Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect example of how sh*t the footy media is. Pure speculation from the start about Clark wanting out and they still ran with it. Not once has it been confirmed that he or the Cats have been looking to move on and we are now up to page 14 in this thread.

Yeah, the longer break between the end of the season and trade week isn't helping either.

The official AFL website is pretty much no different to some random Facebook post now. It's back on people! This just in...

"There has been a four-club trade that was floated to get Hogan to GWS, Higgins to Cats, Clark to Freo and North getting a pick, with other picks involved. It won't happen like that but had been discussed by the clubs" - @CalTwomey

Apparently it had been discussed by the clubs.

Such a shame he started his career so well and was a smokey to win rising star in his first year. I wish him all the best

Yeah, the longer break between the end of the season and trade week isn't helping either.

The official AFL website is pretty much no different to some random Facebook post now. This just in...

"There has been a four-club trade that was floated to get Hogan to GWS, Higgins to Cats, Clark to Freo and North getting a pick, with other picks involved. It won't happen like that but had been discussed by the clubs" - @CalTwomey

Apparently it has been discussed by the clubs.
We shall see, i like Cal Twomey but I feel like he does a lot of dart throwing like the rest of them when it comes to trades/Free agency.

I'm sure there's elements of that but every club says that about players that want to leave. Go back a few weeks and it was all the media's fault that Jesse Hogan trades rumours were in the news. Like I said, not saying he wants to go but people on our board had been talking about rumours before it was out and about in the news.

Who knows maybe the media rumours came from Big Footy?

Sure but the difference with Hogan is that Freo are happy to lose him. Geelong don't want to lose Clarke. And if he does leave that's fine, but whoever gets him will have to pay a lot, probably more than what he is worth.

Sure but the difference with Hogan is that Freo are happy to lose him. Geelong don't want to lose Clarke. And if he does leave that's fine, but whoever gets him will have to pay a lot, probably more than what he is worth.

Pay more than he is worth? Is he rated that highly?

If Geelong want to keep Clark they should stop trading in 31 year olds who play Clark's positions.

Smith, Dalhaus, Higgins, Stevens. All half forward / wingers / mids.

Last edited:

If Geelong want to keep Clark they should stop trading in 31 year olds who play Clark's positions.

Why the flip did they bring in Smith ???. To my eyes, it was not a NEED for their list. Zimmer frames at the ready.

Not a great move bringing Smith in, how will that effect Clark’s view of how they see him. Trading a player in over him ?.

Why the flip did they bring in Smith ???. To my eyes, it was not a NEED for their list. Zimmer frames at the ready.

Not a great move bringing Smith in, how will that effect Clark’s view of how they see him. Trading a player in over him ?.
Taylor retires Blicavs moves from wing to key back and Smith goes to wing.

Maybe you should educate yourself on the position Clark actually plays.

I'm not sure you've seen Clark play either.

I agree with the first part about there's zero indication that the Cats would trade Clark but I think the media just making stuff up might not be true.

There's been murmurings that Jordan and his family aren't completely happy. Doesn't mean he wants to leave for sure though.
Doesnt mean Geelong would trade him even if it were true.

You realise none of those players play Clarks position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe you should educate yourself on the position Clark actually plays.

Well this just shows you dont have much idea about junior development do you?

Clark plays half back / wing but with the hope he can move into the midfield as he develops. Many AFL wings and mids are developed on a half forward flank and other established players are ahead of them in their preferred position.

All those old coots your mob have a hard on over trading in will be competing with Clark for spots either on field or on the bench. Smith, Dalhaus, Stevens and Higgins all play in a position Clark could play and develop his game. Wing, high half forward and on ball.

He could be played in a back pocket but he doesnt want that. No kid likes being stuck in the back pocket when they are a winger. And half back has others to compete against.

Bringing in multiple older guys will mean less opportunities to develop Clark. Its simple maths people.

Clark plays half back / wing but with the hope he can move into the midfield as he develops. Many AFL wings and mids are developed on a half forward flank and other established players are ahead of them in their preferred position.

All those old coots your mob have a hard on over trading in will be competing with Clark for spots either on field or on the bench. Smith, Dalhaus, Stevens and Higgins all play in a position Clark could play and develop his game.

He could be played in a back pocket but he doesnt want that. No kid likes being stuck in the back pocket when they are a winger.
Mate you have no idea. First you say he's a half forward/mid which he has never played at any level and now you're trying to tell me those 4 players we've recruited will shun his development.

Clark is a half back flanker and played his juniors there ... all of Smith, Higgins, Dahlhaus and Steven are not stopping him from getting a game. That's nonsense and shows just how much you've seen Clark play, which is zilch.

But yep, let's play a running half back in the forward line. :drunk:

All those old coots your mob have a hard on over trading in will be competing with Clark for spots either on field or on the bench. Smith, Dalhaus, Stevens and Higgins all play in a position Clark could play and develop his game. Wing, high half forward and on ball.

He could be played in a back pocket but he doesnt want that. No kid likes being stuck in the back pocket when they are a winger. And half back has others to compete against.

Bringing in multiple older guys will mean less opportunities to develop Clark. Its simple maths people.

Clark is a half back. Not one of the older players you suggested plays that position..it doesnt affect him at all.

Clark is a half back. Not one of the older players you suggested plays that position..it doesnt affect him at all.

Well if I'm wrrong so are the other football commentators saying the same thing

And all those AFL coaches who say players need to play multiple rolls in the modern game........they must be wrong too hey?

You are normally a tad more intelligent than this mate.

So you and Godfather think he's a half back.....nothing more and wouldn't be developed 9n the wing, or half forward or on the ball.

Bookmarked for future reference.

Well if I'm wrrong so are the other football commentators saying the same thing

And all those AFL coaches who say players need to play multiple rolls in the modern game........they must be wrong too hey?

You are normally a tad more intelligent than this mate.

So you and Godfather think he's a half back.....nothing more and wouldn't be developed 9n the wing, or half forward or on the ball.

Bookmarked for future reference.
Give it up. You've got no idea.

Mate you have no idea. First you say he's a half forward/mid which he has never played at any level and now you're trying to tell me those 4 players we've recruited will shun his development.

Clark is a half back flanker and played his juniors there ... all of Smith, Higgins, Dahlhaus and Steven are not stopping him from getting a game. That's nonsense and shows just how much you've seen Clark play, which is zilch.

But yep, let's play a running half back in the forward line. :drunk:

Well, looks like Rendell has no idea either.

“Smith gives them another winger, so Menegola and Duncan and Blicavs run through there and now you would think Smith’s going to play on there,” Rendell told AFL Trade Radio.

“They’ve got to reshuffle some of their players through midfield there forward or maybe even back.”

One player Rendell definitely couldn’t fit into the side as a result of Smith’s arrival was Jordan Clark, whose future at the Cats now appears uncertain.

Clark, a WA product that was taken with Pick 15 in the star-studded 2018 national draft, burst onto the AFL scene in his first season, playing 18 of the Cats’ first 19 games as he secured a spot on the wing."

Here's someone else with no idea..............apart from agreeing with Rendell.

Where to for Cats youngster?
Jordan Clark's
future at Geelong is cloudy after the Cats poached Hawthorn free agent Isaac Smith to play on the wing.

Clark was squeezed out of the Cats' line-up this season and missed their Grand Final last week against Richmond, instead winning the quarter-time sprint.

He has two years to run on a contract with the club but faces tougher competition to maintain his preferred spot in the Cats' midfield.

Wow, looks like even Geelong have no idea either boys.

JordanClark

The sky is the limit in 2020. After an interrupted pre-season due to illness, the speedster still made his debut in round one and provided an X-factor for Geelong across half-back. He quickly graduated to the wing before a nasty elbow injury at training ahead of round 21 derailed his promising season. A return via the VFL late in the year was short-lived and he was sent for surgery at season’s end. The former junior Australian cricket representative has signed a contract extension to 2022. Player Sponsor: Giang Nguyen
TOTAL GAMES

Well blow me down with a feather, even Jordan must have no idea about himself

“A homegrown kid,” Harris said. “I couldn’t see why you wouldn’t. I think he’s going to be a long-term player. Once he gets physically strong and in the system he’s going to be an elite talent.”

Jordan, whose favourite player is West Coast star Elliot Yeo, starred at half-back this year but he only played the role for the first time last year and is still learning.

He grew a few centimetres to 185cm this year but doubts there is much more height to come and is open-minded about where he might end up in the future.

“I’ve always played as a junior mid-forward,” he said.

“I sometimes get a bit of a spray for not being accountable enough to my man. I love attacking and intercepting, it’s good fu

Interesting that Yeo is Clark's favorite player. Now how did Yeo develop? Ahhhh, at the Lions he played defense for the first two years, then went to the Eagles and won AA at half back. And what happened next, Yeo always wanted to play mid so when his body was built up he is now one of the competitions best big inside mids.

Who would have thought THAT hey? A young skinny kid gets developed at AFL level on a flank before playing his preferred position. What a silly idea that Clark may just do the same...............the same as dozens of other skinny kids who get developed on a flank before moving to their best position.

So Godfather, all of this has led me to holding my opinion on Clark. Its almost like I've educated myself on the background of the player and also know a little bit about how skinny kids get developed at AFL level. But you, you talk like a 'flat earther' who can't see nor think past the horizon. You obviously do not understand how a skinny kid 18 - 20 may just take 3-4 years to find their feet at AFL level and during that time get developed either forward or back to help round out their game. As Clark himself said he only just started playing half back in his draft year, prefers mid / forward but the coaches want him to be more defensive. You learn that playing defense, not a hard concept really.

Well, I best trot off and get ready, got to go pick up half a dozen lads and go to footy. Its great being an u16 coach.;):cool:

PS: Instead of being a whimp and LOLing and saying " U got no idea" how's about you back up your thoughts with something substantial. Because when people LOL its a fair indication they have nothing. Ahh...there it is, another "I have no idea LOL from Godfather". Put up or shut up mate.

Last edited:

“Smith gives them another winger, so Menegola and Duncan and Blicavs run through there and now you would think Smith’s going to play on there,” Rendell told AFL Trade Radio.

“They’ve got to reshuffle some of their players through midfield there forward or maybe even back.”

One player Rendell definitely couldn’t fit into the side as a result of Smith’s arrival was Jordan Clark, whose future at the Cats now appears uncertain.

Clark, a WA product that was taken with Pick 15 in the star-studded 2018 national draft, burst onto the AFL scene in his first season, playing 18 of the Cats’ first 19 games as he secured a spot on the wing."

Jordan Clark's
future at Geelong is cloudy after the Cats poached Hawthorn free agent Isaac Smith to play on the wing.

Clark was squeezed out of the Cats' line-up this season and missed their Grand Final last week against Richmond, instead winning the quarter-time sprint.

He has two years to run on a contract with the club but faces tougher competition to maintain his preferred spot in the Cats' midfield.

JordanClark

The sky is the limit in 2020. After an interrupted pre-season due to illness, the speedster still made his debut in round one and provided an X-factor for Geelong across half-back. He quickly graduated to the wing before a nasty elbow injury at training ahead of round 21 derailed his promising season. A return via the VFL late in the year was short-lived and he was sent for surgery at season’s end. The former junior Australian cricket representative has signed a contract extension to 2022. Player Sponsor: Giang Nguyen
TOTAL GAMES

“A homegrown kid,” Harris said. “I couldn’t see why you wouldn’t. I think he’s going to be a long-term player. Once he gets physically strong and in the system he’s going to be an elite talent.”

Jordan, whose favourite player is West Coast star Elliot Yeo, starred at half-back this year but he only played the role for the first time last year and is still learning.

He grew a few centimetres to 185cm this year but doubts there is much more height to come and is open-minded about where he might end up in the future.

“I sometimes get a bit of a spray for not being accountable enough to my man. I love attacking and intercepting, it’s good fu

Interesting that Yeo is Clark's favorite player. Now how did Yeo develop? Ahhhh, at the Lions he played defense for the first two years, then went to the Eagles and won AA at half back. And what happened next, Yeo always wanted to play mid so when his body was built up he is now one of the competitions best big inside mids.

Who would have thought THAT hey? A young skinny kid gets developed at AFL level on a flank before playing his preferred position. What a silly idea that Clark may just do the same...............the same as dozens of other skinny kids who get developed on a flank before moving to their best position.

So Godfather, all of this has led me to holding my opinion on Clark. Its almost like I've educated myself on the background of the player and also know a little bit about how skinny kids get developed at AFL level. But you, you talk like a 'flat earther' who can't see nor think past the horizon. You obviously do not understand how a skinny kid 18 - 20 may just take 3-4 years to find their feet at AFL level and during that time get developed either forward or back to help round out their game. As Clark himself said he only just started playing half back in his draft year, prefers mid / forward but the coaches want him to be more defensive. You learn that playing defense, not a hard concept really.

Well, I best trot off and get ready, got to go pick up half a dozen lads and go to footy. Its great being an u16 coach.;):cool:

PS: Instead of being a whimp and LOLing and saying " U got no idea" how's about you back up your thoughts with something substantial. Because when people LOL its a fair indication they have nothing. Ahh...there it is, another "I have no idea LOL from Godfather". Put up or shut up mate.
👏

According to some it isn't a problem mate. ;) Clark doesn't play wing so he isn't competing against Smith, Higgins or even the high half forwards who play a very similar role to a winger.

Absolutely nothing to worry about, all good.:):):)

According to some it isn't a problem mate. ;) Clark doesn't play wing so he isn't competing against Smith, Higgins or even the high half forwards who play a very similar role to a winger.

Absolutely nothing to worry about, all good.:):):)
Did you forget to change over to sarcasm font?

Jordan Clark's

JordanClark

TOTAL GAMES

You have made someone look pretty silly refuting him, with the players own quote " I've always played as a junior mid-forward" he said.

Highly doubt you will get an apology.

Well done Obeanie1.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Last edited:
You have mede someone look pretty silly refuting him, with the players own quote " I've always played as a junior mid-forward" he said.

Highly doubt you will get an apology.

Well done Obeanie1.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Absolutely not. Geelong drafted him to play as a rebounding and running half back flanker, not a half forward or 'midfielder'. So no, picking up Higgins, Smith, Dahlhaus and Steven has and will not have any bearing on Clark's selection our side.

Jordan Clark's

JordanClark

TOTAL GAMES

Check mate

Back