Jonathan Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Twitter saying the press conference today with Brown, Leppitsch and Leigh Matthews will announce his retirement.

Complete champion, only forward close to Carey.

But why this week?

was always going to happen this week for the lions next home game. The first 15 min of the first quarter becomes super huge now.

If we want to be a good side, we need to win games like this where the other team has added incentive to win.

Will he play though?

He does have mainly symbolic value these days anyway. I'm more concerned by the impact on the team. They can go alright, especially at home, if their heads are in the right place.

Shouldn't affect favouritism for North, just a potential extra reason for Brisbane to come out fighting.

He does have mainly symbolic value these days anyway. I'm more concerned by the impact on the team. They can go alright, especially at home, if their heads are in the right place.

Shouldn't affect favouritism for North, just a potential extra reason for Brisbane to come out fighting.

Yeah.

They can be far more competitive at home.

Must get on top early.

They are very ordinary side. Who are also coming back from Perth (longest trip in footy) where they played in the wet conditions, and scored 3 goals. If Brown retirement pushes them over the line against us, then we may as well not play again this season.

They are very ordinary side. Who are also coming back from Perth (longest trip in footy) where they played in the wet conditions, and scored 3 goals. If Brown retirement pushes them over the line against us, then we may as well not play again this season.

Absolutely. We should win and win well.

We lose, pack it up.

The Gabba has not been a fortress this year. Great win over Carlton, pushed Essendon and held back Geelong to some degree but also got done by 40+ points to the Tigers and GWS, Sydney by 79. They'll put in a good effort but I expect us to get up and by a fair bit too.

Twitter saying the press conference today with Brown, Leppitsch and Leigh Matthews will announce his retirement.

Complete champion, only forward close to Carey.

But why this week?

Except Tredrea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't have fond memories of him destroying us a number of times there in the mid 00's. Absolute legend of the game, played it like it should be played.

Not going to assume him retiring will have any impact. For every time a team has "got up" for a retiring champion, there's more than enough occasions when the opposite happens too. Stevo and Simmo's last matches come to mind.

After hearing he is not playing this week and his tribute match is against GC in a month I can sleep easier.

Great career. I remember in 2009 he was unstoppable. Loved playing North and we had no answer for him.

An absolute champion of the game who owes it, and his club, nothing. Good decision to retire. His young family should come first.

It should not change this week's result and, if it does, we'll be shown up as a bunch of pretenders who don't deserve to make finals.

Riewoldt and Pavlich are better than him.

Yeah, nah....

An absolute champion of the game who owes it, and his club, nothing. Good decision to retire. His young family should come first.

It should not change this week's result and, if it does, we'll be shown up as a bunch of pretenders who don't deserve to make finals.

Very well said. :thumbsu:

Our Brown is better..

In all seriousness J. Brown was a freak at 19 years of age and then for the next decade dominated the hardest position on the ground.
Absolute star in a star studded team who will be an automatic selection in the HOF.

I feel privelged to have watched Carey and J. Brown at full flight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back