Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I said you're a Beta sub. Lol.
False. I'm tough m8, I'll cave any campaigner, I don't give a *.
Modern politics and debate. Nothing anymore is about strength of argument or anything evidence based. Just virtue signalling and or motherhood statements. Covid Trump are examples
Here's the mother of all quotes to back up what you are saying!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Modern politics and debate. Nothing anymore is about strength of argument or anything evidence based. Just virtue signalling and or motherhood statements. Covid Trump are examples

............a kindergarten toilet.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
False. I'm tough m8, I'll cave any campaigner, I don't give a fu**.

Here's the mother of all quotes to back up what you are saying!

That is pure 24 carat gold.

She'll end up being president one day.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We should start the game for them and pre-empt the rebuttals.

I'll start.

Benzo addict.

Take your pick.

something, something, Das Kapital.............

something, something, incels.....................

The problem with dreamers is that the truth gets in the way of their plans, but the truth is still the truth.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Cue: postmodernist rebuttals.
Telling the truth is always the best of all outcomes? does he define best? Nope. What do you think he means by best?

if someone wants to kill your sister and they knock on your door with a shotgun and ask if your sister is inside do you lie and say no she is not home or do you tell the truth and say she is? Peterson like Kant says you tell the truth. telling the truth always delivers the best outcome. The person goes ups and shoots your sister in the head and kills her. This is Peterson’s best outcome Out of all possible outcomes.

what is best about this outcome of truth telling? What the f*** does best mean? Basing your ideology around vague feeling terms with no actual meaning is frankly nonsense. Its No different to the identitarian left who use vague feeling terms like toxic to describe whether you should follow an action or not.

this is unscientific. The scientific approach to ideology is that it should be based on consquentalism. Not deontology. How as a scientist could you support a deontological world view like petersons?

cue your standard response of not engaging/deflecting after two posts earlier complaining about how people don’t argue or reason in politics anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Telling the truth is always the best of all outcomes? does he define best? Nope. What do you think he means by best?

if someone wants to kill your sister and they knock on your door with a shotgun and ask if your sister is inside do you lie and say no she is not home or do you tell the truth and say she is? Peterson like Kant says you tell the truth. telling the truth always delivers the best outcome. The person goes ups and shoots your sister in the head and kills her. This is Peterson’s best outcome Out of all possible outcomes.

what is best about this outcome of truth telling? What the f*** does best mean? Basing your ideology around vague feeling terms with no actual meaning is frankly nonsense. Its No different to the identitarian left who use vague feeling terms like toxic to describe whether you should follow an action or not.

this is unscientific. The scientific approach to ideology is that it should be based on consquentalism. Not deontology. How as a scientist could you support a deontological world view like petersons?

cue your standard response of not engaging/deflecting after two posts earlier complaining about how people don’t argue or reason in politics anymore.
A hopeless and pathetic hypothetical. By the time that someone has knocked on your door with a shot gun, asking for your sister and wanting to kill her, an infinite number of actions have already occurred including a pack of lies which have contributed to the situation. It's of course your hypothetical, so how did the brother get himself into those circumstances? who is the person trying to kill his sister and why?

Nevertheless, as the person wanting to kill the sister is most likely enraged and irrational, a decision to not tell him the truth - assuming the brother has an attachment to his sister - is no lie at all. It's equivalent to a lie uttered under torture. The prescription to tell the truth, like any prescription always comes with a set of complex presuppositions. Anyone not aware of those presuppositions is either hopelessly mentally incapacitated or disingenuous.

I don't understand why Peterson claims to be so concerned with the truth when so much of what he says is factually inaccurate.

He doesn't understand Pareto distributions and so he uses his lack of knowledge as an argument against Marxism when the maths he is talking about actually supports state intervention to redistribute wealth.

He completely butchers De Waal's work on primate troops, the basis for this whole Alpha/Beta garbage.

He's contributing to the stupidification of society and stupid people lap it up. Even reasonably intelligent people like Royal Flush are bamboozled by his bullshit.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A hopeless and pathetic hypothetical. By the time that someone has knocked on your door with a shot gun, asking for your sister and wanting to kill her, an infinite number of actions have already occurred including a pack of lies which have contributed to the situation. It's of course your hypothetical, so how did the brother get himself into those circumstances? who is the person trying to kill his sister and why?

Nevertheless, as the person wanting to kill the sister is most likely enraged and irrational, a decision to not tell him the truth - assuming the brother has an attachment to his sister - is no lie at all. It's equivalent to a lie uttered under torture. The prescription to tell the truth, like any prescription always comes with a set of complex presuppositions. Anyone not aware of those presuppositions is either hopelessly mentally incapacitated or disingenuous.
Snake did predict this low level rebuttal

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't understand why Peterson claims to be so concerned with the truth when so much of what he says is factually inaccurate.

He doesn't understand Pareto distributions and so he uses his lack of knowledge as an argument against Marxism when the maths he is talking about actually supports state intervention to redistribute wealth.

He completely butchers De Waal's work on primate troops, the basis for this whole Alpha/Beta garbage.

He's contributing to the stupidification of society and stupid people lap it up. Even reasonably intelligent people like Royal Flush are bamboozled by his bullshit.
80% of this post depicts the emotional maturity of a beta primate

So tell me Melinda. What attracted you to the billionaire Bill Gates?
gold-coinds.jpg

Clearly his sense of adventure and how good he is with his family.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Going by the word from someone in the know, she practically wipes his arse for him.

I'm intrigued. Who is this someone in the know? What does practically wiping someone's arse entail? How did he get to be a billionaire without Melinda wiping his arse?

I'm intrigued. Who is this someone in the know? What does practically wiping someone's arse entail? How did he get to be a billionaire without Melinda wiping his arse?
I don't really want to dob the person in. They worked on Paul Allen's yacht. The ultra-rich are an exceedingly weird mob. Like, confused about how to apply sunscreen level weird.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I don't really want to dob the person in. They worked on Paul Allen's yacht. The ultra-rich are an exceedingly weird mob. Like, confused about how to apply sunscreen level weird.

Sounds like an anecdote from a disgruntled lackey who performed menial duties on a big yacht. If they wank them off as well as applying sunscreen does that entitle them to 50%?

Sounds like an anecdote from a disgruntled lackey who performed menial duties on a big yacht. If they wank them off as well as applying sunscreen does that entitle them to 50%?
I'm sure you know my friend better than I do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back