Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We are reasonable with trades if we are not all that attached to the player. Bit different when that player is one of the best midfielders in the competition.
That’s the point of the myth that the Cats are reasonable.

When the Cats are either trading out a fringe player or trading in a player they are very reasonable.

Any player they want to keep they play hard Ball.

West Coast could have done something like Carlton did with Martin in Kelly trade.

Getting back to the point, Clark won’t be going anywhere due to the Cats asking massive overs.

I’m ok with that, unless it’s a mental health issue and a player has a personal reason to leave.

Geelong have broken the myth that the Cats are reasonable in trades with Kelly last year.

Cats will want massive overs for Clark which is their right.

No point going for Clark this year with another 2 years on his contract.
To be fair, we're about to go into a prelim, how would TK be right now? Would strongly consider trading everything back just to get TK for our next two games.

Plus TKs situation was unique in that he didn't want out, his wife did. All those negative aspects of having a player on the list who doesn't want to be there didn't apply in that very specific case. I don't see that applying in any other trade case.

That’s the point of the myth that the Cats are reasonable.

When the Cats are either trading out a fringe player or trading in a player they are very reasonable.

Any player they want to keep they play hard Ball.

West Coast could have done something like Carlton did with Martin in Kelly trade.

Getting back to the point, Clark won’t be going anywhere due to the Cats asking massive overs.

I’m ok with that, unless it’s a mental health issue and a player has a personal reason to leave.

Sure but also remember WCE and us are both gunning for top 4 spots, to trade Tim Kelly to them was to strengthen a current rival.

To be fair, we're about to go into a prelim, how would TK be right now? Would strongly consider trading everything back just to get TK for our next two games.

Plus TKs situation was unique in that he didn't want out, his wife did. All those negative aspects of having a player on the list who doesn't want to be there didn't apply in that very specific case. I don't see that applying in any other trade case.
Cats has been awesome in retaining players they want, only losing Ablett to a Godfather deal and Kelly for family reasons.

We only have the Kelly deal as information.

The Cats played hardball.

I fully expect that Geelong won’t let Clark leave unless they get a Godfather deal ie two first round picks.

Is that the right thing to do? Absolutely Yes.

Cats has been awesome in retaining players they want, only losing Ablett to a Godfather deal and Kelly for family reasons.

I fully expect that Geelong won’t let Clark leave unless they get a Godfather deal ie two first round picks.

They were livid about losing Josh Caddy but let him go for a second rounder. The lost Shane Mumford to a 4 year deal at Sydney because they just didn't have the cap to keep him, it left a massive hole in the ruck that hasn't been filled to this day. Strong argument we'd have an extra flag if we still had him. Let go for a mid second.

If Freo come up with a pick in the 1st rd next year he can go at trade time

Alex Pearce
Alex Pearce is probably their best KPD, don't think they'd be willing to part with him AND a first

Overall I hope Clark stays and he has a proper year to see what he can do..

2 R1 picks ..? Id say that is unlikely unless we are talking late R1's... what will be the last pick in the first round this year ..22? 23?

There would be a few players on your list that I could name that we would not get near..really like Young for example.. but depending on what we would want to achieve by trading him, if its cap relief then we will probably want to draft a kid. A R1 pick next year and an upgrade this year may be enough for me. .. what will the club do .. keep him I hope.

Alex Pearce is probably their best KPD, don't think they'd be willing to part with him AND a first

You can only ask

Alex Pearce

Talented , tall and and historically a touch fragile. Probably appeals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 10 and Alex Pearce for Clark and Narkle.

Pick 10 and Alex Pearce for Clark and Narkle.
Keep narkle, and we keep 10 :)

You can have Hamling in a straight swap. Harry Taylor is on his last legs and you need a KPD.

We will even pay per of his contract to make the deal sweeter.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Future first and future second thanks. We have too many picks this year already.
How about Bailey Banfield?

I’m happy trading pick 10 and 2021 third round for Clark and pick 33.

The reality is that Cats don’t have to trade and would likely want more.
It would be more like pick 10 and swap of 2nd rd picks next year for Clark, I think both parties could live with that

This thread is hilarious. Strange seeing so many cats fans duped by the fluff ‘journalism’ surrounding Clark.

“Young interstate born player from x club doesn’t play many games in year 2, ignoring the fact its because of injuries, ignoring the fact there is zero evidence of player x wanting out = gawn”. Dumbfounding.

There is more chance of me dating Rihanna than Geelong trading one of, if not its best, Young prospect with 2 years to go on a contract, who will be a lock in the 22 next year, save for injury. The club loves him and Clark loves the cats.

Clark won’t be traded!

But feel free to continue this nonsense thread

You also have Christensen and Caddy....both of which we let go for what was seen to be unders at the time.

This thread is hilarious. Strange seeing so many cats fans duped by the fluff ‘journalism’ surrounding Clark.

“Young interstate born player from x club doesn’t play many games in year 2, ignoring the fact its because of injuries, ignoring the fact there is zero evidence of player x wanting out = gawn”. Dumbfounding.

There is more chance of me dating Rihanna than Geelong trading one of, if not its best, Young prospect with 2 years to go on a contract, who will be a lock in the 22 next year, save for injury. The club loves him and Clark loves the cats.

Clark won’t be traded!

But feel free to continue this nonsense thread
We said that about Kelly until the rumours became fact, not saying this rumour is true and Clark wants out but always a chance he wants back home

Back