Expansion Joondalup Falcons in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would it need to be in Perth or could somewhere like Bunbury have a team. I guess infrastructure would be the issue.
Bunbury would make sense , there are direct interstate flights to and from Busselton airport now (1hr drive from Bunbury) and outside of Perth, the region is the most populated area in WA .... Melbourne is the hub of AFL , WA has two sides, NSW has two sides and Qld has two sides. They all have the population and infrastructure to make that work.
In the interest of being fair and it being a national comp... Darwin should really be the spot for the 20th team not WA or anywhere else.

Uh oh... if life for a footy supporter goes in cycles then I'm not looking forward to another 37 year drought.
Oh well, if life goes smoothly from here - we can always just enjoy our Panthers dynasty instead ;)

Bunbury would make sense , there are direct interstate flights to and from Busselton airport now (1hr drive from Bunbury) and outside of Perth, the region is the most populated area in WA .... Melbourne is the hub of AFL , WA has two sides, NSW has two sides and Qld has two sides. They all have the population and infrastructure to make that work.
In the interest of being fair and it being a national comp... Darwin should really be the spot for the 20th team not WA or anywhere else.
They can but they'll need to upgrade or build a new stadium and $60m start up capital.

I'm all for Darwin getting a team, they have the highest rate of participation per capital for Aussie Rules, but they only have around 10k registered players. Compare that to WA with 100k+.

Only Canberra has less registered players.

I’m sorry you hate free speech

I love free speech. it's the irrelevant, the cryptic nonsense and dumb trolling that gets me.
Professional sports revolves around money and large population centres.
Most capitol cities are large from historic reasons.
I think it's laughable that the NRL has "national" in it's title.
I think it's laughable that the NRL implies a rugby (union) league not a rugby league league.
I think it's laughable that the NRL reserves players are called "league" players.
but that's just me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cubs2Lions how much do you reckon it would cost to buy SAFC?
Elon Musk, is that you behind the computer screen :eekv1:

Really though don’t have much clue on any general estimates, but I reckon the AFL would probably have more issues in trying to buy them off the SANFL itself, then the actually true price it would cost IMO.

Would be a financial and geographical disaster for the SANFL, if South Adelaide was promoted to the AFL though.

It's the irrelevant, the cryptic nonsense and dumb trolling that gets me
but it's the personal attacks that show I've clearly won
because the person hasn't no logical answer.

To be saying I’m being cryptic and trolling is what made you a psycho, the internet broke you

because the person hasn't no logical answer.

Also to think you’ve “won” something here is very odd, there’s nothing to win, makes you being a psycho a true statement

Very very odd

Also to think you’ve “won” something here is very odd, there’s nothing to win, makes you being a psycho a true statement
because that person hasn't no logical answer.

The most realistic option I could see going down with future AFL expansion in 10-15 years is Tasmania & Canberra both getting full standalone licenses at their disposal, while North Melbourne rebrands itself as the “Northern Kangaroos” and splits home games in both Melbourne and Darwin/Alice Springs (7/3/2) split, creating a full national 20 team competition (24 rounds) with every state & territory having representation in the league (Northern Territory part-time).
Makes more sense then playing south in Tasmania.

Northern Kangaroos and introduce the colour ochre in the kangaroo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back