Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, lighten up. It's just a bit of banter. You're not taking it seriously are you?

By the way, how many Best 22 under 22 has Geelong had in the last three years?

Nah you're just throwing sh*t at us, so I'm throwing it right back, lol.

Probably two or three from memory. The real question is, how many Top 10 draft picks have we had in the last 15 years...the answer is 1...and he was injured for basically his entire time at Geelong

This is a weird example

Valente was injured for his first 2 years, Sturt has been perma injured too and Henry played basically every game this year

Serong, Young have played every game when available, Walker played every game after breaking into the side

Those are just from the past 2 years

Clark has been injured for about a third of his career to date too (much like Caldwell was), so that's kinda my point.

I doubt you'd accept any less than what you paid for Sturt, given he looks like a gun of the future. Same goes for Clark who was taken 2 picks earlier, yet has had to compete for spots in a much more competitive side. Both are contracted to 2022, both will be Best 22 in coming years.

Interesting situation. Contract is signed so it is in Geelong's rights to like the trade before they sign anything. However, forcing a guy to stay that really doesn't want to be there... What if he just plays VFL or no footy at all next year and then has the PSD as an option to leave ?

Nah you're just throwing sh*t at us, so I'm throwing it right back, lol.

Probably two or three from memory. The real question is, how many Top 10 draft picks have we had in the last 15 years...the answer is 1...and he was injured for basically his entire time at Geelong

Nice try. I was told at least a couple of times in this thread to lighten up.

Pretty sure by you as well. I'm not saying anything outlandish either.

Whats the matter now?

Nice try. I was told at least a couple of times in this thread to lighten up.

Pretty sure by you as well. I'm not saying anything outlandish either.

Whats the matter now?

Nope not me. I'd never use the phrase 'lighten up' as I've been pretty clear that this whole saga has been a sh*tshow pantomime choreographed by Sam Edmund.

My most common post today is - 'x hours til this crap ends'

The deals clearly been agreed to. It will quite obviously be announced between 7 and 7.30 for maximum ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah I'm almost certain that by this late stage, it's all just artificial drama and posturing for the ratings.

It's the AFL equivalent of manufactured reality show feuds to suck us all in to watch the 'controversy'.

Clark has been injured for about a third of his career to date too (much like Caldwell was), so that's kinda my point.

I doubt you'd accept any less than what you paid for Sturt, given he looks like a gun of the future. Same goes for Clark who was taken 2 picks earlier, yet has had to compete for spots in a much more competitive side. Both are contracted to 2022, both will be Best 22 in coming years.
We wouldn't have a choice on Sturt

Just like how Cerra has walked out on gross unders

Both Wells and Bell going to be on Trade Radio at some point before trade deadline. We should have a good indication if this deal will be getting done soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They sure have been, which is why they run out of puff when September comes around.

Must have missed you guys in the finals this year, with such a strong opinion like that. Or would you like to refer back to your beltings of a combined 180+ points at KP this year against both us and Sydney?

We might run out of puff, but at least our senior citizens can leave our home state without having a nervous breakdown

Interesting situation. Contract is signed so it is in Geelong's rights to like the trade before they sign anything. However, forcing a guy to stay that really doesn't want to be there... What if he just plays VFL or no footy at all next year and then has the PSD as an option to leave ?

thats basically what happened with Cam Mccarthy, we ended up paying pick 51 i think, when we had previously offered 2 first round picks!

depending on how this ends up, if youre a young guy at geelong who's looking for opportunity youd be having second, third and fourth thoughts about staying at geelong on the promise of future gametime. if they hold onto him because they didnt get a kings ransom, youd have serious doubts over whether they would actually give you an opportunity and whether they'd deal fairly if you still couldnt get a game and had offers elsewhere.

Nope not me. I'd never use the phrase 'lighten up' as I've been pretty clear that this whole saga has been a sh*tshow pantomime choreographed by Sam Edmund.

My most common post today is - 'x hours til this crap ends'

Fair enough. I think it will get done for 22 + F3. More than Freo fans would be happy with but I think we pay that and move on with 3 picks in the top 19.

PSD won't be an option as neither WA club will finish next year low enough for it to be a factor. He may play VFL or no footy next year in which case his value would be bugger all next year. But he might play 20 odd games and do well at Geelong next year, if he stays he is likely to play quite a few games. Or maybe this gets done and he plays for Freo.

I just find it ironic that a fan of a club who have never achieved anything are potting a team and telling us to enjoy being sh*t in years to come.

Rather intriguing point of view
What are you talking about? We've won more finals at your home ground than you have.

Literally everything reported on about the Clark trade this trade period, has been from Edmund. Not one other reporter has reported anything. Don't any of you find that strange that only Edmund is getting info, and guys closer to Geelong aren't?

He's literally created the entire narrative:

- First, Geelong asking for Pick 8, which was refuted by Wells when he advised that there obviously were picks going back - i.e. Future 1st, Pick 30 etc.

- Second, he then reports that Geelong accepted Pick 22, then reneged and asked for Pick 19. All other reports state that they wanted Pick 19 or 22 and a Future 3rd - there is never any indication that they would accept Pick 22 alone, from either club, or any other media reporting outlet.

Lastly - Edmund reports today that Clark hung up on Wells and that the convo was heated. Clark refuted those aspects via direct message which is screenshotted and posted on Twitter.

Ask yourselves, why is it that only one journo is 'breaking' all this news, but other muckrakers who can't wait to break stories like Ralph and Browne, have nothing. Why hasn't Lachie Young for the Geelong Addy, Mitch Cleary - our resident Geelong insider, or Kingy - connected to the club - come out with any of this?

It's all very convenient, and it's all hearsay. The only thing we have to go off is Edmund's narrative itself - which has been shown to be false time and time again.

I have no doubt that parts of these stories are true, I do however think that the embellishment that causes drama and conflict, that hasn't been verified by any party, is where he is absolutely full of sh*t.
Yep just one guy with zero credibility, trying to stir up controversy for his employer since next to nothing has actually happened this trade period...
This deal will miraculously go through at like 6:30 tonight and both sides will probably say that negotiations were carried out respectfully.

Must have missed you guys in the finals this year, with such a strong opinion like that. Or would you like to refer back to your beltings of a combined 180+ points at KP this year against both us and Sydney?

We might run out of puff, but at least our senior citizens can leave our home state without having a nervous breakdown
You're proud of your team's abysmal finals record since 2011 then? We've made twice as many GF's and won a flag since then.

Much more concerning given the clubs you're competing with at the pointy end all have an abundance of highly talented youth yet the continuously failed method of topping up with 30y.o. players looks to continue at Geelong and with Scott's extension, doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

Whilst Wells is also lauded by Geelong fans for his 'shrewd' trading and talent identification later in the draft, his record with first round picks is actually quite alarming. Not sure a higher pick is going to help much...

Back