Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

ABAB

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
To be fair quoting multiple AFL pundits “if port only give up pick 16” that is a steal….

so yeah, not having a go, but your above post is basically what Matt Rendell said……if you can get a bargain sure, but I don’t think splitting pixk 4 and paying pick 15 for Dawson is in anyway “overs” in fact I wouldn’t accept that from Swans side, but he is OOC and I am not exactly independent.
I'm hearing pick 16 is "around the mark" and not a steal. He had a fantastic second half this year so has potential to be an elite player but that's all it is, we are not trying to recruit an already well established elite player.

Membling

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
He left solely for the same reason Dawson will be and that's salary cap pressure. It had nothing to do with the Swans needing a one on one KPD or whatever sh*t you're trying to peddle.
He left because we gave him a 1 year contract, he had previous discipline issues with club and he isnt a KPD.

You offered him more and got him in as you needed an intercept defender.

But hey, you know. When you offer a player 500k for 5 years if reported as correct, somebody is offering a lot of cash...

Dangerousfield

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I really hope for their supporters sake that the Crows do not blink and pay overs for Dawson because Port have publicly declared their interest in him (which I almost suspect is the only reason Port are doing it tbh)

This year's 2nd rounder and a future 3rd from the Crows is what Adelaide should really only pony up (I don't think they should split pick 4 up either unless they know they will get the kid they really want with one of the picks they get back in return)

I know Dawson is a good SA Prospect but I firmly believe the Crows are not in a position to compromise their rebuild by giving up decent trade capital.
FMD, Carlton supporter lecturing us on how to do trades after the debacles you guys have had recently, and about to cough up pick 6 for Cerra who's no where near as valuable as Dawson.

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
FMD, Carlton supporter lecturing us on how to do trades after the debacles you guys have had recently, and about to cough up pick 6 for Cerra who's no where near as valuable as Dawson.
Wasn't a lecture at all, and if anything I was trying to be supportive of the Crows. But read into it what you must.

Crowmurder

Team Captain
Aug 10, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
He left solely for the same reason Dawson will be and that's salary cap pressure. It had nothing to do with the Swans needing a one on one KPD or whatever sh*t you're trying to peddle.
Dawson's reasons for leaving have absolutely nothing to do with the Swans salary cap. He wants to come home to SA.

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Dawson's reasons for leaving have absolutely nothing to do with the Swans salary cap. He wants to come home to SA.
Agreed, Swans offered him arguably more money than both SA clubs according to reliable media reports.

His reasons for coming home are genuine (as rough as it is for The Swans)

Golumless

A bigger deal out west.
Jul 12, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Rockies, Oceanics
Do you think Dawson would be homesick if either Port or us (seeing I doubt this is as "up in the air" as the media portrays it) were offering 100-200 k less per year?

Bonz

Insert something witty here
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Do you think Dawson would be homesick if either Port or us (seeing I doubt this is as "up in the air" as the media portrays it) were offering 100-200 k less per year?
For $100k a year and the cost of living difference between the two cities I can see him being homesick.

$500k a year in SA gets you a lot further than $600k a year in NSW.

Ah12

All Australian
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
$100 on Crows winning spoon?

So even if finishing 17th you lose? I'll take that up
Your on, i look forward to death riding the franchise for 12 months. Similar to when you open up a Mcdonalds. They insist in you working there for 12 months before you start to cash in on the profits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anotherletdown

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm hearing pick 16 is "around the mark" and not a steal. He had a fantastic second half this year so has potential to be an elite player but that's all it is, we are not trying to recruit an already well established elite player.
Well if you think the 18th (after father sons) best kid in the country gets you more potential to be elite than Dawson then I'm all ears... and very excited by our pick 12/14

The Tilt

Senior List
Oct 12, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
The other point with Allir trade is that it allowed the Swans to get Hickey. Good as Allir has been for Port, I'd be happy for them to do the trade again (i.e. I'd rather have Hickey than Allir).

WillHayward

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Hes very good. Elite kick. Good overhead. Smart. Can go fwd too.

FreeAgent1

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Classic trade period.

Club losing player: He is a gun, sad to lose him
Club getting player: Awesome, we should target him HARD
Club losing player: Are you going to pay him $$
Club getting player: Oh he's going to get PAID like a gun
Club losing player: Awesome, I assume the trade capital will align to his pay and "gun" status
Club getting player:....... nah he has nominated, worth a late second.

ABAB

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Classic trade period.

Club losing player: He is a gun, sad to lose him
Club getting player: Awesome, we should target him HARD
Club losing player: Are you going to pay him $$
Club getting player: Oh he's going to get PAID like a gun
Club losing player: Awesome, I assume the trade capital will align to his pay and "gun" status
Club getting player:....... nah he has nominated, worth a late second.
Supposedly all 3 clubs are offering around the same mark of $500K, that is nowhere near what elite player earn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad