Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

the carpet is not as silly as we think.. examples are made but it shouldn't be the 'hang 'em ad weep. do we protect the players who don't know
anything different or do we support them when they digress as something 'young men do'...
In my opinion it's not about protecting the players it's about protecting the AFL brand

I watched the Giants every week in 2012-17, so shame to see Patton's injury-riddled career end up in the way it has, and not an ideal way to leave the game. But that is a deservedly sackable caveman offence in 2021. He should know better. Will probably be best remembered onfield for the 2016 PF when he kicked the Giants last goal to level up scores with a few minutes left.

I watched the Giants every week in 2012-17, so shame to see Patton's injury-riddled career end up in the way it has, and not an ideal way to leave the game. But that is a deservedly sackable caveman offence in 2021. He should know better. Will probably be best remembered onfield for the 2016 PF when he kicked the Giants last goal to level up scores with a few minutes left.

Pretty sure he cemented how he will be remembered.

Well, he'd have about a year to get his body (and mind) right if he was to make a comeback.. Good luck to him!

Well, he'd have about a year to get his body (and mind) right if he was to make a comeback.. Good luck to him!

Could they take him in the Mid-season draft?

Could they take him in the Mid-season draft?
Good question & I'm not sure.. Some said in theory Ablett Jr could get picked back up by the Cats mid-season pending an open spot on their list & I heard others say the rule is you have wait a year after retiring. Hopefully someone can post a link to the rule or comments from the AFL

Hazard a guess he'd be eligible mid year '22

Good question & I'm not sure.. Some said in theory Ablett Jr could get picked back up by the Cats mid-season pending an open spot on their list & I heard others say the rule is you have wait a year after retiring. Hopefully someone can post a link to the rule or comments from the AFL

what I heard was - you need to wait a year if you retire, but you can apply for special dispensation from the AFL. If you are delisted, it doesn't apply (if i remember correctly)

So of course, for G Ablett at Geelong, with Hocking making the decision - everything will be above board and fair.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back