Unsolved JonBenet Ramsey

Remove this Banner Ad

How about the note was written before they came home? He had all afternoon and evening to look around upstairs to familiarise himself with the layout of the house and plan what he was going to do.
Yes, I like that

60 Minutes have an update on tv in Australia on this case - It's well worth a watch.

In 2008, two years after John's wife, Patsy, died from ovarian cancer, the Boulder District Attorney announced DNA from an unknown man had been found on clothing JonBenét was wearing when she was murdered.

It did not reveal the perp.

Genealogist CeCe Moore believes her expertise and new DNA technology could help uncover the killer. (60 Minutes)

IMO CeCe needs to be allowed to have a crack at this case !!!

I wonder if the DNA came from the factory worker who packed JB's undies? Surely they would have to have been touched by someone on the production line. The undies came from a brand new, previously unopened pack.

They have unidentified male DNA on a few items, it seems. Sorry I can't seem to sharpen these images up but I'll drop the link in at the bottom.

View attachment 1455551

View attachment 1455552

Something I don't quite understand about the DNA. Why wouldn't the DNA analysis/samples already taken be able to be used to test for "family members" via the genealogy websites? They appear to be saying they need a fresh sample of DNA. Surely all this information is still available from the BODE Testing?

Something I don't quite understand about the DNA. Why wouldn't the DNA analysis/samples already taken be able to be used to test for "family members" via the genealogy websites? They appear to be saying they need a fresh sample of DNA. Surely all this information is still available from the BODE Testing?

It's really confusing but I think Colorado is holding it back for some reason, they might not be ready for it to go in to the general public's genealogy websites.

John Ramsey wants to 'independently' test whatever DNA Colorado has, I'm not sure exactly what that means. Whether he wants to take it to another lab for testing in the hope of developing more in the profile or if he wants to give whatever profiles Colorado has already developed to the genealogists.

John Ramsey, father of murdered 6-year-old girl, JonBenet Ramsey, is seeking help from the state of Colorado in order to independently test DNA from the 1996 case, which has not yet been officially classified as a cold case. And if Colorado stands in the way of such testing, Ramsey is threatening legal action.

In anticipation of the possibility that Colorado may ignore his request, Ramsey is readying a petition for his daughter's case DNA to be released by Colorado and, to-date, he's collected over 16,000 signatures, according to a report by Fox News.

In a statement given to Fox News Digital on Wednesday, Ramsey commented on his plans for legal action should Colorado work against him saying "There was a case in Florida that I read about a couple years ago, and the family did exactly that and were successful. The judge said, 'Okay, you guys aren't calling this a cold case, and it's a cold case. Let's turn over the evidence and move on,' . . . "And that's our next step if we don't see any progress."

With no moves made on the case in 25-years, Ramsey hopes that new developments in investigative genetic genealogy (IGG) research can get him closer to one day finding the person, or persons, responsible for the death of his daughter.

"It's had remarkable success," Ramsey said of IGG research in a quote to Fox News. "That's what they should be doing."

It's really confusing but I think Colorado is holding it back for some reason, they might not be ready for it to go in to the general public's genealogy websites.
From what was said, they made it sound as if there wasn't enough DNA left to share/do more tests, so Boulder Police had refused. I think John Ramsey believes they aren't looking for a match. It doesn't make sense when this Police Dept found the killer of Susannah Chase years afterwards, albeit that was simply from a database, and I'm not sure what input Bounder had in the result or if it was just found accidentally.

I wonder if the DNA came from the factory worker who packed JB's undies? Surely they would have to have been touched by someone on the production line. The undies came from a brand new, previously unopened pack.

That is just what I was thinking when they were talking about the DNA sample on 60 Minutes.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Okay that's quite interesting.

It's saying they never processed samples taken from the ligatures or the paint brush or what was labelled "Wednesday panties." That seems very strange to me. The ligatures and to a lesser extent the paintbrush are the items that can be confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt as being part of the attack. The clothing not so much. Even if any Ramsay family members' DNA was found on the clothing, there are innocent explanations for how it could have got there.

