Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont want to rub it in your face but he's been sensational. My purple goggles have him having as good a year as Saad who just got AA (I dont think Saad should have been AA personally but just saying how good Clark has been). I thought we overpaid given he couldnt get a game for you lot but he's well and truly outperformed his draft cost price tag so far
I reckon most of us knew he had it in him, for whatever reasons behind the scenes he wasn't getting a regular game but I'm glad he is now and living up to his potential. Still really young too so he could still be anything

I dont want to rub it in your face but he's been sensational. My purple goggles have him having as good a year as Saad who just got AA (I dont think Saad should have been AA personally but just saying how good Clark has been). I thought we overpaid given he couldnt get a game for you lot but he's well and truly outperformed his draft cost price tag so far

Saad was very stiff to miss last year's AA Team, so I think that was a linebreaker between him and Clark (whom I am sure we will see in the AA team in the future if he can keep up his form)

Funny to think that at time some Freo fans are unhappy/thought they paid overs for Clark.

Peter Bell is really starting to put some major credits into the bank since that infamous Jesse Hogan (which was still the right move by Freo at the time, unfortunately Hogan had some unforseen life issues (neither the fault of the club or player) that really hampered his time there.

Peter Bell is really starting to put some major credits into the bank since that infamous Jesse Hogan (which was still the right move by Freo at the time, unfortunately Hogan had some unforseen life issues (neither the fault of the club or player) that really hampered his time there.

Slowly accumulating the feathers in his cap he always wanted!

I reckon most of us knew he had it in him, for whatever reasons behind the scenes he wasn't getting a regular game but I'm glad he is now and living up to his potential. Still really young too so he could still be anything
Yeah I mean, those first year games were pretty promising. I'm kind of curious to know how much the Scarlett "mutual passing ways" was tied to the Clark situation.
Hardly a face rub when it is win-win.
He'd have struggled for games this year, a recruitment error in reality. And we get our project ruck from the pick.
Was it Conway you got with the pick? How's he looking?

Hardly a face rub when it is win-win.
He'd have struggled for games this year, a recruitment error in reality. And we get our project ruck from the pick.
Yeah if you were shoveling s**t with the bombers this year it would of stung like hell!
But being minor premiers and picking up Stengel you certainly won’t notice it this year.

Saad was very stiff to miss last year's AA Team, so I think that was a linebreaker between him and Clark (whom I am sure we will see in the AA team in the future if he can keep up his form)

Funny to think that at time some Freo fans are unhappy/thought they paid overs for Clark.

IF you believe the idea (it's a big if with no real evidence other than heresay) that he really tried to torpedo the Hogan acquisition and Rosich over ruled him, then he's been very very good in trade negotiations.

We've generally been good at trading players out, but I think a very good coaching group and a change in strategy and we are finally starting to win on some trading of players in. Our history of trading players in is genuinely worst in comp I'd argue

Yeah I mean, those first year games were pretty promising. I'm kind of curious to know how much the Scarlett "mutual passing ways" was tied to the Clark situation.
Yeah I always thought it was strange that Clark wasn't getting games because when he played, for the most part, he was really quite good. We'll never know but I think everyone got what they wanted in the end. I guess some of the Freo fans that were against the idea and scoffed at us fans wanted an FRP for him can probably see our point of view now lol

Yeah I always thought it was strange that Clark wasn't getting games because when he played, for the most part, he was really quite good. We'll never know but I think everyone got what they wanted in the end. I guess some of the Freo fans that were against the idea and scoffed at us fans wanted an FRP for him can probably see our point of view now lol
Yeah but at the same time, you can understand Freo posters (ie me haha) being a little antsy on paying too much for a guy that's not getting a game.

What's definitely true, given there are examples of Wells (he's still the list guy right?) letting contracted players go easily, is that if Geelong are playing hard ball, it's because that player is pretty good, regardless of getting a game or not.

Wells remains close to the best in business at talent ID

Last edited:
Think clark took a while to get into it. His first part of the season was OK but his second half was definitely aa form

Yeah but that the same time, you can understand Freo posters (ie me haha) being a little antsy on paying too much for a guy that's not getting a game.

What's definitely true, given there are examples of Wells (he's still the list guy right?) letting contracted players go easily, is that if Geelong are playing hard ball, it's because that player is pretty good, regardless of getting a game or not.

Wells remains close to the best in business at talent ID
yep still Wells in the hot seat, he's dropped a few sitters over the years (Thurlow over Grundy comes to mind) but you're probably bang on, if they're desperately trying to hold on then they know something we don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not bothered we finished top of the ladder without him. Good to see him getting a chance, he didn't fit with us.

Was it Conway you got with the pick? How's he looking?

Think it is simplistic to just blame Scarlett, and also worth remembering that Scarlett built one of the top defences in the league.

For Clark, He has great in his first season, then had a run of injuries, lost some confidence, IMO, then COVID happened so he could never get any continuity in his game. He would get picked in the seniors off zero VFL games, then get dropped. Then I think he saw his AFL career passing by so he did something about it. Good on him.

Also not unreasonable to suggest that he and Freo have worked hard on the defensive side of his gamer.

Is there a way to review my own posts in this thread? I'm sure there's a button somewhere.

Anyway don't think my opinion has changed - talented kid, loved watching him, had a good year from what I saw and happy for him and the Dockers.

I hope I tried to reassure you that he was going to be worth a decent pick.

153 pages over a year was good work by Freo and Geelong fans, good work team
Yeah look, we were asking for overs at 170 pages and Freo tried to low-ball us with 140, so in the end 153 is a good outcome for both parties.

I heard Page 153 had an excellent season for your guys too :thumbsu:

Is there a way to review my own posts in this thread? I'm sure there's a button somewhere.

Anyway don't think my opinion has changed - talented kid, loved watching him, had a good year from what I saw and happy for him and the Dockers.

I hope I tried to reassure you that he was going to be worth a decent pick.
We knew he was going to be worth a decent pick but that’s the fun of 150 pages.

The seller club fans act like a car salesman saying it’s basically free because the value of the car is more then the asking price.

The buying club fans are negotiating like they’re buying a house picking on all the faults saying there’s no value there.

In reality we both have a similar marker but where’s the fun in that!

Compare his stats head to head with Saad. They are basically the same for 2022, except one plays for a big Melbourne Team.
Never realised they were that similar. Just assumed Saad's were so much better because he's been spoken of as an AA lock all year.

Did I or did I not tell you a year ago you were getting a bargain?

Strongly dislike telling you I told you so here
Yeah but I told Saints fans they were getting a bargain with Hill, it doesn’t always work out =p

There's a great article on AFL.com.au today about Longmuir being he epitome of a modern coach in that he always focuses on a player's strengths.

I think Clark is a perfect example of this - he had a decent first half of the statement with occasional flashes of brilliance and occasional stuff ups - but he never let them get him down and you could see his confidence grow and grow.

I was expecting a bit of a flaky player who would go missing when the chips are down - but jeez you can see he hates to lose and he loves the bash.

Back