Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Jesus Christ has this dude jumped the shark or what.

I mean he was never some intellectual maverick like others made out but when he stuck to clinical psychology he had some reasonable things to say.

Now he's like a South Park character, goddamn.
He's actually just pathetic now. What an embarrassment.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I like Big Joel.

I don't agree totally with everything - he is less uptight than me - but I watch his stuff.

About 19:30 in, Joel talks about Slobber, who works menial jobs, is unhappy, has marriage problems. Yes he should do things to make himself happier and make his relationship better.

But Slobber isn't disconnected from society. Are his marriage problems all his own, or is his marriage under pressure from the need to work multiple jobs to eat and pay the rent? Why should Slobber have no right to become an activist and change the way the world works in small ways? JP doesn't think Slobber has enough knowledge or experience to even try.

fu** that. You go, Slobber.

Good video.

Interestingly, Peterson has turned into Malcolm ******* X to become an anti lockdown and mandate activist.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Objectively, he came to public attention when opposing government compelling speech so government over reach on medical freedoms is entirely on brand.
Naturally, he's opposed to governments banning discussions of racism or white privilege in some American schools. Or state violence against minorities. Or Australian border policies.

Right?

Naturally, he's opposed to governments banning discussions of racism or white privilege in some American schools. Or state violence against minorities. Or Australian border policies.

Right?
I'd expect that he is opposed to the government power being brought against freedoms.

I understand that you're compelled to disagree with everything I say but you're digging quite the hole here.

Really? because I have not heard a word from him about those examples.
And I haven't seen an army of people caring about the thousands of elderly people who died of respiratory diseases here before it impacted their lives either.

Sometimes the opinions that get repeated by third parties are the ones that get the traction.

And yes, I'm suggesting that you're a victim of exposure bias, setting aside the arrogance that if you haven't heard something therefore it must not exist.

Perhaps just ask the question?
He has been against tyrannical actions since the start.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good video.

Interestingly, Peterson has turned into Malcolm ******* X to become an anti lockdown and mandate activist.
He actually has become worse. I didn't realise, but catching up with some of his more recent positions and statements... What a dickhead.

As more and more people have seen through him, he seems to be getting more desperate.

Before anyone knew who he was, he was a dickhead. Students used to glue his door shut, because he was just a bigoted prick.

His claim to fame and fortune, was opposing the amendment to the C-16 bill.
Then he was used as the soft spoken, LIBT*RD DESTROYIN', face for the movement against an amendment to the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code (Bill C-16).

He warned us all of the inevitable tyranny that would sweep the Western world, if C-16 passed.
He was a major part in fuelling the hate, fear and resentment held towards the trans community. Causing a rise in anti-LGBTQI+ sentiment across the world.
But it was all worth it, because of the total societal collapse that would definitely, definitely happen... if C-16 was passed...
All the suicides, violence and hate... would be worth it. Because we had to save the world...

Anyway... it passed in 2017.
And all of his fear-mongering about 'compelled speech' etc, was shown to be bullshit.

So he just jumped onto the next thing that could make him money.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I had net really looked much at PragerU until recently and, oh boy, Peterson takes himself down another notch by being associated with that lot.

Seems to be a lot of plain old incorrect stuff on there. Selective, disingenuous, false rubbish all over the site.

Big presentations on historical reasons white men should never pay tax seem to be a big hit over there.
PragerU is a bit of nut jobs for sure.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
No I don't think that is the case.

Just a freedumb fighter.

Oh no... you're in trouble now! You've used a naughty word.
Free speech is only for hate speech. Not actual free speech.

1641735556888.png

1641735646183.png

1641735665919.png

1641735683409.png

1641735697868.png

1641735721549.png

1641735732513.png

1641735769084.png

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Apparently Jordan was denied entry to a steakhouse, so he has founded the Revolutionary Army of Canada. It's a guerilla movement made up of people who have had their racist tweets deleted, young conservative intellectuals denied tenure as professors simply because they are conservative and averaged a D+, men who can't get a girlfriend so resort to *able baked goods and Ben Shapiro.

Back