Traded Jonathon Patton [traded to Hawthorn for Future 4th]

So if I’m reading these threads right, Hawthorn will get Coniglio, Patton, Bonar and Whitfield next year. That’s an impressive haul.

All without giving up a first round pick, because they’ve traded those away for like 4 straight years and the rule is two years so at some point they have keep one.

Hawthorn can trade out a player(s) for a first round pick in return.

Easy.

Roughies Boys

Cancelled
Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I really can't see anyone you are willing to let go getting a 1st rounder.

Especially the amount the Hawks need for all these supposed definate incoming players.
I don't think we will be trading anyone out for a 1st rounder... players gotta be willing to go, ruins cultures trading players out.

Back on topic, Patto will be salary relief for you guys to sign Cogs & Taranto early

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't think we will be trading anyone out for a 1st rounder... players gotta be willing to go, ruins cultures trading players out.

Back on topic, Patto will salary relief for you guys to sign Cogs & Taranto early
Bulldog will make a play as well after Boyd retirement.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
they'd be abit behind the 8 ball then. Hawks been talking about this since early last year.
Well he is under contract if I am GWS I trade it to who gave a better draft pick or wait a year and get combo pick. Talking is nothing compare to BF talking.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
also MCG is home.

giphy-20.gif

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Look. I'm not a Hawks fan, but surely Hawks needs to go to the draft and pick up kids instead of players who are on there 3rd knee reco? Isn't it time to draft in kids.... Just my idea...

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Look. I'm not a Hawks fan, but surely Hawks needs to go to the draft and pick up kids instead of players who are on there 3rd knee reco? Isn't it time to draft in kids.... Just my idea...
Yeah probably but Patton is a low risk/high reward prospect. He wouldn't cost a lot to trade for and if he can get fit again could be a 30-40 goal a year key forward that can create a target. We are desperate for that. Can go to the draft and still look to bring in solid players that fit a need on the cheap.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Yeah probably but Patton is a low risk/high reward prospect. He wouldn't cost a lot to trade for and if he can get fit again could be a 30-40 goal a year key forward that can create a target. We are desperate for that. Can go to the draft and still look to bring in solid players that fit a need on the cheap.
But surely you could develop a young Key Forward from the draft, without the risk of player who had 3 knee recos.... If you got him for a 4th rounder as you would take his contact on I suppose.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
But surely you could develop a young Key Forward from the draft, without the risk of player who had 3 knee recos.... If you got him for a 4th rounder as you would take his contact on I suppose.
And that key forward from the draft will take time, Patton can be a body whilst he develops. We would not give up much draft currency for him.

Roughies Boys

Cancelled
Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
there's no real good key forward prospects in the draft.

Back