Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

Big difference between pick 17 and that next level of compensation Adelaide can offer.

IMO pick 17 is really fair, Sydney is being unreasonable here.

Suspect it will end up as Pick 17 + favourable late pick shuffles for Dawson.
Once neutral observers consider a trade as fair, I think Adelaide has done all that it can.

It will be good getting Dawson via the PSD for nothing in the end.

With your second this year. I agree. It will involve those two picks and it will be Dawson and our second or third coming your way. Basically values Dawson in the high teens and it gives options.
So you value Dawson in the high teens... yet pick 17 is unacceptable.

Interesting...

Interesting...

Teens means a lot better than 17. There’s a difference there. That is still unders

Last edited:
Once neutral observers consider a trade as fair, I think Adelaide has done all that it can.

It will be good getting Dawson via the PSD for nothing in the end.

Thing is for a neutral observer I'm a big fan of Dawson too... See my comment on the first page of this thread on Dawson in May:

An above average defender, potentially borderline elite.

Great marking skills, excellent kicking out of defense. Problem is he is rather slow pace wise, and defensively he's not as competent as other 3rd talls (Howe, Lever, Hayne, etc.)

Late 1st round pick in the 15-20 range for a contender looking to improve defensive rebounds I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting...
TBH I am loving the stance that Sydney are taking, as it means we get Dawson via the PSD and get to keep Pick 17 if we trade for it.

Massive win-win.

If the swans are rejecting pick 17 they probably aren't thinking there's much different between that and walking for free in PSD.
So now late 1st rounders are next to worthless.

Interesting...

I guess when you usually get 1st crack at quality academy players, picks become so so.

Guess you don't mind we take him in the PSD with that reasoning.

Not really good negotiating at all.

Its fair trade that should have been accepted from the get go.

You have options you have pick 4, a future first or you can even split pick 4.

You just dont want to thats fine you can say we are being greedy or asking for to much but we can equally say ur not doing everything you can to secure the deal.

I suppose we all read it differently depending on which side of the fence we are on
Neutral unbiased observers are viewing Sydney as unreasonable.

The optics is not great.

In any case, would rather get Dawson for nothing via the PSD and keep an invaluable 1st rounder like Pick 17 potentially.

Neutral unbiased observers are viewing Sydney as unreasonable.

The optics is not great.

In any case, would rather get Dawson for nothing via the PSD and keep an invaluable 1st rounder like Pick 17 potentially.

We put out what we want, you do not meet it and we say no thank you.

Round one of trade negotiations is complete. Move on to next stage.

"Unreasonable" is subjective in this instance

Back