Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark could play 0 games in 2021 and have no intention of leaving, but that's not how footy media works.

Its true but the reality is if he is injury free next year he is likely to play more games than this year and hence have better trade value next year. So i doubt we trade him this year unless we get serious overs for him.

Bews.

On a side note Cats also chasing Smith from the Hawks. Another winger that Clark would be behind in the pecking.order.

On top of Higgins, mid / wing / HFF.

And potentially Phillips from Pies, another winger.

Should rename the club The Geelong Barbarians......got the hoops already just let the guys wear the socks from where they came from.

The kids already there might just start wondering if the club rates them if it is continually bringing in old blokes every season.. ;) :cool:

Hey, We would be happy to deal with your club again anytime. If Clarke would like to join the Weagles in a couple of years time, it will only cost you nuffies an arm, a leg, a wing, and 2 years worth of all your picks! Ahah. :tearsofjoy:

Hey, We would be happy to deal with your club again anytime. If Clarke would like to join the Weagles in a couple of years time, it will only cost you nuffies an arm, a leg, a wing, and 2 years worth of all your picks! Ahah. :tearsofjoy:

If at 22 he's top five in the Browlow and the following draft is as compromised as this one we will see.

Hopefully you use a couple on trading in Cameron and he enjoys his retirement fund. Then in two years your cap is chockers paying all the old farts the Cats seem to like getting.

If at 22 he's top five in the Browlow and the following draft is as compromised as this one we will see.

Hopefully you use a couple on trading in Cameron and he enjoys his retirement fund. Then in two years your cap is chockers paying all the old farts the Cats seem to like getting.

Mate, If the AFL keep shortening quarters all of the ''old farts'' will be playing on into their forties....:think:

Don't get your hopes too high on the cap situation. Cats have exactly 4 players contracted for 2022.

Don't get your hopes too high on the cap situation. Cats have exactly 4 players contracted for 2022.

I’m not sure that’s always the good news you think it is

Maybe you don’t have lots of money committed yet, but it means that you’re re-signing lots of players and some of them are going to want pay-rises.

Menegola, Guthrie, Henry, Miers, Blicavs and so on.

If these guys weren’t already locked up they’ll be getting paid.

I’m not sure that’s always the good news you think it is

Maybe you don’t have lots of money committed yet, but it means that you’re re-signing lots of players and some of them are going to want pay-rises.

Menegola, Guthrie, Henry, Miers, Blicavs and so on.

If these guys weren’t already locked up they’ll be getting paid.
They will be but most of the guys we'd be worried about taking up cash like Guthrie/Menegola/Blitz will also be coming out of contract at 30+. Doesn't usually mean big dollar extensions and probably means a few retirements, especially Selwood/Hawkins.

Guys like Miers and Henry are often players that look great because they're trained to suit our system but I don't think they'd look as good on other lists and I think they would know it. So I don't think they'd be taking up huge sums.

It's the other side of the coin when it comes to hitting a list age wall. When they retire you got dollars to spend

Players in good sides are always overrated and/or talked up to be earning a lot more than they really are. I like Miers but he'd be lucky to even be on the average AFL salary at this point in his career.

He was just one of a bunch of names I threw up.

But he was a late draft pick who is what ? 22 now?

He would have been on minimum salary and his next contract as a first 22 player would likely be a jump up.

It was just a counter point to the “only four players signed for 2022” argument put up. Re-signing players can sometimes mean pay rises.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Geelong bringing in outside talent, especially Cameron on good coin, I think the chances of Clark leaving just got a slight bit higher.
I personally doubt it, by 2022 he should be firmly established in our best 22 and many of our current older brigade will be retired

He was just one of a bunch of names I threw up.

But he was a late draft pick who is what ? 22 now?

He would have been on minimum salary and his next contract as a first 22 player would likely be a jump up.

It was just a counter point to the “only four players signed for 2022” argument put up. Re-signing players can sometimes mean pay rises.

It can but geelong have a lot of older players which generally means salary reductions over time not raises.

With Geelong bringing in outside talent, especially Cameron on good coin, I think the chances of Clark leaving just got a slight bit higher.

I very much doubt that.

Hes not on big money and i doubt freo offer enough for us to trade him.

While I dont doubt the very well Geelong could definitely find a way to squeeze Clark in as well as Cameron and anyone being re-signed, I'm sure the window to grab Clark would have opened a little bit.

He'd be a rookie coming of his base wage next year and performing 1st round picks are paid well these days (400k+ per previous reports), thanks to GC overpaying theirs a while ago (this is per an AFL.com.au article from a while ago). Clark would certainly be on at least 350k next year you'd think (its definitely not 100-150k) and letting him go for a decent pick could help ease that cap pressure

While I dont doubt the very well Geelong could definitely find a way to squeeze Clark in as well as Cameron and anyone being re-signed, I'm sure the window to grab Clark would have opened a little bit.

He'd be a rookie coming of his base wage next year and performing 1st round picks are paid well these days (400k+ per previous reports), thanks to GC overpaying theirs a while ago (this is per an AFL.com.au article from a while ago). Clark would certainly be on at least 350k next year you'd think (its definitely not 100-150k) and letting him go for a decent pick could help ease that cap pressure

Is Clark building a house yet? ;)

Bought into a pub maybe?:think::thumbsu:

Back