Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

I think he ends up at port, but Adelaide should offer maximum two second rounders, one this year and one next year, which are likely to be early picks, which would equate to pick 10-15 for an out of contract player.

Yeah but hes a sensitive dogs fan that is a bit upset by 2016 even though they won...

Something about how other supporters view that win...

Lol Sydney supporters have hijacked every thread I’ve looked at.. about the 2016 grand final. My god man just put a lid on it and discuss Jordan Dawson!

Yeah but hes a sensitive dogs fan that is a bit upset by 2016 even though they won...

Something about how other supporters view that win...
Not sensitive at all.

He played his first full season in his fifth year and has requested to be traded. 20 is likely unders but not by much.

He’s a jet. Just know Adelaide are going to be iffy about pick 4 seeing as though they’re in a rebuild.
He's only 24 and played every game this season. He'll be there when they play finals. He's the kind of player a team that's rebuilding should be willing to give up pick 4 for IMO. An A-grader entering their prime compared to an unknown in the draft.

I'd probably still be spewing if we got pick 4 for him.

Not sensitive at all.

He played his first full season in his fifth year and has requested to be traded. 20 is likely unders but not by much.
He's played virtually every game for the last 3 seasons.

Not sensitive at all.

Adam saad got pick 8 so expecting that type of return.

pixk 4 for Dawson and 31 is about pick 10value which is what I would be hoping for.

however swans will get teamed I am mentally accepting the future second from port….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting. I dare say Swans fans won’t be pleased with what they get. South Australian side won’t be pleased with what they give up.

no need to get upset Swans fans. Everyone is entitled to share an opinion.

Will probably go to port, I don’t see Adelaide even considering pick 4 in anyway at all. As much as I’d be happy to use pick as draft picks are unknown and we know Dawson’s year was awesome. I just can see Adelaide saying 4 is off the table

Adelaide could split pick 4 and give Sydney one of the picks from that split. There will be a handful of clubs with two first rounders.

Draft points don’t mean squat when you aren’t using them. That’d be a decent enough deal for the Swans.

I could see Adelaide splitting 4 to find a pick closer to his value.
It's not really a decent deal for us at all. We lose an A-grader to upgrade our roughly 30% chance of landing an A-grader to a roughly 40% chance.

If the salary cap wasn’t an issue I suspect Dawson (and Parker) would have signed in June when he professed his desire to stay. Instead it dragged on, COVID meant he was on the road for months while other clubs had the chance to sell him on a move.

Maybe indirect rather than direct.

It's not really a decent deal for us at all. We lose an A-grader to upgrade our roughly 30% chance of landing an A-grader to a roughly 40% chance.

As a neutral I’d consider Dawson worth a pick around 8-15. He doesn’t have the form that Saad did over 3-4 years but he is younger and clearly just as good. I liked his move up the ground this year but asking any more for a player that isn’t a KPP or a gun mid is a bit much.

Over the last few years clubs have paid a ridiculous premium to move up the order. I think you’ll find that deal will be about right.

Port have picks 16-18 and then nothing until around 60. They’ll have to get creative!
We were after one of their backup ruckmen last year in the Aliir trade. Might work one of them in

Back