Unsolved JonBenet Ramsey

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't understand how a mother-father could cover their son's murder of his sister....a son who's weird and freaky, and the daughter much-loved....given that for the rest of your life, for 20 years, day in day out, youd be living with that shame and anger, seeing his face, days when he's happy and loving, would make you sick going along with it, loving back, etc. Would seem to me the parents had disdain for her as well. To disrespect her so much to cover up her murder, the charade with the media/police, etc. She was like a ray of God in this world, and the parents/son couldn't stand her, or were jealous.

I really don't understand how a mother-father could cover their son's murder of his sister....a son who's weird and freaky, and the daughter much-loved....given that for the rest of your life, for 20 years, day in day out, youd be living with that shame and anger, seeing his face, days when he's happy and loving, would make you sick going along with it, loving back, etc. Would seem to me the parents had disdain for her as well. To disrespect her so much to cover up her murder, the charade with the media/police, etc. She was like a ray of God in this world, and the parents/son couldn't stand her, or were jealous.

We were just discussing this issue as we watched the show. Were they thinking 'well, we've already lost one child and we could lose both if we don't cover this up'? You'd have to be in their shoes to understand what they were going through. Hopefully, none of us ever will be!

Fascinating show though - looking forward to watching the finale tomorrow night. I'm going to ignore the previous post until then. Then I'll watch the Burke clip.

They should've Goggleboxed GG.exe while watching this part 1 of the documentary.

Were you providing a running commentary?

Those expert analysts were so interesting and the time (was it 2 hours?) absolutely flew by. The guy from the FBI was able to explain what he saw and heard so clearly. I don't know if they're all talking crap or not but they certainly make it sound credible.

At least the mum got hit by the karma bus only ten years later. The brother comes across very odd and the father like a used car salesman.

The obvious question has to be. With all these experts in one room, why didn't the family members participate. Surely they want answers on who killed this poor little girl, or maybe they have known all along.

Doubt there lives will remain the same for much longer. They will be charged within weeks.

Were you providing a running commentary?

Those expert analysts were so interesting and the time (was it 2 hours?) absolutely flew by. The guy from the FBI was able to explain what he saw and heard so clearly. I don't know if they're all talking crap or not but they certainly make it sound credible.

"This episode of Gogglebox is NC-17 rated, viewer discretion is advised".

Absolute fluff.
This is television and explains how television works.
If your are interested in this case then ignore this rubbish.

So you think the experts appearing on this show would put there professional reputations on the line for tv.

So do you think the ransom note was written by an intruder do you.

So you think the experts appearing on this show would put there professional reputations on the line for tv.

So do you think the ransom note was written by an intruder do you.
Never said anything about the so called experts,I just stated that this show was absolute fluff.
Dont change what other posters have said.
Please tell me you dont believe half the rubbish that was shown last night.
Please tell me you could see through the fluff and make a clear judgement.
Do you understand the word "fluff" in relation to television productions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never said anything about the so called experts,I just stated that this show was absolute fluff.
Dont change what other posters have said.
Please tell me you dont believe half the rubbish that was shown last night.
Please tell me you could see through the fluff and make a clear judgement.
Do you understand the word "fluff" in relation to television productions.

I will answer your questions when you answer mine.

Do you think an intruder wrote the ransom note ???

What was the fluff?
Producers look at the content on a piece of paper and generally say "we need to fill this to make up the 3 hours"
They then look for fluff to fill in the time allotted to the show.
In this 1st episode we got to "see" camermen and equipment in a car park and the EP stating "well your embedded"pppfffttt absolute fluff.Also wasting time on "Fleet" not wanting to speak on camera.
A simple statement would have sufficed,But that wouldnt fill in the time allotted.
The so called FBI expert that was in the house,Re-watch the interview and it sounds like he's actually in the house,Until you read underneath in the timeline that he actually arrived at 1.20 .
They were trying{the production crew}to over view the fact he was citing what happened rather than exhibiting "he was a witness to what had happened"before he had arrived.{the people who were there didnt want to participate in a "show"}.
The interview with the mother and father citing revelance on the ransom note.The mother Patsy would have absolutely zero expertness in handwriting techniques.
The "ex" Scotland yard woman knocking on doors 20 years later and making {maybe} phone calls to neighbours to no avail is just a waste of screen time,or as EP's put more "fluff".
Can pick out more if you want and will re-watch it for more inconsistencies to fit their endgame if you want.
The gardener is just complete "fluff" and truly fills another "hole" for the EP.
The so called "ex" friend filled so more time.
But as with good television still no "real' interviews as yet with people in the house at the time the FBI arrived 1.20 that wanted to participate.Maybe like "Fleet" they had been conned by television before and ended up being called pedophiles,monsters,kidnappers and cover upperers.

Last edited:
There is a lot of FLUFF around here.
Not as much as in the "show'.But i dont know what you are on about with your posts.
So quite happy to leave you here and you can wallow in your own ....

The EP probably explained to the financial backer that filling 6 hours would be tough unless they got interviews with people that 'mattered".And as they couldnt carry the "show" that far without them,that was the reason for the shortening of the "show".

Not as much as in the "show'.But i dont know what you are on about with your posts.

You said if your interested in the case dont watch this rubbish. I am more interested in the good detective stuff and am happy to watch the fluff to see it. The friend that was spoken to highlighted the fact that she was ostracized after speaking to the media and the police. I think a family that had lost a child would be more worried about finding the killer than protecting there own reputation.

The EP probably explained to the financial backer that filling 6 hours would be tough unless they got interviews with people that 'mattered".And as they couldnt carry the "show" that far without them,that was the reason for the shortening of the "show".

Have you ever sat through a criminal investigation? It wouldn't make good tv. It takes hundred or thousands of hours. We know it's a TV show. We know you don't think it's any good. Thanks for your views. I'll be watching tonight, despite your views.

Have you ever sat through a criminal investigation? It wouldn't make good tv. It takes hundred or thousands of hours. We know it's a TV show. We know you don't think it's any good. Thanks for your views. I'll be watching tonight, despite your views.

And he will be watching also, but will sh!tcan it all day tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back