Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no way any child could resist this social pressure from a teacher and classmates.
Why then do only 20-30% of children get the idea and change their ways? Are the rest just a bit thick? Cant get past their parents blinkered views?

JP was never opposed the terms themselves, and is on the record as saying he would gladly use a person's preferred pronoun.
Yeah he's a clever one. Uses words real careful-like. "I never said anything transphobic! I just said things that resonated with transphobes, menanists, neo-nazis and other alt-right w***ers (because it makes me rich, bitch!)".

Classic Peterson- lots and lots of words about nothing.

Don't forget.
Hey, while we're all reminiscing about irrelevant s**t: do you remember that time you came to the Melbourne board like "Oh hey Dees fans! What's going on? How are Melbourne travelling?" literally the same day as you've ripped into Goodwin and the Dees on the mainboard? (Because obviously the fact we're on the bottom of the ladder after a two win season was something that somehow eluded our supporters...)

Anyway, I thought to myself "Jesus Christ, there's some sad, lonely (and attention-seeking) people here... and then there's this guy".

I haven't forgotten. I pitied you. Still do actually. (Edit: Just sayin'. No offence or anything).

Hey, while we're all reminiscing about irrelevant sh*t: do you remember that time you came to the Melbourne board like "Oh hey Dees fans! What's going on? How are Melbourne travelling?" literally the same day as you've ripped into Goodwin and the Dees on the mainboard? (Because obviously the fact we're on the bottom of the ladder after a two win season was something that somehow eluded our supporters...)

Anyway, I thought to myself "Jesus Christ, there's some sad, lonely (and attention-seeking) people here... and then there's this guy".

I haven't forgotten. I pitied you. Still do actually. (Edit: Just sayin'. No offence or anything).
I don't remember but it sounds like you've still got some sand up there about it.

I don't remember
Yeah I asked you about it at the time, you didn't have anything to say then either :tearsofjoy:.

Now just to be very Peterson-like I'm not saying you're a sad and lonely old bastard. I'm just saying that you haven't demonstrated that you're not a sad and lonely old bastard.

Yeah I asked you about it at the time, you didn't have anything to say then either :tearsofjoy:.

Now just to be very Peterson-like I'm not saying you're a sad and lonely old bastard. I'm just saying that you haven't demonstrated that you're not a sad and lonely old bastard.
Good luck with that, Sandy.

What is a "book-reading type genius"?

This whole pronoun thing - do we really need them anyway? Janet was born as Brad but is known as Janet now. Janet is Janet. No need for 'zim' or 'zer' at all.

"Janet, can you..."
Janet, I need you and Sam to..."
Janet was born as Brad. Sam has a gender-neutral name and could be anyone. Janet and Sam contribute to workplace inclusivity. They are not demons, nor is the social order rent asunder with biblical horrors manifesting through flaming pentagrams on the ground at every interval.

This s**t is EASY to figure out, if only some effort was applied.

This sh*t is EASY to figure out, if only some effort was applied.
The biggest issue with anything like this is that it reaches everyone’s ears as soon as it is uttered.

Without the internet, these things had a chance to knock around in the originating groups until the rough edges were knocked off.

Now everyone gets a chance to get upset about the new thing in its raw form before it has stabilised into a sensible and practical practice.

The biggest issue with anything like this is that it reaches everyone’s ears as soon as it is uttered.

Without the internet, these things had a chance to knock around in the originating groups until the rough edges were knocked off.

Now everyone gets a chance to get upset about the new thing in its raw form before it has stabilised into a sensible and practical practice.

Exactly. The internet is a tool of both instant information AND instant outrage. Boon and bane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why then do only 20-30% of children get the idea and change their ways? Are the rest just a bit thick? Cant get past their parents blinkered views?

Where are you getting the 20-30%?

Cool Australia's surveys show that after absorbing its materials, 70 to 80 per cent of kids adopt its positions, change their behaviour towards social and environmental issues, and are ready “to take action”.

Yes my bad wording - points stands.

If there’s “no way any child could resist”, what about the 20-30% that don’t change?

By 'bad wording' you mean you made a false statement and your point doesn't stand.

Any indoctrination system with a rate of 70-80% conversion would be considered a success.

By 'bad wording' you mean you made a false statement and your point doesn't stand.

Any indoctrination system with a rate of 70-80% conversion would be considered a success.
Oh FFS.

“NO WAY that ANY child could resist”.

Obviously a lot do.

My point stands. Yours does not.

Yeah he's a clever one. Uses words real careful-like. "I never said anything transphobic! I just said things that resonated with transphobes, menanists, neo-nazis and other alt-right w***ers (because it makes me rich, b*tch!)".

Classic Peterson- lots and lots of words about nothing.
I'm just asking the question.

Jordan Peterson. Everything i hear him talk i laugh but then feel a little sad because it makes me miss Michael Brooks more.

Peterson isn't the brightest sandwich in the tool shop. Let him publish but make sure his book is properly categorised. Comedy.

Why aren't you using the correct pro-noun?

It is deeply distressing that in 2020 people still look for guidance from new age self-help gurus, let alone one addicted to benzodiazepines like J P Peterson. Surely everyone has a parent, carer, spouse or friend who can tell them changing bedsheets regularly is nice. And for everything else, there's bigfooty. We're here for you.

Nailed it.
Yeah not really.

I don't generally agree with censorship but if a publishing company decides not to publish a book because their employees hate it (and they care about their employees) that's fine. They shouldn't be forced into publishing Peterson's book any more than they should be forced into publishing my book (even though it's total s**t).

Last edited:
This whole pronoun thing - do we really need them anyway? Janet was born as Brad but is known as Janet now. Janet is Janet. No need for 'zim' or 'zer' at all.

"Janet, can you..."
Janet, I need you and Sam to..."
Janet was born as Brad. Sam has a gender-neutral name and could be anyone. Janet and Sam contribute to workplace inclusivity. They are not demons, nor is the social order rent asunder with biblical horrors manifesting through flaming pentagrams on the ground at every interval.

This sh*t is EASY to figure out, if only some effort was applied.

What happens if you don't know Janet by name and accidentally bump into Janet and rightfully apologises with a 'sorry mate'?

Also what happens if Janet accidentally bumps into old mate apologies with a 'sorry zim or zer'?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back