Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be no more than a slap on the wrist, if that. Let’s not get too precious. It’s still a contact sport and there was nothing particularly malicious in it. And Nick Reiwoldt.....STFU

I reckon there is nothing in it but Michael Christian will grade it as intentional with medium contact to the body = 1 week, Carlton will appeal and get it downgraded.

Seriously minimal force in that, it's something that happens 100s of times a game.

Riewoldt was simply unprepared. Also worth noting Jones doesn't move at all, it's not like he picked him off.

Was he meant to just let him run by?

If Riewoldt saw it coming he wouldn't have even fallen over.

He'll get a week because its round 1 . If it was a prelim , straight through to the keeper. BTW - I wouldn't even look at it, nothing in it

Is this a joke? It shouldn't even get looked at. As a local footballer this is what we get taught to do. On transition defence, put a body on your opponent to stop them streaming towards goal. It wasn't a high bump, just a solid mid range hit.

Jones was literally standing still, Jack needs better awareness in that situation. Football is a 360 degrees game.

How does Jones get off but May gets a week? Jones blindsided Riewoldt but Brisbane player ran front on into a stationary May.
Not saying Jones deserves a penalty just a bit puzzled.

Is this a joke? It shouldn't even get looked at. As a local footballer this is what we get taught to do. On transition defence, put a body on your opponent to stop them streaming towards goal. It wasn't a high bump, just a solid mid range hit.

Jones was literally standing still, Jack needs better awareness in that situation. Football is a 360 degrees game.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. As custodians of our football code, the AFL have dropped the ball on this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

joneses hit was an absolute cheap shot. didnt cause jack any real harm but winded him very badly. thing is, if the afl want to stamp out off the ball cheap shots they have to punish the act not the result. either he should get a week (cause players dont care about a tiny fine) because the afl want to stamp it out, or he should get nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back