Traded Jonathon Patton [traded to Hawthorn for Future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

You cleared abit, still under salary pressure.
For who? I gave your all their players they offload, you need to give me some name too. Josh Kelly, Cameron, Taranto, Whitfield, Cog, Greene.some of the big name. Other hardly need to paid them more until 2020-2021.

You cleared abit, still under salary pressure.
Only a bit? Really?
Shiel, Setterfield, Scully, Lobb, moved on and Griffin retiring.
That's only a bit?

I have no doubt if we sign all our players we will have a full cap. But there's a reason they were all moved on without much worry (besides the articles from down south).

Cap space aside Mitch Lewis would not be involved in the trade, dude is progressing very well for a young KPF.
Cap space, Bulldog, north or even Geelong can offer that too. You need to offer something more. GWS don't need fourth Rd pick they need players to replace patton if Cameron, himmelberg or finlayson injured.

Last edited:
Only a bit? Really?
That's only a bit?

I have no doubt if we sign all our players we will have a full cap. But there's a reason they were all moved on without much worry (besides the articles from down south).
not sure how you can afford to keep Kelly, Whitfield, Coniglio, Taranto, Davis, Cameron, Haynes, Greene, Tomlinson... they ain't gonna be cheap contracts at all...

Only a bit? Really?
That's only a bit?

Everyone is an expert on GWS' cap position.

Meanwhile Hawthorn add high profile recruits and always have millions spare. Cool.

not sure how you can afford to keep Kelly, Whitfield, Coniglio, Taranto, Davis, Cameron, Haynes, Greene... they ain't gonna be cheap contracts at all...
You guys seem to keep one hell of a squad together for long enough.

Who knows how they are structured.

I've never said we keep them all either.

Though of course Haynes and Greene are already signed for pretty much their careers and Davis wont go anywhere.

Everyone is an expert on GWS' cap position.

Meanwhile Hawthorn add high profile recruits and always have millions spare. Cool.
maybe
You guys seem to keep one hell of a squad together for long enough.

Who knows how they are structured.

I've never said we keep them all either.

Though of course Haynes and Greene are already signed for pretty much their careers and Davis wont go anywhere.
because they took less to keep the side together, but they were alot older than the boys listed above.

Because media says we are due another fire sale.
That and players wouldn't stay with us unless they got overs
not exactly, media is saying you guys need to let a couple big contracts go so then you can fix up the Cameron, Whitfield & Taranto contracts early. if that means Tomlinson & Patton, but you'll play hard ball on Tomlinson as he doesn't have the injury record nor another mil on the books.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you don't have to be jealous.

You don't even need Patton.
There's zero to be jealous about. Hell even your colours make me glad to be Orange. That's before we get to the character of your president and your captain.

Very true. As I've said earlier I think the emergence of HH (And him re-signing) and Toj has meant that he would probably be moved on.

In no way a fan of that as have always thought a lot of Patton, but it's footy.

There's zero to be jealous about. Hell even your colours make me glad to be Orange. That's before we get to the character of your president and your captain.

Very true. As I've said earlier I think the emergence of HH (And him re-signing) and Toj has meant that he would probably be moved on.

In no way a fan of that as have always thought a lot of Patton, but it's footy.
you can become a Hawks fan when he moves over

again Patton gets a say, Geelong doesn't have cap space to take in Patton. Dogs yes, but Patton gets a say...
Yes we absolutely do. I hope we dont go for him though.

Never said that.
In fact, what I will say, is that they'll be pushing him and his salary out the door. We'd be doing them a favour.
Never do favour in BF as you don't know who they're.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back