Recommitted Jonathon Ceglar [signed at Hawthorn for 3 more years]

Linked with Brisbane according to an article on the AFL website this morning. Wants more opportunity and thinks he'll get it at Brisbane under Chris Fagan.

RUCKMAN Jon Ceglar could be the latest Hawk to head north to join former Hawthorn football boss Chris Fagan at Brisbane as he seeks greater opportunity.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Damn. Hoping he would be part of a Patton trade.

He could still be part of the trade and won’t cost the Giants much trade wise and is at the right age. Ironically he played his best game this year last week.

Age - 28
Games - 74
Goals - 40

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
He could still be part of the trade and won’t cost the Giants much trade wise and is at the right age. Ironically he played his best game this year last week.

Age - 28
Games - 74
Goals - 40
Exactly. Wouldn't cost must cash wise either.

His age means we have time to get Flynn and Briggs ready as well.

I just hope it's not Ryder. We suck when we bring in players with injury issues.

Still holding out hope.

Think he is the perfect fit and with Patton wanting to the Hawks a straight swap is right on the money.

I think that’s a fair deal for both parties. Giants get a 28 year old ruck in his prime, Hawks get the key forward they’ve been searching for.

There is a big gap in performance when Ceglar plays as the starting ruck as apposed to being the backup ruck. I think if he ends up at the Giants he will be a good fit.

Back