Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Or he is trying his absolute best to be the as truthful and honest as he can be. Weird?
he had choreoraphed the content. His MO was to cry into his webcam and then put it on his youtube channel; for hits; for followers; to pique his revenue stream.

Some of his stuff is valid inandof itself, I would assume most is. But he loses me since I think he is not rigorously authentic.

Claude Balls

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
As JP is hardly the first academic to state what is commonly said about the Nazi s being atheists and pagan - You are either trolling or well over your head in subjects you lack the capacity to understand

The question of whether other academics besides JP have said it, or indeed whether it is commonly said, as you claim, does not determine whether or not it is true.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
he had choreoraphed the content. His MO was to cry into his webcam and then put it on his youtube channel; for hits; for followers; to pique his revenue stream.

Some of his stuff is valid inandof itself, I would assume most is. But he loses me since I think he is not rigorously authentic.
I do t think you are either
And offer as much justification

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The question of whether other academics besides JP have said it, or indeed whether it is commonly said, as you claim, does not determine whether or not it is true.
I Await your casting of runes or will you be burning chicken liver?
I’m not sure what is most fitting in this instance to determine the truth

Claude Balls

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
I Await your casting of runes or will you be burning chicken liver?
I’m not sure what is most fitting in this instance to determine the truth

Didn’t you say that JP is not wrong to say the nazis were an atheistic group, by simply appealing to the fact that he is not alone in saying it?

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If you need an antidote to prevent yourself becoming an incel then you've got some real issues and should seek help anyway.
This post here is screwed up on so many levels.
It reveals an astounding glibness
And as JP is a psychologist your response is entirely logically incoherent.

It’s like you feel making any contra comment off the top of your head is sufficient.

To meet like minded posters Consider joining the Trump is responsible for everything that ever has gone wrong thread.

They are a scream.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Didn’t you say that JP is not wrong to say the nazis were an atheistic group, by simply appealing to the fact that he is not alone in saying it?
If you had paid attention at school you would know that most text books portray the Nazis as atheists who are symapathetic to pagan folk myths.
But aside from any of that - you have entirely failed to connect how this Nazi crap is remotely relevant to JP one way or the other.
And how even if you believe his made category error it undermines in anyway his broader thoughts.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
This post here is screwed up on so many levels.
It reveals an astounding glibness
And as JP is a psychologist your response is entirely logically incoherent.

It’s like you feel making any contra comment off the top of your head is sufficient.

To meet like minded posters Consider joining the Trump is responsible for everything that ever has gone wrong thread.

They are a scream.
Because I think anyone on the pathway to incelhood is probably pretty ****ed in the head? I mean, it's not really that hard to speak to girls normally and not being an awkward campaigner.

I certainly never needed a pop psychologist to teach me that.

Did you?

Claude Balls

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
If you had paid attention at school you would know that most text books portray the Nazis as atheists who are symapathetic to pagan folk myths.
But aside from any of that - you have entirely failed to connect how this Nazi crap is remotely relevant to JP one way or the other.
And how even if you believe his made category error it undermines in anyway his broader thoughts.

I’ve noticed a lot of your posts are beligerent and contain ad hominems. There’s really no need to get so worked up.

I’m not even stating my opinion as to whether the nazis were atheistic or not, nor have a made any judgement of JP.

I’ve simply pointed out that just because many people think something is the case doesn’t automatically make it so. To recap: The other poster said JP was wrong to associate nazism with atheism, and you repudiated this simply by saying it wasn’t just JP. This really isn’t any better than an argument from authority.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’ve noticed a lot of your posts are beligerent and contain ad hominems. There’s really no need to get so worked up.

I’m not even stating my opinion as to whether the nazis were atheistic or not, nor have a made any judgement of JP.

I’ve simply pointed out that just because many people think something is the case doesn’t automatically make it so. To recap: The other poster said JP was wrong to associate nazism with atheism, and you repudiated this simply by saying it wasn’t just JP. This really isn’t any better than an argument from authority.
Again there is not even a connection to JP in any of this
So why Pursue it on this thread?

It’s as relevant as casting runes

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you need an antidote to prevent yourself becoming an incel then you've got some real issues and should seek help anyway.
Depends on your definition of the word. I was meaning guys that simply struggle to get action, of which there are a lot of. Your humble e-brag is duly noted, casanova!

What is that head space like? Sex is a great manipulator, but those who aren't having sex and "hopefully" being true to themselves aren't potentially being manipulated are lesser?

I have an unhealthy relationship with sex and obviously a totally different perspective. I don't see sex with easy women as being any value, it cheapens. So who is driving this??

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
simple smear on JP. He has earnt many enemies, an earnt is rhetoric, he did not earn any enmity here. I just dont presume everything is sourced from any authentic grounding. He does not deserve ones defamation.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

Can you explain what you mean?

Incel stands for Involuntary Celibate. You would think people who have involuntary conditions imposed upon them might not be happy about that. Particularly those that go against our biological imperative such as procreation ie sex.

isn't Peterson talking about 'real issues' that affect young people that they might seek help for?

Back