Recommitted Jonathon Marsh [requested trade to WA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo are not interested in him brad lloyd has said.
On radio Wce may look to rookie him as Collingwood may have to delist him.
There's a chance he may give up on afl and just play wafl.
Because wce may not trade for him.

Freo are not interested in him brad lloyd has said.
On radio Wce may look to rookie him as Collingwood may have to delist him.
There's a chance he may give up on afl and just play wafl.
Because wce may not trade for him.
I don't think Collingwood are likely to delist him if WC and Freo don't want him. Good chance he'll be retained and given indefinite leave like McCarthy was. I'm hoping that he can get his head right and return to the club later on, but it might just be a pipe dream at this point.

So which player at pick 40 in the draft is guaranteed to be better than him?
Give me a name please. And im still waiting for you to name all the champion key defenders in the afl under 21. There arent many. They dont exist.

Here are the pick 40s from the last few drafts:

Tom Curran - North
Brodie Murdoch - Saints
Alex Neal-Bullen - Melbourne
Jay Kennedy-Harris - Melbourne

Not really great odds.
Alir Alir

Kid is ******* quick. Disposal Is a problem though. Has a strange kicking action.

I remember being interested in him in his draft year though

I'm just astounded that we had a non-Collingwood supporter go in to bat for Marshy in this thread. Common theme most of the time is Collingwood fans say what they think he's worth and everyone else screams at us about how we overrate our players.

Cheers sonnywalters
Happy to go into bat for this young bloke as well, as a completely neutral observer.

Think he's a legitimate, solid AFL player who could well have 100-200 games in him.

Seems like a decent lad too, FWIW.

Kid is ******* quick. Disposal Is a problem though. Has a strange kicking action.

I'd put a few pound on him being the quickest in the comp over 100, each way at least, but he's also very quick off the mark, apart from his speed he has a bit about him, IMO he'll develop into a really nice player, just hope the rumours about a mental illness are false, but if there not he'd be worth the punt as a rookie.

I'd put a few pound on him being the quickest in the comp over 100, each way at least, but he's also very quick off the mark, apart from his speed he has a bit about him, IMO he'll develop into a really nice player, just hope the rumours about a mental illness are false, but if there not he'd be worth the punt as a rookie.
He's slowed down a bit since the hamstrings imo, still very fast though. He also seems to have lost his nerve a bit. I wanted to see him taken more risk and run with the ball his season. His defence is pretty good though.

Maybe a direct swap with mitch brown so collingwoods potential compensation for nathan brown doesn't disappear? They get a better pick through compo than they would through trade and the key defenders swap teams.

Maybe a direct swap with mitch brown so collingwoods potential compensation for nathan brown doesn't disappear? They get a better pick through compo than they would through trade and the key defenders swap teams.
huh? they've already brought on 2 free agents so they wont get compo anyway. and Mitch is a free agent so why would they trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't get any compo anyway because we've brought in Wells and Mayne.

Like this idea with Nathan Brown now departing - changes up the ball game completely. Could be a win/win for both sides - Eagles don't need Mitch and the Pies can use the compo pick to replace Marsh.

Edit - nah won't work as I forgot both Wells and Mayne were signed as FA.

Like this idea with Nathan Brown now departing - changes up the ball game completely. Could be a win/win for both sides - Eagles don't need Mitch and the Pies can use the compo pick to replace Marsh.

Edit - nah won't work as I forgot both Wells and Mayne were signed as FA.

Neither did i, 2 and half hours sleep and travelled from perth to melbourne and back 3 times in the last 5 days.

He was predicted to go much sooner than he did, Collingwood were not going to use that pick until they saw he was still there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back