Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Any chance of being picked up this year? Heard he has been playing some very good footy in the midfield for the bottom WAFL side.

Spent all his junior career as a mid but in his final year of U18's was turned into the CHF for WA due to a lack of options. Resulted in him falling down the draft order but now back doing what he does best?

Either of the WA clubs interested. I am assuming he does not want to move interstate although I guess Sydney where is brother is from memory might be an option.

Any chance of being picked up this year? Heard he has been playing some very good footy in the midfield for the bottom WAFL side.

Spent all his junior career as a mid but in his final year of U18's was turned into the CHF for WA due to a lack of options. Resulted in him falling down the draft order but now back doing what he does best?

Either of the WA clubs interested. I am assuming he does not want to move interstate although I guess Sydney where is brother is from memory might be an option.

The big question marks is on his skills. From all reports they have not improved much this year, so he is unlikely to be picked up unless he absolutely dominated a year.

The big question marks is on his skills. From all reports they have not improved much this year, so he is unlikely to be picked up unless he absolutely dominated a year.

I was told he did dominate. Whilst his skills by foot are an issue, he does have extreme leg speed for a guy his size.

Chance to be picked up by one of the WA teams, WCE would need him more but if they pass Freo may take him with a rookie pick

Fairly sure he was dominant in the WAFL as a midfielder this year.

Going by the WAFL site he averaged about 28 disposals and kicked 10 goals in 15 games.

Fairly sure he was dominant in the WAFL as a midfielder this year.

Going by the WAFL site he averaged about 28 disposals and kicked 10 goals in 15 games.

I am not arguing he can get the ball, but his skills are not up to AFL standard in my opinion. He would need to play as an inside mid to have a chance.

I am not arguing he can get the ball, but his skills are not up to AFL standard in my opinion. He would need to play as an inside mid to have a chance.
Fairly sure that's where he was playing. Also, his kicking had improved substantially by the time he left Collingwood. If he's continued to improve that he'd be a valuable asset. He kicked 10.5 this year so at least his goal kicking accuracy seems to be ok.

Was genuinely dominant in anyone's language this year. Imposed himself on games and physically a cut above the WAFL.

Don't see any issue with his kicking, it's not aesthetic or laser-like precision but it gets the job done majority of the time.

Only question is if he is up to living interstate again, which is the only reason he's not currently on a list right now (and his change of heart came too late in the piece for the very active Eagles and Dockers last October).

His brother isn't getting a game, why would we need another

Think it would have to be either the Eagles or Dockers. Would love him to get another go, was really sad to see him leave the Pies. Surely worth a shot with a late pick or as a rookie given the development already invested.

His brother isn't getting a game, why would we need another

They aren't similar players.

Rate Harry though, tough side to break into but is an excellent depth player - the kind you can trust has the discipline and knows the system well.

They aren't similar players.

Rate Harry though, tough side to break into but is an excellent depth player - the kind you can trust has the discipline and knows the system well.
Well they're both very average half backs that aren't up to AFL standards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen our Marsh play and the other was delisted what more info do you need?
Jonathan Marsh was delisted at his own request, not because Collingwood wanted to let him go. Stop being a flog.

How many players could play back at AFL level and rack up the ball in the midfield in the WAFL? Impressive versatility.
I'd take him back in a heartbeat if he was willing. He and McLarty could be our defensive pillars for a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back