Traded Jonathon Patton [traded to Hawthorn for Future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think he works with Hawkins. Could be a Decent replacement long term though.

They are quite similar players. That and Pattons injuries worry me.

Yeah, Hawkins needs an athlete as backup - Rata type

We probably need another experienced kpf while Rata develops but a different type to what Patton is.

if i had faith in our medical team, i wouldnt mind Patton.
One job - sit at FF and be a target.
Joey as CHF
Stringer as the 3rd tall.
Raz, Tippa plus a support cast from Laverde, Langford, Begley and co.

knowing our luck, all would sit out a minimum of 6 games a year.

The quicker the Hawks dodgy salary dealings over the past nine years get uncovered, the better. Amazing that they have gotten away with it for so long.

It's your mob that's doing the player/salary dumps & yet, you want us investigated for it?

Love the fuzzy-logic there.

The quicker the Hawks dodgy salary dealings over the past nine years get uncovered, the better. Amazing that they have gotten away with it for so long.
They've been uncovered multiple times, every time players are spoken too.

Players never took market value. They always valued success over $$$, which is why they kept the side together for so long and why Roughead, Hodge, Gunston, Cyril and others knocked back significantly larger contracts from the Northern clubs and cross-town rivals.

Players never took market value. They always valued success over $$$, which is why they kept the side together for so long and why Roughead, Hodge, Gunston, Cyril and others knocked back significantly larger contracts from the Northern clubs and cross-town rivals.
I think the reality check came when Sam Mitchell, Lewis and Brad Hill all gone in the same year.

I think the reality check came when Sam Mitchell, Lewis and Brad Hill all gone in the same year.
what?

Mitchell was traded out as he was slowing down, similar to Lewis.....while Hill was let go while still under contract to move home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's your mob that's doing the player/salary dumps & yet, you want us investigated for it?

Love the fuzzy-logic there.
When a Hawthorn board member sells a player a home for $620,000 and buys it back ten months later for a prior agreed price of $1,450,000, that's an incredibly dodgy way of enticing a player to stay at a club.

what?

Mitchell was traded out as he was slowing down, similar to Lewis.....while Hill was let go while still under contract to move home.
Slowing down and you don't want to paid their contract out. B hill won't go cheap if not because of salary cap, Fremantle is doing you a favour just like you said hawthorn is doing GWS a favour when it come to salary cap relief. Nobody is doing anybody favour is part of deal both club need to agree to.

Slowing down and you don't want to paid their contract out. B hill won't go cheap if not because of salary cap, Fremantle is doing you a favour just like you said hawthorn is doing GWS a favour when it come to salary cap relief.
What are you even talking about?

I'm talking about hawthorn fan here said they are doing GWS a favour by taking patton cheaply because of GWS salary cap.
So why are you quoting me, when I'm talking about a completely different thing?

When a Hawthorn board member sells a player a home for $620,000 and buys it back ten months later for a prior agreed price of $1,450,000, that's an incredibly dodgy way of enticing a player to stay at a club.

The only thing that's 'dodgy' here, are your unsubstantiated claims....Which actually belong in the rumour section forum of Big Footy.

It's your own mob that's had the substantial advantages over the rest of the competition for years now, & now that's come to an end, you're leaking players like a sieve.

Seems you can't manage a salary-cap without direct AFL intervention.

So, why do you think that GWS players are so very different? Or is it only a Victorian thing? Hawthorn players took unders to stay together to chase success. Geelong players took unders to stay together and chase success.

We know that Greene, Cameron, Tomlinson, Haynes, Kelly etc, etc, etc, have all, at some point (some very recently) have all knocked back bigger offers from elsewhere to stay at the club and keep the playing group together. I mean, Kelly knocked back massive money - twice - to stay. And every one of them, at the time of re-signing has spoken about club culture and the desire to stay together.

But oh, no, it’s only Hawthorn and Geelong and other Melbourne clubs where you’re allowed to accept less than your market value to play for their club.

I’m really curious. Why is it that players in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia are allowed to play for reasons other than money but players in NSW and QLD are only allowed to play for money and must accept the highest offer if it comes from a Vic SA or WA club?

The only thing that's 'dodgy' here, are your unsubstantiated claims....Which actually belong in the rumour section forum of Big Footy.

It's your own mob that's had the substantial advantages over the rest of the competition for years now, & now that's come to an end, you're leaking players like a sieve.

Seems you can't manage a salary-cap without direct AFL intervention.

original-1.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back