Traded Jordan Clark and F4 traded to Fremantle for #22 and F3 (Carl)

What happens with Clark

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most people believe that both parties would be pretty happy with pick 27 for Clarke?

More like 'most people are accepting that pick 27 will likely be involved' - are they happy about it, not too sure

So that's the same thing.
I rate him. They can’t all be legit afl stars by 21/22, his shoulder issues have not helped his progress at all but I’m really confident he can be a really good player, whether that be at Freo or the Cats. You guys could possibly already have the best young half back in the league, adding Clark at a similar age is a no brainer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol we sacked our backline coach over Jordan Clark did we?

No, it's likely Hocking was unimpressed with his insular attitude and his 'Misfits' that Clark wasn't welcome to be a part of.

Clark won't be the reason Scarlett was let go, but his case could be evidence of a wider model of exclusion/stubborn attitude, that caused discord in the playing group as a whole (not to mention the influence he had on player selection like Atkins, Kolo and Henderson - at the expense of others like Clark and Kreuger who were showing good signs in the twos but not given a decent run).

If Hocking saw that this was the case, then it would make sense to cut the cord with Scarlett - if it's creating division amongst the coaching group and the players alike.

Scarlett's comments about the 'Misfits' specifically in his parting comments, and no-one else, provides evidence of this insular attitude IMO.

No, it's likely Hocking was unimpressed with his insular attitude and his 'Misfits' that Clark wasn't welcome to be a part of.

Clark won't be the reason Scarlett was let go, but his case could be evidence of a wider model of exclusion/stubborn attitude, that caused discord in the playing group as a whole.

If Hocking saw that this was the case, then it would make sense to cut the cord with Scarlett - if it's creating division amongst the coaching group and the players alike.

A whole lot of guessing and gossiping, Tom Browne would be proud.

A whole lot of guessing and gossiping, Tom Browne would be proud.

Actually, the line about Clark being excluded directly by Scarlett, is well known (and was reported by Cleary, a decent reporter and Geelong insider - so don't be a dick).

There's no confirmation of anything, but the timeline and sequence of events thus far, certainly points to something along the lines of what I've said.

Actually, the line about Clark being excluded directly by Scarlett, is well known (and was reported by Cleary, a decent reporter and Geelong insider - so don't be a dick).

There's no confirmation of anything, but the timeline and sequence of events thus far, certainly points to something along the lines of what I've said.

Our assistant coach left, after the other two assistant coaches left, which indicates a coaching clean out. Did the other two assistants dislike Jordan Clark as well? Perhaps Brian Cook and Clark did not see eye to eye either.

What to play VFL?

Selwood convinced Clark to stay last year and then the coaching staff refused to play him.

Scarlett was the main one and hes gone. I think Clark will play more next year if he stays.

Our assistant coach left, after the other two assistant coaches left, which indicates a coaching clean out. Did the other two assistants dislike Jordan Clark as well? Perhaps Brian Cook and Clark did not see eye to eye either.

Actually, Enright, Cook and Knights were poached by other clubs - they didn't resign. There's a big difference between the aforementioned and Scarlett's situation. He's not changing clubs, he's resigning/being pushed out.

Look believe what you want to believe, I'm not going to get into a sh*tfight over this, and derail the board. It'll all come out later anyway.

Scarlett could have been pushed out and Jordan Clarke not got a long with him and they don't have to do with each other. Both can be mutually exclusive.

Back