Traded Jonathon Patton [traded to Hawthorn for Future 4th]

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
exactly that.
I think you will find most if not all people think he is going to leave the club.
Call it a fresh start, or HH has moved past him, either way.

Just the amusement that this is what the 4th Giant "linked" to the Hawks this year?
Careful you will be the new Carton.

Roughies Boys

Cancelled
Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think you will find most if not all people think he is going to leave the club.
Call it a fresh start, or HH has moved past him, either way.

Just the amusement that this is what the 4th Giant "linked" to the Hawks this year?
Careful you will be the new Carton.
It'll be interesting, atleast weren't North Melbourne they're the New York of the AFL, no one wants to go to the Knicks, just like Kelly & Dusty saying no to the Roos.

All links make sense, if Cogs stays, Bonar is a good prospect. Whitfield is just elite. Then Patton we need a key forward & theres not much around really & hopefully he can have a fresh start with us.

So, why do you think that GWS players are so very different?

If GWS players are taking less to stay together the firesale last year doesn't happen.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Except it isn't, and you know it. Players were squeezed out.
Players are still taking unders to stay with us which makes your statement laughable.

They aren't squeezed they are being offered massive amounts and we are picking and choosing who we keep.

I would say most would choose Kelly over Shiel Yeah?

Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Players are still taking unders to stay with us which makes your statement laughable.

They aren't squeezed they are being offered massive amounts and we are picking and choosing who we keep.

I would say most would choose Kelly over Shiel Yeah?
I agree.
There's nobody who has left who is better than the preferred Giants player in his position.
Devon Smith comes close, but I'd still prefer Greene.
Treloar's dynamism seems lacking in the Giants' midfield, but he's not as good as Coniglio, Taranto, Whitfield et al

Players leaving doesn't reflect poorly on the Giants.
They just had so many good players!
And the best have all stayed - so far.

You're living in lala land. Your list was going to be that far over the cap that your club faced being sanctioned by the AFL.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
You're living in lala land. Your list was going to be that far over the cap that your club faced being sanctioned by the AFL.
Only the Hawks get players for unders, of course

So full of yourself it's no wonder your captain and president act like they do.

There are definitely some GWS players who have stayed for unders. I reckon those that have, are probably feeling a bit ripped off though considering the amount of coin GWS has paid overs to other players.

This is all good and fine and GWS have assembled a great side, but if one of the guys who are currently being paid overs (e.g. J Cameron) decides to up and leave anyway as soon as FA eligible, I reckon plenty of the guys who have stayed for unders who have no real desire to live in Sydney will get a bit annoyed as well and start looking at options.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
There are definitely some GWS players who have stayed for unders. I reckon those that have, are probably feeling a bit ripped off though considering the amount of coin GWS has paid overs to other players.

This is all good and fine and GWS have assembled a great side, but if one of the guys who are currently being paid overs (e.g. J Cameron) decides to up and leave anyway as soon as FA eligible, I reckon plenty of the guys who have stayed for unders who have no real desire to live in Sydney will get a bit annoyed as well and start looking at options.
Cameron took unders to stay.
Had much bigger offers from, at least, the Crows.

The guys we paid overs to were at the beginnings of our club to get experience in.

Can't think of any players who we are over paying for at the moment. Lids maybe but he was being paid by Richmond for the 1st year any way.

Some hard discussions were had at the club at the end of last year about "if you want out, leave". Hence a few left.

Only the Hawks get players for unders, of course

So full of yourself it's no wonder your captain and president act like they do.
But that’s not what I’m saying.

This was about Hawthorn supposedly cheating the cap to keep players, when every man and his dog has heard of the offers that Hawks turned down and the sacrifice they made in their contracts in order to stay together.

GWS on the other hand were bursting last year and have more to do this year.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
But that’s not what I’m saying.

This was about Hawthorn supposedly cheating the cap to keep players, when every man and his dog has heard of the offers that Hawks turned down and the sacrifice they made in their contracts in order to stay together.

GWS on the other hand were bursting last year and have more to do this year.

Seems as if you are. Considering What you've been saying.

It is well known we had to shed so we could make fair plays for our out of contract players for this year.

That's why those 4 were let go, we wanted to keep Cogs, Kelly and the rest of this year's pack.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders

Short version of your post.

Players might be unsettled because they might have taken less than market value when the club might have used the same money to pay players above market value- maybe.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Keyword
1) definitely
2)reckon
3) If
4) Reckon
5) Annoyed
6) option.

Apr 26, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
When a Hawthorn board member sells a player a home for $620,000 and buys it back ten months later for a prior agreed price of $1,450,000, that's an incredibly dodgy way of enticing a player to stay at a club.
Wouldn't that be subject to capital gains tax of 50% therefore only netting said player $415K and handing over to the ATO $415K.
It would have to be 12 months minimum as a primary residence.

Seems as if you are. Considering What you've been saying.

It is well known we had to shed so we could make fair plays for our out of contract players for this year.

That's why those 4 were let go, we wanted to keep Cogs, Kelly and the rest of this year's pack.
So 4 players from the 22 were let go........but everyone is taking unders to stay together.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
So 4 players from the 22 were let go........but everyone is taking unders to stay together.
So you confirm your saying players aren't taking unders to stay.

Even though Kelly, Greene and Cameron all are well known to have at the least.

Your arrogance continues to shine.

Back