At the very least it would be good to run the "unknown male profile" that was excluded as being John or Burke through databases just to see if you get a hit. Worst case scenario it's another "woman without a face" situation where the DNA is in no way connected to the crime. Best case scenario you get a match that points to someone that could not be connected to the clothing in any way which suggests they have some explaining to do.

Testing the ligatures is a must imo. Any DNA found on those is gonna be very difficult to explain away innocently. It would at least hopefully mean we can confirm or deny any of the theories surrounding the family. Their DNA on the ligatures game over. An unknown profile, especially one matching the existing unknown profile we might not know who it is but there's your killer right there.

The only thing that's throwing me is that it's John Ramsay who's pushing the hardest to get the DNA testing done. That surprised me as I always had him pegged as the guilty party but I'm happy to let science prove me wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay that's quite interesting.

It's saying they never processed samples taken from the ligatures or the paint brush or what was labelled "Wednesday panties." That seems very strange to me. The ligatures and to a lesser extent the paintbrush are the items that can be confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt as being part of the attack. The clothing not so much. Even if any Ramsay family members' DNA was found on the clothing, there are innocent explanations for how it could have got there.

At the very least it would be good to run the "unknown male profile" that was excluded as being John or Burke through databases just to see if you get a hit. Worst case scenario it's another "woman without a face" situation where the DNA is in no way connected to the crime. Best case scenario you get a match that points to someone that could not be connected to the clothing in any way which suggests they have some explaining to do.

Testing the ligatures is a must imo. Any DNA found on those is gonna be very difficult to explain away innocently. It would at least hopefully mean we can confirm or deny any of the theories surrounding the family. Their DNA on the ligatures game over. An unknown profile, especially one matching the existing unknown profile we might not know who it is but there's your killer right there.

The only thing that's throwing me is that it's John Ramsay who's pushing the hardest to get the DNA testing done. That surprised me as I always had him pegged as the guilty party but I'm happy to let science prove me wrong
John did touch the ligature when he found her and before he picked her up, so his DNA would have been on it. Patsy owned the paintbrush so her DNA could have been on it. It's been talked about constantly that the Wednesday panties was where they got the unknown DNA, (ie the panty factory worker for those not favouring an intruder theory) was this just a made up story?

Listening to a podcast of an interview with an investigator who worked on the case. To add to the red herring pineapple debacle and something else I didn't know, was that of the items that were brought in to the house and found on Jon Benet was paracord and the black duct tape.

Paracord back in the 1990's wasn't easily found as a member of the public, common though among the military and of course, where anybody might be jumping out of planes parachuting.

John Ramsey had a plane and was ex air force. IIRC his plane was kept close by, he had it readied to go not long after Jon Benet was found. I don't see that as suspicious, I'd want my family and remaining child well out of the way in another state ASAP but I wonder if his plane was searched, if his staff, cleaners, mechanics etc were ever looked in to.

If they're flying all over in their own plane, how haphazard they appear to be and reckless with their security, they could have left files with a heap of information in them on that plane simply expecting it all to be there the next time they flew.

Correction, he wasn't in the air force which is weird I honestly thought he was. John Bennet Ramsey was in the navy according to Wiki.

Early life[edit]​

Ramsey was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, the son of Mary Jane (née Bennett) (1919–1978) and James Dudley "Jay" Ramsey (1916–1992), a decorated World War II pilot.[1][2] He attended Okemos High School in Michigan.[3] In 1966, he graduated from Michigan State University (MSU) with a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. Ramsey earned a master's degree in business administration from MSU in 1971.[4]

Ramsey joined the Navy in 1966, served as a Civil Engineer Corps officer in the Philippines for three years, and in an Atlanta reserve unit for an additional eight years.[5]

It was paracord 500 or 550, did you use specific paracord in the 90's?
Don't know which type. I was thinking more like climbing rope, but the thin paracord was used a lot to tie things to packs and trailers etc, make clotheslines, support tents and awnings, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back