Unsolved JonBenet Ramsey

Lady O

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
No link yet but lve just heard someone connected to a neighbour of the Ramsey family has been put in to the police as responsible. The FBI apparently has taken his DNA.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Did you hear any more about this?

Inside job, amazed if it ever turned out not to be.

In that sense a boring case, but the kidnap note makes it endlessly fascinating. I can read it again and again and try to imagine Patsy concocting it on the fly at 4AM with her daughter dead beside her..drafting it, starting it again..I feel like there needs to be a split personality involved for that all to make sense.

Most interesting crime-related note ever written IMO
1641355681575.png

1641355115394.png

1641355154149.png

1641355446930.png

1641355479753.png

1641355506738.png

1641355546994.png

1641355563488.png

Attachments

• 1641355067248.png
    1641355067248.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 68
The ransom note to me is a slam dunk that, at the very least, the Ramsey's tried to cover something* up.

The body being found in the cellar AFTER the police arrive is also a massively weird thing. If my daughter had gone missing, I would be coming every inch of my house and yard for any trace of her. I cannot fathom a parent not doing the same.

* murder/accidental death/abuse/pedo-ring/etc

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
That's a pretty good analysis of the 'ransom' note. This was no well organised kidnapping, even if it started out as a kidnapping.

The ransom note to me is a slam dunk that, at the very least, the Ramsey's tried to cover something* up.

The body being found in the cellar AFTER the police arrive is also a massively weird thing. If my daughter had gone missing, I would be coming every inch of my house and yard for any trace of her. I cannot fathom a parent not doing the same.

But would you be looking for your daughter in your house (in what's probably a seldom seen part of the 4 story house) if she'd been kidnapped?

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I can maybe contemplate an intruder kidnapping JB, breaking in etc. But can't accept assaulting her in the house, then writing that note knowing everyone else was upstairs. How long did they say it took to re-write the note on The Case of JBR doco? 30-40 mins?

Lady O

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
I can maybe contemplate an intruder kidnapping JB, breaking in etc. But can't accept assaulting her in the house, then writing that note knowing everyone else was upstairs. How long did they say it took to re-write the note on The Case of JBR doco? 30-40 mins?
How about the note was written before they came home? He had all afternoon and evening to look around upstairs to familiarise himself with the layout of the house and plan what he was going to do.

DropBearess

Premium Platinum
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have followed this case from the very beginning and l have a particular interest in the ransom note.
I posted here a few days ago regarding it's importance but l think my post was moved to the MINDSHOCK thread. Not sure how to get it back here.
Essentially it was about handwriting v DNA.
I firmly believe the writer of the ransom note killed JonBenet, simple as that.

I have followed this case from the very beginning and l have a particular interest in the ransom note.
I posted here a few days ago regarding it's importance but l think my post was moved to the MINDSHOCK thread. Not sure how to get it back here.
Essentially it was about handwriting v DNA.
I firmly believe the writer of the ransom note killed JonBenet, simple as that.

Your post is here in this thread:

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Either the ransom note is fake - used to send police in a certain direction

Or it is real and written by a kidnapper. If so it leans more to somebody close to John Ramsay - ie a work colleague/employee or a close friend - there were specifics ie ransom amount which is a big red flag thats its someone close to the Ramsays

The specific amount and the use of John - in either a fake ransom or a real one - indicate to me this close relationship

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
But would you be looking for your daughter in your house (in what's probably a seldom seen part of the 4 story house) if she'd been kidnapped?
Interesting question. I'm not sure but I think I would still look anyway. Either to see if they are still in the house OR if its a hoax and she was still there or tucked away somewhere

DropBearess

Premium Platinum
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
How about the note was written before they came home? He had all afternoon and evening to look around upstairs to familiarise himself with the layout of the house and plan what he was going to do.

But if kidnap and ransom was the game, why didn't he follow through instead of killing her on-site? If he had time to write, he had time to carry her out the same way he got in. It's not as though he was suddenly disturbed. The whole family claimed they were all fast asleep.

Lady O

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
But if kidnap and ransom was the game, why didn't he follow through instead of killing her on-site? If he had time to write, he had time to carry her out the same way he got in. It's not as though he was suddenly disturbed. The whole family claimed they were all fast asleep.

Assuming he intended to take her away. Perhaps he only intended to hide her in the basement until the ransom was paid? I doubt if it mattered to him if she was alive or dead.

Assuming he intended to take her away. Perhaps he only intended to hide her in the basement until the ransom was paid? I doubt if it mattered to him if she was alive or dead.

He was still there when they rang the police, so he killed her and left? They rang the police 5.52am, didn't find the body until 4 hours later at 1.00pm.

Lady O

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
He was still there when they rang the police, so he killed her and left? They rang the police 5.52am, didn't find the body until 4 hours later at 1.00pm.

I think she was probably dead from an hour or so after he hit her with the baseball bat. I'm guessing he was observing the house from a distance and skedaddled when the first cop car arrived.

If I thought she'd been kidnapped, I would be looking for any trace of her, or what happened to her. Entry points. Footprints. etc
I'd also be asking her brother what they saw/heard/knew and I'd be doing all this in an absolutely hyped state.

I struggle to think of a circumstance where I would sit idle and wait for police to rock up and then search my basement once they arrived.

If I thought she'd been kidnapped, I would be looking for any trace of her, or what happened to her. Entry points. Footprints. etc
I'd also be asking her brother what they saw/heard/knew and I'd be doing all this in an absolutely hyped state.

I struggle to think of a circumstance where I would sit idle and wait for police to rock up and then search my basement once they arrived.

Fleet White apparently checked the wine cellar and didn't see her in there, the light switch was in a strange spot so maybe he didn't turn the light on.

Back