Jonathon Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Shhhh. Don't look now - but I think we've been caught. This could blow the lid on the whole trade-draft conspiracy we've been working on for 3 years. Boody Marshy must have let it slip.

The starling has entered the harbour.

Repeat.

The starling has entered the harbor.

Abort Mission.

END

poor form what he did. puts a massive ? mark over his attitude.

he's got some great athletic traits but he is prone to a brain freeze and is 50/50 by foot.

yeah youre right as normal being such a poster of such crediability yourself
see you at the reunion as your the president
20.000 posts of dribel should qualify you, me im just trying to reach your exalted heights , like most i'm failing
EDit glass houses mate go back over your history get off your high horse and try to respect someone else
seems the same old buddies like your stuff, good on you ( maybe you should get your own site ) award yourself a medal or maybe a chest to pin it on
buckley blah blah blah
eddie blah blah blah
m8 you quoted your self saying you knew someone better then you knew them your self... not real smart to go after another post.

Looked very fringe player to me while he was at the Pies, with perhaps a trade value somewhere around 50-100. But Marsh must actually be elite if he is worth risking draft manipulation for. Draft manipulation that also allows him to go to WC as well incidentally, but we are such good buddies with them so that's ok.

All according to the tea leaves of course.

Did not get a Fair Go at Collingwoood I felt. Though could say that a Bit with Bloody Bucks as Coach

He was a 3rd year key defender and regarded as a project player. You're right he was on the fringe at the time (most KPP are at that stage of their careers), but he'd made huge strides in his game up to that point and was rapidly improving his game.

The big question mark on him will be his willingness to play in a position he's told to at AFL level. He had aspirations to play midfield while at Collingwood but was pigeonholed in to a key defensive role, which was perfectly reasonable from a Collingwood perspective given it was an area of need for us and our midfield was stacked, and there have been some reports that was part of the reason he left.

He's proven to be good in the guts at WAFL level, but whether that translates to AFL level is yet to be seen. Still think his best position is behind the ball.

Edit: you're best ignoring darkyprotector, he's one of the village idiots.

Gault was the WAFL's best Ruck. That might say a bit

Did not get a Fair Go at Collingwoood I felt. Though could say that a Bit with Bloody Bucks as Coach
Marsh got plenty of opportunity at Collingwood. Were you expecting a pick 77 KPP to walk in to the team in year 1?
Gault was the WAFL's best Ruck. That might say a bit
It says nothing. He's not AFL standard and 25 hitouts a game in a substandard comp doesn't change that.

Marsh however has proven himself as a competent AFL player. Something Gault never managed.

Always felt Gault was a worthy project. Got plenty of time to show his wares so wasn't as though it were an unfair or unjust delisting, but in most games you could see a couple of things to make you think he was worth the persistence.

Didn't you read the master plan above? Last year would have been too obvious. We are going all nonchalant with this one.
Nah it would have just been seen as ineptness from us since we picked up Mayne in the same year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That he got moved back in the state league game was pretty telling for mine. Defender or bust at AFL level and can't see it being anywhere other than WA.

He was a 3rd year key defender and regarded as a project player. You're right he was on the fringe at the time (most KPP are at that stage of their careers), but he'd made huge strides in his game up to that point and was rapidly improving his game.

The big question mark on him will be his willingness to play in a position he's told to at AFL level. He had aspirations to play midfield while at Collingwood but was pigeonholed in to a key defensive role, which was perfectly reasonable from a Collingwood perspective given it was an area of need for us and our midfield was stacked, and there have been some reports that was part of the reason he left.

He's proven to be good in the guts at WAFL level, but whether that translates to AFL level is yet to be seen. Still think his best position is behind the ball.

Edit: you're best ignoring darkyprotector, he's one of the village idiots.

Didn't he have a 'cry' at Collingwood because they played him as a forward in the VFL? So they eventually moved him to the backline, and admittedly he improved enough to get a shot in the backline.

My view is that the WAFL is his happy place, and he doesn't need the intense pressure of AFL footy.

Didn't he have a 'cry' at Collingwood because they played him as a forward in the VFL? So they eventually moved him to the backline, and admittedly he improved enough to get a shot in the backline.

My view is that the WAFL is his happy place, and he doesn't need the intense pressure of AFL footy.

It's interesting the mental gymnastics in hindsight re "having a cry":

"I actually went to Craig McRae (then Collingwood development coach) and Dale Tapping (VFL coach) and nearly begged them to throw me into another position," Marsh said.

"Initially we had the conversation about grinding it out and I went away and told myself, 'I can get through this'.

"Then I came into the club later in the week and they said, 'Marshy we're going to chuck you down back'. They listened to me and understood my reasons and we've never really looked back."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-30/tough-defender-jonathon-marsh-keen-to-shed-potential-tag

At his age, athletic ability and dominance of performance at WAFL level, would be neglectful of clubs to simply throw him in the too hard basket. Obviously the question mark of living outside of WA remains which would have to be investigated, but for West Coast and Fremantle I think it's fairly clear he would add a lot to the playing list without that being a concern.

He asked to be moved to a different position after a few VFL games at the club because he didn’t (and had never) feel comfortable playing as a forward. He didn’t have a cry, that’s just being disrespectful. They trialed him in the back line, he excelled and the rest is history.

He asked to be moved to a different position after a few VFL games at the club because he didn’t (and had never) feel comfortable playing as a forward. He didn’t have a cry, that’s just being disrespectful. They trialed him in the back line, he excelled and the rest is history.
So if every player begged their club to play them in different positions because they didn't feel 'comfortable' in the role they were recruited for, then they should be accommodated for? Come on. Althletes who choose to be professional athletes need to understand how it works. And di he really excel? Yes he was better, but he only played seniors because we basically had no backmen.

So if every player begged their club to play them in different positions because they didn't feel 'comfortable' in the role they were recruited for, then they should be accommodated for? Come on. Althletes who choose to be professional athletes need to understand how it works. And di he really excel? Yes he was better, but he only played seniors because we basically had no backmen.
Yes, he did. He became our best defender in the VFL very quickly, and broke in to the senior squad on his own merit, no because we had no defenders. You sound like a bitter child trying to demean the guy the way you are.

Yes, he did. He became our best defender in the VFL very quickly, and broke in to the senior squad on his own merit, no because we had no defenders. You sound like a bitter child trying to demean the guy the way you are.
He was average at best for us. It was more 'hope' from the Collingwood faithful that he was anymore than that.

I'm not bitter at all. I hope he does well and gets picked up by a WA team. However, the club in question better not play him in a position he doesn't want to play in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back