Prediction Jordan Dawson : Becomes A Crow What Day OF The Trade Period? 1 - 10?

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Well, Judas only committed one betrayal :$

Who names their kid Judas? I wonder if he's Catholic and got to choose his middle name himself? 🤔

Anyways ... what do we think of Dawson & Syd pick 31 for our 23 & 37?

We might not have list room to use 3 picks and this way we move up 6 picks on 37.

Umm, that values Dawson around pick 28?.

Perhaps 23 and our 2022 2nd for Dawson and 31 is a bit more reasonable. Based on this year, this would value him around 17. Of course, the draft points are all pretty subjective.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think next years 2nd will be involved as we will want as much ammo as possible.

If Swans aren't in a rush to take pick 23 then simply wait and watch how the CCJ deal goes because NM don't want to give pick 20 and don't have much else to offer. Richmond also need NM to trade for Tarrant.

Then how do Collingwood pay for Lipinski?

If CCJ ends up in the PSD and Sydney are being headstrong then pick 23 is off the table if we are certain Dawson isn't going to flip.

If we aren't looking at anyone else then there's no need to rush

What we get for Kelly may have some bearing depending what compo pick is award.

Harley early postering suggests he knows they have no hand and is projecting to Swans fans only after letting Alir go cheaply and him having a huge year.

It's in the players interest to get it done early and both clubs are genuinely reasonable.
Hately last year was bit of a surprise thou

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Getting really annoyed at those posters saying we have to give up 2 second round picks as that is pretty major and because of season gone the draft is a bit of a lottery and there has to be some gold in 2nd round.
If we have to add to 23 then throw in Kellys compo. pick.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Getting really annoyed at those posters saying we have to give up 2 second round picks as that is pretty major and because of season gone the draft is a bit of a lottery and there has to be some gold in 2nd round.
If we have to add to 23 then throw in Kellys compo. pick.
I get annoyed with those posters that squeal and constantly want more and more when its one of our players (ie jake lever two firsts please as a recent example) who then try and claim a player thats OOC coming our way is barely worth a 2nd rounder!..

this is a lad in his prime that finished top 3 in his current clubs B&F (where did jake end up in our 2017 B&F again?) and all of a sudden he’s worth * all and we should be scummy PSD flogs about it all..

our club has always been fair and reasonable at the trade table and I cant see why that wouldnt be the case in this instance..

I’d expect 23 plus something else, possibly the melbourne second aswell or a player, is where this trade eventually lands..

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
I get annoyed with those posters that squeal and constantly want more and more when its one of our players (ie jake lever two firsts please as a recent example) who then try and claim a player thats OOC coming our way is barely worth a 2nd rounder!..

this is a lad in his prime that finished top 3 in his current clubs B&F (where did jake end up in our 2017 B&F again?) and all of a sudden he’s worth fu** all and we should be scummy PSD flogs about it all..

our club has always been fair and reasonable at the trade table and I cant see why that wouldnt be the case in this instance..

I’d expect 23 plus something else, possibly the melbourne second aswell or a player, is where this trade eventually lands..
How many flags have we won being fair?

Apr 20, 2004
Regional VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
That was site vandalism, only edited today. I have changed it back to show only "Jordan Dawson". It was probably a disgruntled Sydney fan, or a jealous port adelaide power person,..... or someone from Geelong. ;)
Can you possibly edit the Wiki pages for Judas Lever, Gunston, Davis, et al?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I'm predicting the Swans will play hard ball which is fair enough on their part.
Trade period opens on Monday 4th October - Closes Wednesday 13th October
I'll plonk for day 9 - October the 12th.

Though I think day 10 would be favourite if a poll was held.
Bump

In by a whisker :)

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Almost every trade now goes down to the wire these days, I'd expect something similar with Dawson.

My prediction, a multi club trade invoiving Dawson will happen on Day 9

I was very very close.

The deal was agreed to on Day 9 (paperwork filed on the last day) and it took a prior multi club trade to get the capital needed to get the deal over the line so I'm claiming it as a win.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I was very very close.

The deal was agreed to on Day 9 (paperwork filed on the last day) and it took a prior multi club trade to get the capital needed to get the deal over the line so I'm claiming it as a win.
It's as if List Managers are measured on their ability to stretch negotiations out .....as if it symbolizes "the good fight"

I did see somewhere that SYD were praised for exploring all their options for a better deal ......seems you need the 9 days to explore your options, when most observers saw that it could have been done in 3 ......but SYD wouldn't get brownie points for that

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's as if List Managers are measured on their ability to stretch negotiations out .....as if it symbolizes "the good fight"

I did see somewhere that SYD were praised for exploring all their options for a better deal ......seems you need the 9 days to explore your options, when most observers saw that it could have been done in 3 ......but SYD wouldn't get brownie points for that

They did it to show their supporters they fought for a better deal and to cast themselves in the role of victim.

It worked.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Too late to say I reckon it'll happen at 10pm on October 12th?
Missed by that much 1.gif

Westozswan

Senior List
May 16, 2014
Darwin
AFL Club
Sydney
I think you have got the steal of the decade. Victoria don't care so the AFL don't care. But if this was Bulldogs then there would be an investigation. And the PSD would be finished. I personally think non Vic's should help each other but I'm completely Anti Vic. But it seems WA and SA are screwing the non VICS alot these days. Sydney Dont have anyone that 'wants to come home'. But I like Adelaide and hope to see Dawson delivering that perfect pass to your forwards all year

I think you have got the steal of the decade. Victoria don't care so the AFL don't care. But if this was Bulldogs then there would be an investigation. And the PSD would be finished. I personally think non Vic's should help each other but I'm completely Anti Vic. But it seems WA and SA are screwing the non VICS alot these days. Sydney Dont have anyone that 'wants to come home'. But I like Adelaide and hope to see Dawson delivering that perfect pass to your forwards all year

Watch the stink the Vics kick up when Luke Jackson leaves Melbourne to go to the Eagles to replace NicNat in a couple of years.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

You don't have anyone who wants to go home because no good kids get to leave. You get them via academy picks so you don't ever have to pay the premium to lure them home.

Over half your good players are academy picks.

Give us SA academies and we wouldn't have to lure kids home either.

Back