore proves exactly what a waste of time and resource it was bringing in those guys...

Please tell me what draft picks we selected guys like sicily, Hardwick, Worpel (despite being a spud this season, he’s won a B and F), Moore, Lewis, Koschitzke with and tell me paying guys like vickery, Patton and Scully over $500k a season and gifting them games was a smart decision and good list management.

This gets a rare sincere 🍔

For every good 4th round pick there are dozens and dozens who have gone nowhere.

Last year I dont think any clubs even used a 4th round pick.

We took a chance on potential good players.

Scrimshaw was a 4th round pick trade. Please find fault in that one.

For every good 4th round pick there are dozens and dozens who have gone nowhere.

Last year I dont think any clubs even used a 4th round pick.

We took a chance on potential good players.

Scrimshaw was a 4th round pick trade. Please find fault in that one.

Scrimshaw was young and wasn’t getting paid $500+k a season... Scully and Patton were way past their best and both injury prone...

Scrimshaw was also another youngster who was not able to get consistent games over the past few seasons because Clarko kept gifting games to guys like Stratton, puopolo, O’Brien, ceglar and Scully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrimshaw was young and wasn’t getting paid $500+k a season... Scully and Patton were way past their best and both injury prone...

Scrimshaw was also another youngster who was not able to get consistent games over the past few seasons because Clarko kept gifting games to guys like Stratton, puopolo, O’Brien, ceglar and Scully.

You have no idea how much Scully and Patton were getting. Id be amazed if Scully in his last year was on anywhere near that. And in 2019 he had a very good year. Patton too wouldnt have been on massive money.

Scrimshaw has had a few injuries which is why he was in and out. When fit he plays.

I feel sorry for him.

It cant be easy dealing with the humiliation of dealing with your personal issues and weaknesses in the public eye. Hopefully hes ok and can become a better person in the future. Treating women with respect would be a good start.
Not to mention knowing that all the, err, evidence would be reviewed by your employer.

Spent about 2 months in hospital dealing with mental issues which is a pretty long con for someone who people claim is just playing the mental health card, Dude isnt well and probably wouldnt step onto the park ever again. What he did was s**t but overall I hope he gets himself together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back