Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, good try. I know this thread has already descended into a dick measuring contest until this trade goes through on Wednesday arvo but can we at least make it an accurate one?

Our young, high draft picks have been excellent of late. Only need to look at Serong, Brayshaw, Mundy, Young and Chapman in recent years. We've nailed plenty of later picks too.
Did you write “our young high draft picks have been excellent of late” and include the name D.Mundy? He’s fu$#in 40 years old mate. Haha gold.

Not so much targeting a contracted player. More so trying to accommodate a trade for someone who has requested to leave Geelong to be at Freo, we have way more leverage in this situation than you think.
So Jordan wrote his own 4 year contract and sent it to Bell?

I personally think you're getting a bargain

I would say its fair price rather than bargain but i honestly think he will play 200 games for them. Sad to see him go if thats what happens.

Elliot Yeo was traded to West Coast for pick 28

22 is fine for Clark.

You watch them flaff around and come up with some other rubbish like 22, future 3rd for Clark and future 4th.

Personally if Freo think he will play 100+ games/10yrs for us then 19 is fine. Going after contracted players will always cost a bit more, favouring the team holding the player. Uncontracted not so much. If Freo really think 19 is too much then walk away and come back when the situation is more favourable, I.e. uncontracted. Unless he becomes a superstar in that time a mid 20's pick will get the player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sort of sadness happens if you pick up top talent and don’t use or develop it.

To be fair i think this is true of all teams to some degree.

Noted, we shall from now take our player development lessons from Fremantle.

Freo have developed young players and draftees a lot better than Geelong over the past 5 years or so, not sure what point you are making with that comment.

Have they had a lot more to work with perhaps?

True, but geez your first round track record in the last several seasons has not been great, although granted you were dealt a bad hand with Cockatoo and all his injury problems

True, but geez your first round track record in the last several seasons has not been great, although granted you were dealt a bad hand with Cockatoo and all his injury problems
So we're zero from 1 on top ten selections that we've had since John Howard was PM then. What a calamity. Meanwhile freo had as many top 10 selections in 2019 as we've had in total since the invasion of Afghanistan

Brisbane offering 3 picks after 50 for Fort.
Pass them on with Clark for 8 ;)

Dont see that happening but we dont have the list spots to use those picks so they will be going in another trade one might be for ceglar and the others i have a feeling we will package lower picks to get 23 from the dogs.

Back