Traded Jonathon Patton [traded to Hawthorn for Future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

He took less in the salary cap to stay.

He may have a good side sponsorship deal PLUS ambassador deal though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He was already on an ambassador role. The largest of these is a certain player who plays for the Pies.
Cogs has had no increase of that this year (or reportedly going forward).

As for sponsorship? Please the 3rd party deals on offer down south dwarf anything in the frontier states have.

Still looking for this evidence of changing the rules to keep him?

He was already on an ambassador role. The largest of these is a certain player who plays for the Pies.
Cogs has had no increase of that this year (or reportedly going forward).

As for sponsorship? Please the 3rd party deals on offer down south dwarf anything in the frontier states have.

Still looking for this evidence of changing the rules to keep him?
I'm sure Gill and Petroro will be faxing it to randoms as the year goes on.

Plenty of shady deals go on I agree. Doesn't make any of them right. Lets just say Cogs salary in the cap and outside the cap meet each other very closely.

It's great he stayed for the Giants franchise. But let's not bury our heads in the sand about it.

Plenty of shady deals go on I agree. Doesn't make any of them right. Lets just say Cogs salary in the cap and outside the cap meet each other very closely.

It's great he stayed for the Giants franchise. But let's not bury our heads in the sand about it.

So no evidence.

Just the whole "i don't want to be rejected so there must be something dodgy going on."

Hawks fans are fun. 1st Shiel, then Cogs.

Wonder what you will do when Whitfield says nope.

So no evidence.

Just the whole "i don't want to be rejected so there must be something dodgy going on."

We only want your injury-prone ones thanks

O’Rourke, Scully, Patton, even Delidio is at Box Hill now

So no evidence.

No chance Whitfield leaves Giants. He's seen what's on offer first hand if he stays.

Shiel for two firsts. Yuck. If he rejected us, all I can say is sometimes the best deals you do are the ones you don't do.

No point beating our heads against a brick wall. You're clearly looking for a Herald Sun article by Robbo stating the exact details before you'll be convinced. No issues with that. Living in ignorance isn't bad when the chips fall your way, so fair play to you.

Give it a break why don't ya. The bloke decided the stay. Move on. We're all disappointed that he didn't come to us as anyone would be when a star like Coniglio is linked to your club but can we just respect that he wanted to stay at the Giants and move on.

Also when I come to this thread I expect news/opinions about Patton & the trade rather than conspiracy theories about a player not on our list.

No point beating our heads against a brick wall. You're clearly looking for a Herald Sun article by Robbo stating the exact details before you'll be convinced. No issues with that. Living in ignorance isn't bad when the chips fall your way, so fair play to you.

As opposed to your evidence as what exactly?

A tweet? An article? Anything at all other than wah wah wah he did choose us so must be in cahoots with the AFL. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He literally started appearing adverts for a couple of companies soon after
This happened when Nic Nat extended, signed and the next week the hungry jacks ad that had Josh Kennedy and Darling on it suddenly had 1 second of Nic spliced into the end for no reason.

+$50,000 for Nic I think.

But why would a local company commit to a player in their ad before being signed long term. Their brand is being local. It has perfectly reasonable explanations.

Rejected by Cogs.

We walked away from Shiel.

eldorado and Procrastinator35 , please don't dismiss me simply because I support a "Northern team" as I'm asking this question in good faith, but have you got any sources that Hawthorn rejected Shiel? I've searched this morning for about ten minutes but can't find anything reported whatsoever.

Have the media completely missed it and is it one of those things that only those on the inner sanctum know about?

eldorado and Procrastinator35 , please don't dismiss me simply because I support a "Northern team" as I'm asking this question in good faith, but have you got any sources that Hawthorn rejected Shiel? I've searched this morning for about ten minutes but can't find anything reported whatsoever.

Have the media completely missed it and is it one of those things that only those on the inner sanctum know about?
Shiels accepted a better offer from Essendon. Hawks weren't prepared to offer more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back