Fremantle
Jonathan Griffin

Rd04Griffin246.jpg

Height:
201cm
Weight: 99kg

Career games: 41
Career goals: 7

Profile - http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-adelaide-crows--jonathon-griffin

Traded for pick 61.

very rarely, only if 211 is injured will he get a game and then that will depend on zac clarke/kepler & michael johnson's form. i'd bet just about anything that at no stage during the h & a will we see sandi & griffin together in the same team.

Goals certainly don't seem to feature much for him, so he may not be much use "resting" forward when Sandi's rucking and vice versa = insurance player for injury.

Goals certainly don't seem to feature much for him, so he may not be much use "resting" forward when Sandi's rucking and vice versa = insurance player for injury.
When he burst onto the scene he was taking marks and that up forward in the NAB Cup. After that Craig rarely put a ruckman forward, no need to when you have Tippet

I think we will be playing two ruckmen more often next year, the toll on Sandi this year was too much, its probably uncertain at this point who will get more game time between Zac and Giffin, probably depends on their pre-seasons and who can settle into a forward position the best.

I think we will be playing two ruckmen more often next year, the toll on Sandi this year was too much, its probably uncertain at this point who will get more game time between Zac and Giffin, probably depends on their pre-seasons and who can settle into a forward position the best.

Ya maybe. In terms of resting Sandi it may be better sending Clarke and Griffen on a couple of the road trips and leaving Sandi at home all tucked up in bed with a glass of warm milk and some Phantom comics.

How is the big man's recovery coming along? Gets forgotten a bit, good player.
I spoke to him on Saturday afternoon (He and de Boer were at the Patterson Stadium open day). We spoke for about 10 minutes. Important stuff coming out of the discussion.
1) He'll be back Playing in 2-3 weeks (at Peel I imagine)
2) He's fit from all the running
3) He's put in a heap of work as part of the rehab and he's itching to get out there (itching is my word not his)

He looked fit and lean and mean close up - should be good to go soon. I for one - can't wait to see him back out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to Peel for the big bloke after a disappointing day at Etihad. Was always going to be the case given Sandi was coming back tonight. It'll take Griff a while to get his form up in the WAFL, let alone get up to the pace of the AFL, same applies for Mora.

In line for a shock recall given RTB's comments with regard Zac Clarke the other day. It would be good for them both to get a full pre season and have Griff as number 2 ruck and spending time up forward and Zac as 3rd choice and using his athleticism around the ground.

Given his pace (or lack thereof) I'd be surprised to see the big bloke come back against Port but stranger things have happened.

You wouldn't think he'd have the tank to run out a full AFL game right now, particularly a high intensity final?

I don't think he'll play, it is probably RTB putting a rocket up ZacC and trying to get a reaction, Griff hasn't played for a fortnight and he struggled against the Aints so I'd be stunned to see him lineup on Saturday, even with the idea of subbing him out it would be too big a risk. I love the bloke but like Morabito it's about 2015 for him.

I don't think he'll play, it is probably RTB putting a rocket up ZacC and trying to get a reaction, Griff hasn't played for a fortnight and he struggled against the Aints so I'd be stunned to see him lineup on Saturday, even with the idea of subbing him out it would be too big a risk. I love the bloke but like Morabito it's about 2015 for him.
True, agreed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back