Retired Jonathan Brown #3 (1999-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

oh:(...thanks WLF,:thumbsu: but I only have an "old peoples" phone e.g...no apps, android, camera or anything fancy or modern like internet....just big numbers, txts, reminders, news etc:oops:;)

oh:(...thanks WLF,:thumbsu: but I only have an "old peoples" phone e.g...no apps, android, camera or anything fancy or modern like internet....just big numbers, txts, reminders, news etc:oops:;)
Sorry:cry:

No biggy...but thanks heaps for trying to help.:)
You can view direct links to Instagram out of Twitter and Facebook and then jump around between users as ou notice them comment etc. I was doing that with Lions players before I restarted my Instagram account.

:oops: um, I don't have twitter or facebook either :oops:

I can't just google instagram and look at photos like I do with the players tweets??:(

When I was looking for player tweets, I found a general AFL players list that shows all their tweets in succession, from that I took individual ones I wanted to particularly keep, eg Pearce Hanley or Rocky now JB and put them in favorites. Thought I might be able to something similar with Instagram.

Oh well, I'll just look at the tweets and hope for photos occasionally.

The fourth part is amazing. How can you not love him. You can also see why he'd prefer to stay in Queensland.

He'll be a great promoter for the club through his roles in the media. Not to mention his coaching and mentoring of the young key forwards.

For those that haven't seen it, here is the link to the 6-part mini documentary put together by Lions TV (it goes for just over 30 minutes in total).

http://www.lions.com.au/news/brisbane-videos/features/jonathan-brown-documentary

One of the things he said about how many games he missed got me thinking. So I looked up the stats and it turns out Browny played 256 out of a possible 347 games (15 x 22 round seasons and 17 finals). So he missed 91 games in total, mostly due to injury, but early on due to suspension as well (does anyone have the total number he missed due to suspensions?) and in 2000 because it was just his first year.

Here is a list of the number of games he missed in each season:

- 2000 = missed 11 games
- 2001 = didn't miss any
- 2002 = missed 6 games
- 2003 = missed 7 games
- 2004 = missed 8 games
- 2005 = missed 8 games
- 2006 = missed 12 games
- 2007 = didn't miss any
- 2008 = only missed 1 game
- 2009 = didn't miss any
- 2010 = missed 6 games
- 2011 = missed 12 games
- 2012 = only missed 2 games
- 2013 = missed 7 games
- 2014 = missed 11 games

For those that haven't seen it, here is the link to the 6-part mini documentary put together by Lions TV (it goes for just over 30 minutes in total).

http://www.lions.com.au/news/brisbane-videos/features/jonathan-brown-documentary

One of the things he said about how many games he missed got me thinking. So I looked up the stats and it turns out Browny played 256 out of a possible 347 games (15 x 22 round seasons and 17 finals). So he missed 91 games in total, mostly due to injury, but early on due to suspension as well (does anyone have the total number he missed due to suspensions?) and in 2000 because it was just his first year.

Here is a list of the number of games he missed in each season:

- 2000 = missed 11 games
- 2001 = didn't miss any
- 2002 = missed 6 games
- 2003 = missed 7 games
- 2004 = missed 8 games
- 2005 = missed 8 games
- 2006 = missed 12 games
- 2007 = didn't miss any
- 2008 = only missed 1 game
- 2009 = didn't miss any
- 2010 = missed 6 games
- 2011 = missed 12 games
- 2012 = only missed 2 games
- 2013 = missed 7 games
- 2014 = missed 11 games
Damn, knew he missed a fair few but not 91 games. Would have loved to see the big man get 300 this year.

Jonathan Brown has a (not surprising) soft spot: his love for grand final day

Jonathan Brown, triple premiership player with the Brisbane Lions and custodian of the 2014 premiership cup, spoke at the official AFL lunch at the MCG on Saturday.

Of course I was a Lions supporter as a kid ... And the Lions never made it to premierships ... Never! With a heavy heart I'd pick a team to support ... but I want to reassure you all here today I'd never support the Pies! Of course ... I was born a Lions supporter. Sure ... I had a 14-year playing career ... but I'm a supporter first ... and I'm a fan for life! As a Lions fan, I knew of the long, hard and at times traumatic years since the Mighty Roy's last won a flag in 1944.
I knew the burning desire to right this injustice ... as a fan ... long before I was a Lions player. I'd watched the likes of Roos, Osborne and Lynchy battle it out. My dad had told me of the legends like Quinlan, Wilson and bulldog Murray. Players who'd given their all for our club without a sniff of a flag.
When my time came to play for the Lions ... I had no doubt what I wanted ...I wanted a flag! I wanted a flag for me and every other fan who'd sat through long cold winters of honourable losses. I wanted a flag for the fans who'd endured the horrible season of 1964 ... where we couldn't win a game ... and 1996 when we won just one game! I wanted a flag for my dad, my uncle Noel and all the other players who'd toiled for the club over all those years. And in 2001 I got the chance. We'd won 15 in row on the way to make the 2001 GF against the Bombers.

Of course we went on to win by 26 points. And as I looked into the crowd I could see that our loyal fans were crying tears of joy ... I was so happy for them.
I was really pleased for all the former players in the crowd like my dad Brian. I love grand final day. After the lap of honour we went back to the sheds. We went straight to the meeting room and sang the Lions theme song around this magnificent piece of silverware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you mean the article posted before your very post?;)

OMFG, I completely missed that. (I was referring to it being posted on the Fitzroy board and in the Media thread on this board).

Well that was a huge bloody BigFooty clanger by me. I guess it was so good, it deserved to be posted here twice.

OMFG, I completely missed that. (I was referring to it being posted on the Fitzroy board and in the Media thread on this board).

Well that was a huge bloody BigFooty clanger by me. I guess it was so good, it deserved to be posted here twice.

Was that good an article it deserved to be linked multiple times.;)

JONATHAN Brown would swap almost any one of his 594 AFL goals for the simple thrill of owning a greyhound winner.

One of Brown’s cherished childhood memories was at the greyhound track in the Victorian town of Warrnambool.

While other teenagers were at skateboard parks or shopping malls, Brown was leading greyhounds into the boxes for his uncle Kevin Mugavin Jr.

Brown’s lifetime passion for greyhounds will today see him announced as an ambassador for Queensland greyhound racing, another boost for the code which recently had a big prizemoney spike.

Seven, Fox Footy chase Jonathan Brown

Having been a favourite of many on the football field, Brisbane Lions legend Jonathan Brown is now at the centre of a tug of war between the television broadcasters. Brown, who retired during the 2014 season, has been offered a substantial deal by Fox Footy, in which he would become one of the major faces of the network's coverage next season. Channel Seven is also keen on Brown, but the offer is understood to be less generous. If Brown was to join Seven, he would be free to join 3AW's radio coverage. However, if he was to join Fox Footy, it's unlikely he would be allowed to also work on radio.

454852-73ce8b72-5fc0-11e4-a006-9b9b89c8d065.jpg

Giddy up ..

JB has tweeted a photo of himself with Daniel Bradshaw up in Wodonga..

..was good to see them together again.
I decided to have a look MacMum and I ended up having a bit of a browse at Browny's instagram and this photo really stuck out to me. This was taken before the Lions vs. Pies clash at the MCG this year. It is a great photo with an even better caption!

http://instagram.com/p/rwIeP4u2kr/?modal=true

Remove this Banner Ad

Back