Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
People are also exaggerating what you have to write in humanities. I did a gender subject and wrote an essay on why I think multiculturalism is doomed to fail and got an A on it. Just because you feel like you need to write something doesn’t mean you do.

Fortune favours the brave.

Seems to me that you had a rare interaction with a proper humanities academic, rather than an activist masquerading as an academic.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Yeah.....err.............Grievance Studies

So the reason why the Spanish Flu Pandemic in the 20s effected some
Groups of people more than others is not worth studying?

Or why West Coast supporters on Big Footy have the highest proportion of RWNJs

So epidemiology should be limited to how things effect “the population”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So the reason why the Spanish Flu Pandemic in the 20s effected some
Groups of people more than others is not worth studying?

It's called viral epidemiology and it is studied by virologists with actual science and medical credentials, not by some arts impostor armed with a ****ing Melways.

Try again.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah.....err.............Grievance Studies
You could justify grievance studies to an extent, if they went about it a logical way.

Just as feminism has become less about equality for women, and more about simply hating men... grievance studies are more about hating the straight white "patriarchy" than they are about equality for minorities.

Instead of trying to drag underprivileged people up, it's about dragging "the enemy" down. This is Marxism in a nutshell... "Ensure that everyone is equally poor and miserable".

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You could justify grievance studies to an extent, if they went about it a logical way.

Just as feminism has become less about equality for women, and more about simply hating men... grievance studies are more about hating the straight white "patriarchy" than they are about equality for minorities.

Instead of trying to drag underprivileged people up, it's about dragging "the enemy" down. This is Marxism in a nutshell... "Ensure that everyone is equally poor and miserable".

Hey, sociology was once an actual solid discipline before it became swamped with utter shite.

Now it's a complete laughing stock.

Contra Mundum

10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
It's called viral epidemiology and it is studied by virologists with actual science and medical credentials, not by some arts impostor armed with a ****ing Melways.

Try again.

Your rhetorical style is very sexy like Jordan himself.

Tell me is a standard a Map of the World an a accurate representation of the thing it represents - if it does not then why not - could it be the social and the geographical inform one another - or is that too post modern for you

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Tell me is a standard a Map of the World an a accurate representation of the thing it represents - if it does not then why not - could it be the social and the geographical inform one another - or is that too post modern for you

Stick to your photocopying duties at Melbourne Uni.

The true depth of your intellect has been exposed.

Contra Mundum

10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

Marx said nothing about patriarchy your thinking of Engels and Kautsky

And that last quote - which book was that from

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers

Depends on when the map was made and the epistemology behind it.

Contra Mundum

10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Stick to your photocopying duties at Melbourne Uni.

The true depth of your intellect has been exposed.

Sick burn - I don’t study social geography. You are very angry today

It’s funny you never say which Uni and what course you studied?

You’d probably lie but your exposure to actual humanities courses (rather Some internet fuelled American fever dream version) seems somewhat limited

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Sick burn - I don’t study social geography. You are very angry today

It’s funny you never say which Uni and what course you studied?

You’d probably lie but your exposure to actual humanities courses (rather the. Some internet fuelled American fever dream version) seems somewhat limited

Faux intellectualism 101: duck & weave then hop from foot to foot every time you get exposed..

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
I had one fringe-dwelling lecturer that stood out in my Bachelor - she was the sterotypical fat middle-aged woman with alternative clothing interesting in the sadistic and morbid (constantly told us how her research was all about suicide) and would talk endlessly about herself if someone were willing to listen. Was overt about her dislike of any conservative. Big fan of feelings.

I wrote my research project on the media narrative of men as victims of domestic assault just to piss her off. To her credit, she marked it genuinely and I can't say I think the topic lowered my grade.

Just as I was starting to like her, I saw something in an email she wrote that was along the lines of apologising for abrupt language but it's not her fault because her father was a senior member of the ADF while she was growing up and it's what she is used to. All I could think was, "Dickhead - I am a senior NCO right now and I'm the nicest bloke ever. Don't blame your s**t campaigner dad on the military and don't blame your social hand-grenade status on your dad".

Was probably fair though.

Cool story.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I had one fringe-dwelling lecturer that stood out in my Bachelor - she was the sterotypical fat middle-aged woman with alternative clothing interesting in the sadistic and morbid (constantly told us how her research was all about suicide) and would talk endlessly about herself if someone were willing to listen. Was overt about her dislike of any conservative. Big fan of feelings.

I wrote my research project on the media narrative of men as victims of domestic assault just to piss her off. To her credit, she marked it genuinely and I can't say I think the topic lowered my grade.

Just as I was starting to like her, I saw something in an email she wrote that was along the lines of apologising for abrupt language but it's not her fault because her father was a senior member of the ADF while she was growing up and it's what she is used to. All I could think was, "Dickhead - I am a senior NCO right now and I'm the nicest bloke ever. Don't blame your s**t campaigner dad on the military and don't blame your social hand-grenade status on your dad".

Cool story.

How do these people get academic careers?

Oh ok.

That is not that common.
It is more common that kids transfer to supposedly more reputable universities (read sandstone), in the same degree. T
That's not to say it's not a thing but most of the high demand degrees offer pathways like 'we'll give you a bonus 5 points on your ATAR if you score band 5's in 2 science subjects'.
My degree is about 25 years old - I don’t know what the kids are up to these days.

Nor can I normalise a database any more :(

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
How do these people get academic careers?
Because in this case, when she wasn't colouring the discussion with her own political perspectives, she actually knew what she was talking about. Which, in that classes context, was the processes involved in researching and writing for different types of analysis.

I think her conduct was unprofessional at times, but ultimately there's some good in having the fringe dwellers around. They are a great yardstick for your own sanity.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Because in this case, when she wasn't colouring the discussion with her own political perspectives, she actually knew what she was talking about. Which, in that classes context, was the processes involved in researching and writing for different types of analysis.

I think her conduct was unprofessional at times, but ultimately there's some good in having the fringe dwellers around. They are a great yardstick for your own sanity.

So basically.......she read some books?

Contra Mundum

10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

Cool story.

I know what you are talking about - but myopic narcissism in academics isn’t limited to SJWs

Back