Player Watch Jordan Dawson - Our New Captain!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that v-Freo heatmap might be a tad a dodgy :grin:

The first heatmap below was posted by George having the same stats in text form, whereas another had same stats but more pock marks.

What does the current official Telstra heatmap for JD that game look like?

3e22dbe5-ce72-4405-88eb-2b84587d3da8-png.1654149

full
2nd heatmap shows the 27 possessions (same as this) whereas the first one only show only 19 possessions?

Exactly it’s why he wasn’t needed to play as a defender, he can help the defence more by being a mid pushing back as he’s not minding a player. Plus what we gain from his contested work around the ground, clearances, kicking in to the forwards. Dawson must never play defence again.
He’s not even a clearance beast, it’s his class and ability to stand up in traffic as the 2nd link in the chain that’s incredibly important. Can gain separation from smaller opponents with ease, too

Definitely more of a need in the middle than permanently down back, although it leaves our defence quite weak

He’s not even a clearance beast, it’s his class and ability to stand up in traffic as the 2nd link in the chain that’s incredibly important. Can gain separation from smaller opponents with ease, too

Definitely more of a need in the middle than permanently down back, although it leaves our defence quite weak
Last week he added 5 clearances, it’s only a matter of time this will grow, but again prefer him getting the final touch.

But disagree it makes our defence weaker.

We’ve conceded 31, 23, 21 and 22 scoring shots in our first 4 games.

I think it makes it stronger as he can help out defence now rather than being a defender and the more time the ball spends in our forward half, the less time in our defence.

Last week he added 5 clearances, it’s only a matter of time this will grow, but again prefer him getting the final touch.

But disagree it makes our defence weaker.

We’ve conceded 31, 23, 21 and 22 scoring shots in our first 4 games.

I think it makes it stronger as he can help out defence now rather than being a defender and the more time the ball spends in our forward half, the less time in our defence.
5 clearances, but 0 centre clearances. Still think we need another pure bigger clearance winner in the middle, but having even just the one bigger, classy midfielder in there is such a noticeable difference

Going from Dawson to Hinge, you keep about 3/4 of the rebound Dawson provides (similar game but less accumulation), but I’m not really a fan of his defensive work. Doesn’t slot into the hole nearly as well as Dawson, and isn’t great 1v1. I like him as a secondary rebounder, but need a two-way general down there that can provide run and carry, as well as good to very good defensive work. This was Smith in years past, but he seems to be winding down now

I get what you mean with Dawson pushing back, but he still won’t spend quite as much time down there. The opposition scoring shot stats might be down for now, but I’m not sure how long that will last

I think that v-Freo heatmap might be a tad a dodgy :grin:

The first heatmap below was posted by George having the same stats in text form, whereas another had same stats but more pock marks.

What does the current official Telstra heatmap for JD that game look like?

3e22dbe5-ce72-4405-88eb-2b84587d3da8-png.1654149

full
I don’t use Telstra heat maps ….. don’t trust Telstra, period

2nd heatmap shows the 27 possessions (same as this) whereas the first one only show only 19 possessions?

That's assuming the blue dots include handballs (and not just kicks) - tried to search for what the blue dots mean, didn't find anything.

In any case, one of those heatmaps is bogus and I'd lean towards the dodgy looking one being the dodgy one :grinning:

If they wear those uniforms, that will be the clash of all clashes. I assume we are the home team and they'll have to go white?
I just said the same thing to my wife, are we the home team or do we have an arrangement for them to wear white

I just said the same thing to my wife, are we the home team or do we have an arrangement for them to wear white

AFL did a coin toss for home teams for all games this weekend. We won it so we are home. Some one posted it on one of these threads.

Was posted in the Gather round thread

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL did a coin toss for home teams for all games this weekend. We won it so we are home. Some one posted it on one of these threads.

Was posted in the Gather round thread

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i did just read that

Of course.

But we didn’t recruit him as one, didn’t play him there much at all last year. It was a panic move after a couple of loses. Granted, it could turn out for the best.

It just shows how badly we neglected that part of the ground for ages. The most important part too. Feels like a shoe horn. First Laird, now Dawson, maybe RT next?
He’s playing well as a midfielder..what’s your problem?

Dawson will go down as one of our greatest ever players. He is so friggin good.

His game last night was insane. He’s now adding clearances. He had 9 tackles.

Beast with unbelievable disposal and decision making.
He is showing bontompelli like traits since being moved into the midfield...imagine if we can lure a phillipou or hollands back in a years time to suppliment the midfield

Dawson can really do it all

Dawson will go down as one of our greatest ever players. He is so friggin good.

His game last night was insane. He’s now adding clearances. He had 9 tackles.

Beast with unbelievable disposal and decision making.

Most big bodies midfielders like Danger, Fyke and Cripps don’t have Dawson’s elite skills and footy IQ

Jordy could become the best mid on the game.

When the club traded for Jordy this was the plan, however I’m not sure why we played him down back in 2022

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

reminds me of Pendlebury but will be even better. Lots of similarities - composure, always seems to have time, elite decision making and skills.

But superior - bigger booming kick, more pace, ability to shrug off tacklers and contested marking. Cant believe we have a superior version of Pendlebury for the next 5-8 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back