Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You would have to think that Geelongs cap is absolutely bulging with the Covid cuts and no big contracts out. If Clarke is on 400k a year it could well be a salary cap dump for Geelong. If that's the case they are much better off changing a 400k salary for an 80k draftee salary and spreading the 320k amongst the other players to bring some relief particularly if he is likely to want to leave at the end of next year anyway.

I'm really surprised he hasn't come on as expected. I thought he would be one of the next generation of premier half backs in the AFL from his junior years. Was playing WAFL league footy at 17 and producing better numbers then that in any of his AFL seasons.

I doubt the cap is bulging but even if it is we only need to move clarks salary out if we are bringing someone else in this trade period who we cant otherwise afford. We will be clearing at least 1.5mil in salary cap next year through retirements so we wont be struggling to pay clark then so theres noy much salary reason to trade him.

The whole "pick x will be moved back on draft night" is kinda stupid. It's the 27th pick of the open draft still.

Great so that cuts both ways. Clark was pick 12 then in an open draft. Can everyone make sure they rewrite history and refer to him as pick 12.

You would have to think that Geelongs cap is absolutely bulging with the Covid cuts and no big contracts out. If Clarke is on 400k a year it could well be a salary cap dump for Geelong. If that's the case they are much better off changing a 400k salary for an 80k draftee salary and spreading the 320k amongst the other players to bring some relief particularly if he is likely to want to leave at the end of next year anyway.

I'm really surprised he hasn't come on as expected. I thought he would be one of the next generation of premier half backs in the AFL from his junior years. Was playing WAFL league footy at 17 and producing better numbers then that in any of his AFL seasons.

I thought last we heard was that geelongs wasn't that bad, at least compared to other teams? They are seeming to want to keep most of their players, when if they really needed a salary cap dump I imagine the would turf fringe players like Narkle and Kruger. Geelong have always been really good with cap space, even during their premiership years. I could be wrong though.

I thought last we heard was that geelongs wasn't that bad, at least compared to other teams? They are seeming to want to keep most of their players, when if they really needed a salary cap dump I imagine the would turf fringe players like Narkle and Kruger. Geelong have always been really good with cap space, even during their premiership years. I could be wrong though.
We did add a 900k a year player since then but his contract is long and we can shuffle his payments pretty easily given we'll struggle to field a side with all the retirements after next year

I wonder if Scarlett leaving Geelong changes the landscape for Clark, Would he be more inclined to stay?

Well I don't like to repeat rumours, but the rumour was that Scarlett was the one who didn't want him playing in his backline. Every game since mid way through his first year has been wing or forward.

Then the day that the freo ITK poster said that Clark was informing the club of an intention to trade was the same day that we get the news that Scarlo has had an angry confrontation and later it comes out that he's stepping away from coaching.

Really reads like they've sacked Scarlett over Clark asking to leave.

Geelong should be doing everything they can to keep him. Their list is screwed if they lose their younger players. Can't keep relying on aged, mercenary trades.
Could not agree more. If I were Geelong I would be pulling out all stops to keep Jordan.

I’d like to think that Scarlo leaving and the lack of recent noise about Clark suggest that Clark is now more likely to stay. I think Hocking understands the importance of retaining our youth

I’d like to think that Scarlo leaving and the lack of recent noise about Clark suggest that Clark is now more likely to stay. I think Hocking understands the importance of retaining our youth

I find it quite unusual that amongst all of the smoke there hasn't actually been anything from him the club or his management. Still of the view that there is a reasonable (maybe 25%) chance that he might stay.

I find it quite unusual that amongst all of the smoke there hasn't actually been anything from him the club or his management. Still of the view that there is a reasonable (maybe 25%) chance that he might stay.

As you said, there is nothing "official" which implies to me that he at least considering it. Its not cut and dry. Chris Scott could have promised him guaranteed gametime for instance to keep him. I don't know if Scott is the type of person to do that or if it were even feasible, but if that is the main reason he wants to leave then that could help keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if Jordan had decided to leave then it would be official by now.

Methinks he was holding on for a bit to see what happened with all the coaching moves. I reckon he will stay now.

Might be making sure freo can get the deal done too

Well I don't like to repeat rumours, but the rumour was that Scarlett was the one who didn't want him playing in his backline. Every game since mid way through his first year has been wing or forward.

Then the day that the freo ITK poster said that Clark was informing the club of an intention to trade was the same day that we get the news that Scarlo has had an angry confrontation and later it comes out that he's stepping away from coaching.

Really reads like they've sacked Scarlett over Clark asking to leave.

Lol we sacked our backline coach over Jordan Clark did we?

Geelong would be crazy to trade him now at his lowest value.

Kids is way too talented to trade for a sh*TTy deal, while he still has a year on his contract.

Never going to get a good return for a Club if it has to trade a disgruntled, " out of contract player " as you always get under's, but Clark is not out of contract so better keep him and back the Club to get him firing on all cylinders.

Geelong's salary cap sponsor Simmons Homes helps with space.

Back