Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's definitely a fair bit of evidence to suggest though that this was agreed upon days ago, as insiders at the time both said it was 22 and Future 3rd, and not 19. That's exactly what it ended up being, given the 4th we gave back was for show - as it won't get used given it will be likely more than Pick 60 (as it's our Future 4th not Hawthorn's).

That's interesting, because the column in the West about the trade said Freo and people close to Clark were given indications by Geelong that 22 would get the deal done.

That's interesting, because the column in the West about the trade said Freo and people close to Clark were given indications by Geelong that 22 would get the deal done.

Pretty sure that column in the West came from info provided by Edmund IMO.

Who knows though, as it doesn't matter. What does matter is that Wells has flat out said Edmund is full of s**t, and my rant on trade radio today has been vindicated!

F*CK YOU SAM EDMUND!

Darcy is 23, Brayshaw will be 22 in 3 or 4 weeks and maybe Serong who will be 21 when the next season starts, that's about it, you had one other that you've just traded to Carlton.

The cupboard isn't exactly bursting at the seams down Freo way.
jeez, you assume Ross Lyon is still coaching freo dont you? lol

Yep and you got a skinny-fat shard head who was useless.

Cam McCarthy played some good games for freo from 2017 to 2019. I partially Blame ross lyon for not playing him as a 2nd or 3rd tall.

But that Acutal Cam McCarthy trade.....

Pick 3 for Cam McCarthy, Pick 8 (Griffen Logue) Pick 32 (Sean Darcy) and pick 72 (Luke Ryan) turned out well for freo.

Hey raffrox ,instead of taking cheap shots at our players, laughing at posts and being a little smartass, how about you tell me how many games combined Luke Valente, Liam Henry and Sam Sturt have played?

I'll give you a hint, it's still less than Clark.

Going on about us 'playing the kids', while draftees from your past 3 drafts languish behind others like Conca and Acres...it's a little hypocritical. At least we have the excuse of being a Top 4 side that's rebuilding. What's your excuse for those players?

P.S. can't use injury or bad form at lower levels as an excuse, because we're not allowed to do that for Clark
They were all injured.

Seriously mate you are clueless.

depending on how this ends up, if youre a young guy at geelong who's looking for opportunity youd be having second, third and fourth thoughts about staying at geelong on the promise of future gametime. if they hold onto him because they didnt get a kings ransom, youd have serious doubts over whether they would actually give you an opportunity and whether they'd deal fairly if you still couldnt get a game and had offers elsewhere.
If was a Geelong draftee I wouldn’t extend my contract until mid way through my second year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a story a little while back, Scarlo sent Ballas a signed jumper for a fundraiser or milestone game or something and had words to the effect of, 'I would have loved to play with you.'

Yes but he also attached this photo to the comment....

download.jpeg-5.jpg

Smart trading by Freo, Clark will be a very good player once he gets to play seniors every week!

Absolutely spot on.

Was a very decent trade period for Freo last year, got Amiss with the Cerra pick from Carlton and Will Brodie was probably the best moneyball trade of the season.

Clark really has been great value for Freo.

It was the best of the times

Clark's been good for Freo this year. I wouldn't say he has set the house on fire but with consistent game time he is coming along. What say you Snuffle?
I dont want to rub it in your face but he's been sensational. My purple goggles have him having as good a year as Saad who just got AA (I dont think Saad should have been AA personally but just saying how good Clark has been). I thought we overpaid given he couldnt get a game for you lot but he's well and truly outperformed his draft cost price tag so far

I dont want to rub it in your face but he's been sensational. My purple goggles have him having as good a year as Saad who just got AA (I dont think Saad should have been AA personally but just saying how good Clark has been). I thought we overpaid given he couldnt get a game for you lot but he's well and truly outperformed his draft cost price tag so far
Hardly a face rub when it is win-win.
He'd have struggled for games this year, a recruitment error in reality. And we get our project ruck from the pick.

Back